Lorain County League considering expanding

It seems like the conference is perfect. All similarly sized Lorain County schools. Why change?

The question would be how many teams are they looking to add?

I would think some schools more firelands size to create divisions maybe?

But until someone would have an idea of how many teams they are looking to add, I'd say fairview and vermilion would be the most likely if they added 2

It seems like the conference is perfect. All similarly sized Lorain County schools. Why change?
I think the LC8 is worried about Oberlin. They struggle to field a football team at times. Canceled a game this season due to low numbers. Scored either 0 or 6 points in all their games except 1, and have won 1 game in the last 4 years. If something happens to Oberlin the league would rather have 9 teams than 7.

I think the LC8 is worried about Oberlin. They struggle to field a football team at times. Canceled a game this season due to low numbers. Scored either 0 or 6 points in all their games except 1, and have won 1 game in the last 4 years. If something happens to Oberlin the league would rather have 9 teams than 7.
What??? Long-term perspective?! Wish my league leaders had it...

I’ve been wrong before, but I would be stunned if Elyria Catholic was a part of this unless 4-6 schools were added and there was a divisional setup

I would be surprised if this happened . Bad blood between EC and several members of the LC8, especially Clearview.

EC can go to Indiana to look for competition.

Went to their game against North Olmstead and witnessed coaches acting like complete morons and apologists who see nothing wrong it. The only good news for EC is that one of the biggest offenders is now shark bait for Hoban.

good luck panthers.

Lorain County league is not going to let EC in. Would probably be a good time to let them in, football program is in a bit of shambles and the athletic Director is a good softball coach.

Elyria Catholic is not only openly recruiting kids from the schools in the Lorain County Conference but they have been successful in already getting kids ...

I highly doubt they will be accepted into the LCC based on that alone ... plus they would become the 2nd biggest school in the conference as many of the LCC are not only already small in enrollment but continue to slowly lose enrollment..

If they want to add one school it should be Vermilion... if two then Fairview..

Elyria Catholic is not only openly recruiting kids from the schools in the Lorain County Conference but they have been successful in already getting kids ...

I highly doubt they will be accepted into the LCC based on that alone ... plus they would become the 2nd biggest school in the conference as many of the LCC are not only already small in enrollment but continue to slowly lose enrollment..

If they want to add one school it should be Vermilion... if two then Fairview..
Yeah. I don’t see any possibility of those schools ever accepting EC into the league. Some of those schools have grudges against EC that go back many decades.

Yeah. I don’t see any possibility of those schools ever accepting EC into the league. Some of those schools have grudges against EC that go back many decades.
you are correct ...
going back to the 70s both Lorain Catholic and Elyria Catholic have not been favorites of being let into any league with Lorain County schools ...

Is this league under threat of a breakup because some of the size disparity within the league now? I could see wanting to expand the league to try and alleviate some of that

Is this league under threat of a breakup because some of the size disparity within the league now? I could see wanting to expand the league to try and alleviate some of that
Oberlin is in some trouble with sports and not being able to field a football team. League is trying to cover their rear

To my knowledge only Fairview, Elyria Catholic and Open Door applied. I think Fairview is going to be approved but I'd be shocked if EC or OD got in.

EC had zero chance of being approved. They haven’t played a team in the LC8 in over 10 years for a reason. They were just kicked out of the GLC and their new league is brutal. Only 2-3 winnable games on their 2024 schedule. Feels like they are panicking over there.

Elyria Catholic getting in would only benefit them and not one of the other schools ...
highly doubt they will be accepted...

EC had zero chance of being approved. They haven’t played a team in the LC8 in over 10 years for a reason. They were just kicked out of the GLC and their new league is brutal. Only 2-3 winnable games on their 2024 schedule. Feels like they are panicking over there.
and the only reason Elyria Catholic is even still open is half there enrollment are ED Choice kids .
It is not even a true Catholic HS anymore as the curriculum has been made way way less difficult