Louisville Leopards 2021

LeopardNation

Opening this discussion on the 2021 Louisville Leopards!

I'm eager to get your thoughts and predictions! Go Leopards!

Roster was released yesterday: Louisville Leopards Football Roster

Scrimmages
8/5 Navy & White Game: Intrasquad Scrimmage
8/7 at Steubenville 10:00
8/12 at Canfield 6:00

1 8/20 Barberton L 7-26
2 8/27 at Poland L 13-21
3 9/3 Wooster L 14-16
4 9/10 North Canton Hoover L 0-21
5 9/17 at Lake L 7-38
6 9/24 Perry L 14-34
7 10/1 at Green 7:00
8 10/8 GlenOak 7:00
9 10/15 at Alliance 7:00
10 10/23 at Linsly (WV) 1:30

Last edited:

That is a good scrimmage schedule. Rather see those 2 schools on the regular season schedule than the Fed schools. Regardless, this could be a 2-8 season or a 8-2 season and it all depends on the growth of the coach this past year as much as the improvements of the kids. The game at Poland will determine what kind of team we have this year.

A couple points:

1. Why is Canfield missing from the regular season?
2. Why on God's earth are you travelling to Linsly? (Shouldn't be travelling there at all. And no sense playing a team like that whatsoever unless your options were few and far between.

If Jefferson bails, y'all should look into the NE8. Not all that much traveling.
With all those FED schools on the Leps' schedule, makes sense to sign up there.
I think they could hang pretty well in the FED. Plus gates would be fantastic.

Good luck to Louisville! I also could see a 9-1 record.

A couple points:

1. Why is Canfield missing from the regular season?
2. Why on God's earth are you travelling to Linsly? (Shouldn't be travelling there at all. And no sense playing a team like that whatsoever unless your options were few and far between.

If Jefferson bails, y'all should look into the NE8. Not all that much traveling.
With all those FED schools on the Leps' schedule, makes sense to sign up there.
I think they could hang pretty well in the FED. Plus gates would be fantastic.

Good luck to Louisville! I also could see a 9-1 record.
1. They had week one locked in for years but the Poland - Canfield game stop that series. Now they are trying to find another week that will work. TBD
2. Do you guys need an AD? Will trade you ours for an assistant middle school coach or water boy?
Jefferson and Lakeview need to leave the NE8 and bring on Howland and Louisville! Fed gives you no big gate except Lake and NC when it comes to playing against Louisville.
Here would be a good schedule if independent: 2 NE8 schools, Howland, Alliance, NC, Lake, Canfield, Dover, NP and week 10 against Steubenville

Because he looks like a stud last season for STA and I’m curious on how he will be against better competition. But it literally has nothing to do with the school you like but I do know they had a passing scrimmage against the Tigers.

That is a really nice schedule. I think most games on the schedule are going to be very competitive. I think GlenOak and Perry will have the most talent wise, but for some reason GlenOak can’t use that talent on the field and Perry lost a ton. Hoover and Lake will probably be favored IMO, don’t know much about Green. I don’t think Alliance or Poland will have much this year.

That is a really nice schedule. I think most games on the schedule are going to be very competitive. I think GlenOak and Perry will have the most talent wise, but for some reason GlenOak can’t use that talent on the field and Perry lost a ton. Hoover and Lake will probably be favored IMO, don’t know much about Green. I don’t think Alliance or Poland will have much this year.
Unless the Golden Eagles got a bunch of transfers I don't know about, Perry, Barberton, Hoover and Green have more talent returning than GlenOak. This is not the GlenOak of 5 years ago.

You probably know more about the present teams. I still try to follow the federal league teams ( since Fitch left long ago ) but I’m probably overstating GlenOak talent. Back awhile the were very talented and often played like Jekyll/Hyde for some unknown reason. Good Luck to Green this year!

Because he looks like a stud last season for STA and I’m curious on how he will be against better competition. But it literally has nothing to do with the school you like but I do know they had a passing scrimmage against the Tigers.
Weren’t their two QBs seniors last year? The Rootstown kid and someone from McKinley?

Was informed that the STA kid played some QB for STA due to injuries last season, not looking like he will play QB for us. They say he’s got speed so look for him at CB with Seaman. The lineman (from what I understand) has been at 3 school’s Massillon, Hoban, Tuslaw and I don’t know anything about him.
I’ll believe when I see with this team. We do have some talent but we haven’t been able to get the most out of everyone (coaches included) in a decade so (on paper) isn’t what it used to be.

Poland will be just as good as last year

Was informed that the STA kid played some QB for STA due to injuries last season, not looking like he will play QB for us. They say he’s got speed so look for him at CB with Seaman. The lineman (from what I understand) has been at 3 school’s Massillon, Hoban, Tuslaw and I don’t know anything about him.
I’ll believe when I see with this team. We do have some talent but we haven’t been able to get the most out of everyone (coaches included) in a decade so (on paper) isn’t what it used to be.
Who told you that? He is playing quarterback.

Who told you that? He is playing quarterback.
Most of the 7v7 video I’ve seen and from what I understand it’s between Miller and Roberts right now maybe he breaks into the mix by the season but right now he’ll most likely be used at corner is what I understand.

You probably know more about the present teams. I still try to follow the federal league teams ( since Fitch left long ago ) but I’m probably overstating GlenOak talent. Back awhile the were very talented and often played like Jekyll/Hyde for some unknown reason. Good Luck to Green this year!
GlenOak had some terrific teams with Dunn and Worstell and later with Tibbs and Simon. Now they can't seem to get their best players to stay anymore.