Licking Heights VS Sheridan Generals

So Licking Heights has scheduled the Sheridan Generals for a non conference opponent in the 3rd game of the regular high school football season anyone have thoughts on this ?

Last edited:

Licking Heights is a big Division 2 team as for Sheridan I’m not sure if there still gonna be a Division 4 team or go back to Division 3 . Either way Licking Heights will have there hands full with Sheridan. I just wonder how much players Sheridan graduated and how many they return

Sheridan loses some pretty significant pieces off of last years team...... BUT that's happened to them before and they just keep humming along. One of the most consistent programs in the state of Ohio. I don't know what LH has but it wouldn't shock me either way whoever wins.

Coaching over the past 6 years has been suspect. A lot of good athletes have come though the program but do not have anyone to push them to be better than above average. LH is a sleeping giant. The right person at the helm could turn LH into a powerhouse in a very short period of time.

LH is one of those schools that probably should be good. The enrollment has really grown and there has to be athletes walking the halls…yet they seem to not be able to put it together.
Sometimes I cannot help but wonder if their best composite of football happened to be in their final MSL days.

Licking Heights from what I can tell serves a very diverse population. There’s a statement on their district website highlighting the number of spoken languages in the district and how they go about servicing those students. Twenty percent of their students participate in their ELL program with 18 ELL teachers on staff to help meet those needs. If that’s the case, many of the male students come from backgrounds where they’d be the first in their family to play the game.

LH is a D3/D4 school in D2 clothes. The high enrollment does not reflect athletic participation. The school is considerably the most diverse in the state. A huge part of their student population is made up of transplants from Nepal and this is somewhat true of Watkins too.

As far as football goes...this will be year 2 for their current head coach. Fortunately, he will return the entire offensive line, most receivers, and a very talented two way star at RB/LB. This will be the first full season that the QB will be playing. He started the last 2-3 games at the of last season. He is a much better runner than thrower with a great track & field background.

Defensively, again their best player plays both ways at RB/LB. They have some kids with decent experience playing on that side of the ball. There will be question marks about their DL as they lost that entire group. They will also be replacing their Kicker & Punter.

Newark and Tri Valley should be good tests for their game with Sheridan. Newark, I believe is on the rise and an opening Friday night on the road at Newark will definitely test LH's ability. Tri Valley is obviously better, and I expect them to lose that one, its just a matter of how competetive they are with them, which will be indicative of how well they compete with Sheridan.

Otherwise, I always pull for the LCL, so go Heights!

LH is one of those schools that probably should be good. The enrollment has really grown and there has to be athletes walking the halls…yet they seem to not be able to put it together.
Again, the student enrollment does not reflect athletic enrollment. The students walking the halls arent athletes, theyre first & second generation Americans learning how to read and write English. They arent the only school in this situation most likely. I have always advocated for OHSSA Divisions based upon male & female athletic participation per sport from the previous school year, but that would be very difficult to achieve.

That was my impression of LH in 2020 and 2021 when my school, a DVI private, played a 2-year series with them. They split the series with both games having a chance to go either way, but I thought LH looked like the more talented team.

LH is a D3/D4 school in D2 clothes. The high enrollment does not reflect athletic participation. The school is considerably the most diverse in the state. A huge part of their student population is made up of transplants from Nepal and this is somewhat true of Watkins too.

As far as football goes...this will be year 2 for their current head coach. Fortunately, he will return the entire offensive line, most receivers, and a very talented two way star at RB/LB. This will be the first full season that the QB will be playing. He started the last 2-3 games at the of last season. He is a much better runner than thrower with a great track & field background.

Defensively, again their best player plays both ways at RB/LB. They have some kids with decent experience playing on that side of the ball. There will be question marks about their DL as they lost that entire group. They will also be replacing their Kicker & Punter.

Newark and Tri Valley should be good tests for their game with Sheridan. Newark, I believe is on the rise and an opening Friday night on the road at Newark will definitely test LH's ability. Tri Valley is obviously better, and I expect them to lose that one, its just a matter of how competetive they are with them, which will be indicative of how well they compete with Sheridan.

Otherwise, I always pull for the LCL, so go Heights!
The two way player RB/LB, didn’t he transfer back to Pick Central?

Again, the student enrollment does not reflect athletic enrollment. The students walking the halls arent athletes, theyre first & second generation Americans learning how to read and write English. They arent the only school in this situation most likely. I have always advocated for OHSSA Divisions based upon male & female athletic participation per sport from the previous school year, but that would be very difficult to achieve.
They just haven't had good coaching. They should be able to beat the D3 and D4 schools in the league.