4. St Edward - Still undefeated I believe
5. Hilliard Darby - Has emerged as the class of the East
6. La Salle - Took a step back after St Charles
7. Centerville - Tops in the West
8. McNicholas - Big drop off from 7 to 8 I think
9. Pickerington North - I'm really struggling to find teams now
10. Chaminade-Julienne - I really don't know

Tuesday

OCC Showdowns - Thomas Worthington at Dublin Coffman, Westerville North at Dublin Scioto, Worthington Kilbourne at Pickerington North

Moeller at Elder - Can Elder hang with the Crusaders?

Lakota East at Sycamore - A couple of very solid teams, both with one star player (Spotts and Marquardt)

Wednesday

St Xavier at Centerville - First big test for St Xavier as Centerville tries to earn some respect during one of their down years

Thursday

Elder at St Xavier - Could be an epic GCL showdown

Westerville North at Worthington Kilbourne - Another good OCC matchup

Friday-Saturday

Wolf Invitational at Worthington Kilbourne - Should be a good harbinger for many teams who haven't been tested or have been shaky so far. Moeller isn't going this year, so the tournament is wide open. Among the front-runners: St Xavier and La Salle I know will be there as well as St Edward. If Darby comes, they will also be a force to be reckoned with.

By the way, bgmobile and OhioVBall, you guys said I was biased last time, but then when I asked you what to change or who else to include, you were silent. Please give your input. That goes to everybody actually. You guys know a lot more about most these teams than I do, so let me know!

By the way, bgmobile and OhioVBall, you guys said I was biased last time, but then when I asked you what to change or who else to include, you were silent. Please give your input. That goes to everybody actually. You guys know a lot more about most these teams than I do, so let me know!

Last time you only had 5 "top teams" and coincidentally, they were all from the South. Wouldn't change the ordering myself since I've been to one game this season. Would be glad to give my input after the Wolf Open this weekend.

true the season is still too young for a poll which is why i think the coaches polls havent even come out yet. this weekend as always is great barometer for a teams capabilities thus far in the year

also as a sugestion maybe through a lakota east team in there at the ten spot? maybe?

I actually did consider them, but they've had their chances against some of the big boys and havent looked impressive with straight set losses to La Salle and Centerville if memory serves me.

Really think that Mt. Vernon deserves to be top 10, but might agree with you that they haven't earned it yet.

Hoban plays at Darby today (Tuesday)

Also, who is emerging as the 2nd best in the West? Thought it was going to be Fairborn--is it?

you would porlly remember better than myself

how has mount vernon been playing this year? i had high praise for them in the pre-season

Really think that Mt. Vernon deserves to be top 10, but might agree with you that they haven't earned it yet.

Hoban plays at Darby today (Tuesday)

Also, who is emerging as the 2nd best in the West? Thought it was going to be Fairborn--is it?

Mt Vernon: Wins over Walsh, Pick Cent, TW, Hoban; Losses to Darby and Gahanna Lincoln

Sorry, that resume isnt all that impressive. The loss to Lincoln really hurts, and they have no really good wins.

2nd best team in the West is probably Lakota East or C-J

LHS,
I disagree with a few of your points above, IMO. Gahanna is solid, and think Hoban is even better than them. Mt. Vernon played Darby on a Friday night, then played Gahanna and Hoban Saturday morning, and was only best of 3, which we all know the best team doesn't always win those. But I do agree with you that their resume isn't that impressive--yet. Just my thoughts, but you give some good points.

Is East and C-J better than Fairborn? Have they played yet??

well pick north lost so i dont know that they belong in the top 10 anymore...
lost in 4 to kilbourne - 19-25, 25-23, 25-14, 25-16

as for the west: CJ over Fairborn 25-23, 25-23, 25-23 As close as you will ever see a 3 set sweep get. Fairborn's young and missing a few things right now but come tournament time they are gonna be very tough to beat.

Lakota east is strong this year, especially after losing one of their two best players last year (alex hoekstra). however, c-j returns almost everyone and i believe that c-j will eventually top lakota east for second place in the west

I didn't think we were ever in the top ten unless some state rankings have come out lately and I just didn't know about it. We just had a really really off day and were not prepared at all. Im saying that is an excuse cause kilbourne played a great game.

fairborn is 2-4 now...lost to roger bacon tonight when their big gun derek benson went out with a dislocated thumb pointing backwards 10 points into the match..or else fairborn woulda dominated...benson will prolly miss up thru the end of next week or longer..very very tough loss for fairborn

Yea no joke. Benson is probably more than half of their offense and hes their setter. Thats a huge blow to Fairborn.