Let's enjoy the Music!

1700764269602.png

Musically my favorite Fleetwood Mac tune. In particular Christie's Clavinet keyboard sound and John's bass line. Must have been a mucked up scene when your partner is signing about how her affair makes loving fun while playing on the tune.

My favorite recording session happy accident happens in this song. During a quiet moment in the middle, a police car passes by outside with its siren blaring right before a long psychedelic guitar shred. Perfectly timed and perfectly tuned to the song.

Musically my favorite Fleetwood Mac tune. In particular Christie's Clavinet keyboard sound and John's bass line. Must have been a mucked up scene when your partner is signing about how her affair makes loving fun while playing on the tune.

My favorite band, have seen them more than any other. (Other than MSB :))

My favorite band, have seen them more than any other. (Other than MSB :))
Did you ever see them pre Nicks/Buckingham? That is the true test of Mac fandom :) A friend's older brother was a huge fan of the Welch era and thought they sold out and went slicko LA when they brought on board Nicks & Buckingham. While I liked some of the Welch material those two albums in the mid '70s are basically the road map of '70s AOR. Unfortunately Lindsey's head got too big and Tusk turned into a mess then Stevie saved her best tunes for her solo career and that put an end to that era of Fleetwood Mac.

Did you ever see them pre Nicks/Buckingham? That is the true test of Mac fandom :) A friend's older brother was a huge fan of the Welch era and thought they sold out and went slicko LA when they brought on board Nicks & Buckingham. While I liked some of the Welch material those two albums in the mid '70s are basically the road map of '70s AOR. Unfortunately Lindsey's head got too big and Tusk turned into a mess then Stevie saved her best tunes for her solo career and that put an end to that era of Fleetwood Mac.

Never did, but still listen to and appreciate the earlier stuff for sure! Saw Welch after FM, and Buckingham with his own band during one of those times he'd been kicked out 🤣.

Foggy memory.............Late 70's Municipal Stadium mega show (World Series of Rock???), Bob Welch either played with FM or was on the same bill with a different band.

Never did, but still listen to and appreciate the earlier stuff for sure! Saw Welch after FM, and Buckingham with his own band during one of those times he'd been kicked out 🤣.

Foggy memory.............Late 70's Municipal Stadium mega show (World Series of Rock???), Bob Welch either played with FM or was on the same bill with a different band.
Bob had a good solo career going in the late '70s but I highly doubt he shared a bill with Mac, the parting was not on good terms.

If you dig FM you should watch the Prime series Daisy Jones and the Six. I thought it was a fun ride and there are a lot of Mac inspired elements to the story.

Bob had a good solo career going in the late '70s but I highly doubt he shared a bill with Mac, the parting was not on good terms.

If you dig FM you should watch the Prime series Daisy Jones and the Six. I thought it was a fun ride and there are a lot of Mac inspired elements to the story.

Thanks!

Check out this link, August 26, 1978......................

Eddie Money was most of the way through "Two Tickets" when the sound began to cut in and out. He stopped, got it fixed, then took it from the top. A two-fer that was most appreciated by all!