Linsly 5-2 @ Dover 7-0

Doverbuck1

Linsly is a private school that attracts top notch students from around the world. They gave Steubenville a good game losing 26-17 and romped over Canton CC last Friday. They have good size with 2 over 300 lbs and several in the 280 295 range.
I expect they will be a disciplined hard hitting fundamentally sound team but if Dover is ready to play it should be a win as they set the stage for the team across the River.
Go Dover! Maybe some Steubenville folk can fill us in?

I’m from the Valley and very familiar with Linsly. I believe they lost their QB before the season began. Not sure what difference it has made, but they have put together a nice little season either way. Hard to get a good gauge on what Linsly team will show up week to week. They sort of struggled with a one-win Martins Ferry team in week 1. Linsly and St. Clairsville both had games canceled due to Covid so they both met up on one or two day’s notice. St. C, who is a fairly decent team for this area, beat Linsly by 3 touchdowns. I was really surprised by that. Then even more surprised when Linsly gave Big Red a heck of a game at Harding Stadium (Big Red was pretty beat up going into that game from what I hear). Then Linsly beats CCC pretty handily. Before the season all the talk was about how tough Linsly’s schedule was for 2021. The big name brands were there in Mooney, Big Red, Dover, CCC, Fairmont Senior (big in WV). However, some of these teams turned out to be down this year and Linsly has put together a good year. Sorry I can’t give any insight on X’s and O’s…just going off what we know about the program here locally. Dover shouldn’t take them lightly, but I still think the Tornadoes will cruise.

Dover 42
Linsly 14

With Linsly playing practically an Ohio schedule (7 schools), you can actually kind of get a decent frame of reference. Based on their other games my guess is Dover wins a somewhat close game where they pull away in the end (similar to the East game, 28-14ish). I say that knowing nothing about their players/game style.