Longest Current Losing Streaks

EagleFan

Fan of Eagle
After Week 5, here are the longest current losing streaks in Ohio, at least by my records:

31 Cleveland Lincoln West
25 Utica
23 Uhrichsville Claymont
23 Urbana
21 Columbus West
19 Maumee
18 Crown City South Gallia
17 Fairfield Cincinnati Christian
16 Willard
15 Akron North
15 West Unity Hilltop
15 Columbus Mifflin
14 Rawson Cory-Rawson
14 Newark
14 Orwell Grand Valley
14 Fostoria
11 Chillicothe Southeastern

I may be wrong but I believe Chillicothe SE was Undefeated in 2019 regular season. So they have fallen hard. They had a super fast kid I saw play against Covington but can’t remember his name.

Yeah, Fostoria period fell off the map. Pretty much anything resembling a major employer left town, and the only thing really keeping them going at all is the railroad.

The football program had a few good years in the mid 2000s including producing current Buffalo Bill Micah Hyde. But the glory days are long gone.

After Week 5, here are the longest current losing streaks in Ohio, at least by my records:

31 Cleveland Lincoln West
25 Utica
23 Uhrichsville Claymont
23 Urbana
21 Columbus West
19 Maumee
18 Crown City South Gallia
17 Fairfield Cincinnati Christian
16 Willard
15 Akron North
15 West Unity Hilltop
15 Columbus Mifflin
14 Rawson Cory-Rawson
14 Newark
14 Orwell Grand Valley
14 Fostoria
11 Chillicothe Southeastern
Urbana had a strong program for at least 40 years, its so strange to see them on this list.

Not to sidetrack from the original topic too much, but Finneytown has lost 48 consecutive Cincinnati Hills League games dating back to 2014.

Is there any other team that has a longer losing streak within their conference?

Yeah, Fostoria period fell off the map. Pretty much anything resembling a major employer left town, and the only thing really keeping them going at all is the railroad.

The football program had a few good years in the mid 2000s including producing current Buffalo Bill Micah Hyde. But the glory days are long gone.

They aren't competitive in any sport aside from boys' basketball. Tough situation and a shame because you can still feel some of the history when you look at all of the banners hanging in the gym.

They aren't competitive in any sport aside from boys' basketball. Tough situation and a shame because you can still feel some of the history when you look at all of the banners hanging in the gym.

Even basketball, before the 2 winning seasons the last 2 years, had gone back to 2008 without a winning season.

It is sad, at one time the city and school were both thriving and now they're just a shell. And I'm not sure there's any hope they can ever bring either back to anything resembling relevancy consistently.

It is sad, at one time the city and school were both thriving and now they're just a shell. And I'm not sure there's any hope they can ever bring either back to anything resembling relevancy consistently.
It would help some but not bring them back to the "glory days" is if open enrollment came to an end. They are very big losers in number of students that leave. Of course if that happened Arcadia might have to close their doors.

While it's tougher to find, do we have any information on losing streaks by one team against another team? I know that some of the traditional losers in the Midwest Athletic Conference have some long losing streaks against teams like Marion Local and Coldwater.