Lebron to LA

Why would he do this when he could just go to that team next year and not deplete them of resources in acquiring him?

Because many teams will need to shed $$$$ to sign him anyway, he will be able to get to where he wants quicker, and out of Cleveland (away from Gilbert)

Example, I read somewhere the Lakers would need to shed Deng and Randle if they wanted LBJ and George ... so take them and a pick or two or another player ... or give them an other vet for a young player so they can compete this year. I would bet the Lakers would jump at getting LeBron ... finally, LeBron has not been know for his patience.

At some point in the off-season if he really wants to go there, they'll end up with a heads-up to find deals to clear those contracts. Similar to how the Cavs dumped a bunch of salary in the days prior to LeBron coming back to Cleveland. LeBron isn't waiving his no trade clause to go get trashed in the first round of the playoffs by GSW, SAS, HOU, or OKC with this year's Lakers.

I'm still not fully convinced he's going to the Lakers if he leaves. Another East team with a lot of trade assets and/or ability to clear cap such as Boston makes more sense if the goal is to win more titles. IMO, teaming with George and Ball isn't going to be good enough to emerge from the West for Ball's first few years without a few major breaks. On paper right now that trio easily has less scoring potency than the Miami trio and the current Cavs' trio did when they were assembled. LeBron hasn't ever seriously threatened to win a title without a second explosive scorer, i.e. Wade and Irving. I don't see him risking his final prime years on trying to win without another guy that can score in isolation like that. Talent-wise the odds of a LeBron led LAL being an immediate contender would be far superior with Westbrook instead of George, IMO, even if that conflicts with Ball being a play maker or results in Ball getting traded.

Last edited:
I am tired of this act ... LeBron has repeatedly forced teams into unwise short term transaction ... which has caused his teams to be handcuffed with little wiggle room to improve ... then he leaves ... while I am grateful for the championship he and his teammates brought to Cleveland ... I have had enough of the drama ... trade Kyrie for young talent and picks ... then go to LeBron and offer to trade him to where he wants to go and get the most possible for him ... I know this will cause the Cavs to fall, but give them a better chance of rebuilding quicker with (I hope) more team centric nucleus and (hopefully) less drama. I know this is going to sound crazy, but I enjoyed rooting for the Price, Daugherty, Nance, etc. team more than this current addition.

Yeah, LeBron really screwed the Cavs over with those 3 consecutive finals appearances and a NBA Championship. Happens with many NBA teams. Mortgage the future for the present if you have a window of opportunity. But I don't blame LeBron. Gilbert has been shown to be an idiot when it comes to owning an NBA team and a child. He gave his "hometown" it's first title in over 50 years. Some people are never satisfied.

I'm also not convinced he goes to the Lakers. Even with George, they don't have enough fire power to overcome the Warriors. They would have to drastically rebuild the roster and acquire some shooters to open up the floor. PG isn't a great outside shooer, Lonzo will likely be bad until he fixes his shot and neither Clarkson nor Ingram are good outside shooters. I would have said the Clippers but they are headed to a rebuild and LeBron + Jordan + Griffin is just a nightmare for spacing/FT shooting. If they could even make those 3 salaries work.

Because many teams will need to shed $$$$ to sign him anyway, he will be able to get to where he wants quicker, and out of Cleveland (away from Gilbert)

Example, I read somewhere the Lakers would need to shed Deng and Randle if they wanted LBJ and George ... so take them and a pick or two or another player ... or give them an other vet for a young player so they can compete this year. I would bet the Lakers would jump at getting LeBron ... finally, LeBron has not been know for his patience.

If the Cavs traded Lebron for Deng & Randle, that would be the worst trade in the history of professional athletics.

:laugh: Cavs fans again turning on LBJ. So easily forget how horrific they were without him.

Trading him really isn't an option, BTW. Teams would much rather wait to try to get him in free agency than try to put together a package that the Cavs would ever accept.

This is nonsense.....the Cavs are not going to trade the best player in the NBA period. They will trade Kyrie and try to get a return that makes the Cavs able to win the East again this year and have a shot at another title. Then hopefully the Cavs of 2018-19 will offer Lebron a better chance to win a title than anyplace else and he stays with Cavs. Way too early to tell what Lebron will do next summer.

Of course they aren't trading LeBron. It's still something to discuss during the off season.

While I understand this ... I am really tired of the drama ... and do not want to go thru the purgatory like the last time LeBron left ... to me the trade of Kyrie can not be just a short sided type of trade ... the type of trade that only helps them for just next year ... if LeBron wants play the game of 'am I leaving or I am not leaving' then he can't expect the Cavs to only worry about next year.

While I understand this ... I am really tired of the drama ... and do not want to go thru the purgatory like the last time LeBron left ... to me the trade of Kyrie can not be just a short sided type of trade ... the type of trade that only helps them for just next year ... if LeBron wants play the game of 'am I leaving or I am not leaving' then he can't expect the Cavs to only worry about next year.

I'm sorry but that's the current reality of the NBA.

I'm not even a Cavs fan and I'm tired of LeBron's act. Has there ever been a superstar that is more needy, self centered, childish...etc..

LeBron is a really good basketball player...that's it. I really don't care what his political opinions are, and someone who's live his life really has no idea what the world is really like. He was a child prodigy at age 12, never been out of the spotlight as an adult. His understanding of getting an attaining a real job, paying taxes, filling out a tax form, buying groceries, paying his electric bill is zero. All that stuff is taken care of for him.
The Cavs have / had a really good thing going, now their egos are going to rip it apart.

I'm not even a Cavs fan and I'm tired of LeBron's act. Has there ever been a superstar that is more needy, self centered, childish...etc..

LeBron is a really good basketball player...that's it. I really don't care what his political opinions are, and someone who's live his life really has no idea what the world is really like. He was a child prodigy at age 12, never been out of the spotlight as an adult. His understanding of getting an attaining a real job, paying taxes, filling out a tax form, buying groceries, paying his electric bill is zero. All that stuff is taken care of for him.
The Cavs have / had a really good thing going, now their egos are going to rip it apart.

:laugh: :laugh: yeah, he has no idea what the world is like. Another dumbazz statement from 14Red without any knowledge on the subject.

HE BEGAN THAT fourth-grade school year the same way he had begun so many others: sleeping on a couch in a one-bedroom apartment that belonged to another of his mother's friends, where parties continued late into the night and police were sometimes called to investigate noise violations. His mom, 25-year-old Gloria, had recently quit a job at Payless Shoes, according to a friend. She was living on welfare. She liked to go out, friends said, and sometimes left LeBron to supervise himself. Often, he chose not to go to school, spending his days immersed in video games, shuttling between the apartment and a corner store where his mother's food stamps paid for his snacks.

By then, James had already spent two-thirds of his life essentially without a home, moving every few months with Gloria from one apartment to the next. She gave birth to him in 1984, when she was 16, and for the first few years they lived with four generations of family in a big house they owned on Hickory Street, a dirt road bordered by oak trees and railroad tracks near downtown Akron. Gloria went back to school; her grandmother and her mother, Freda, watched LeBron. Her grandmother died a few months later. Then, on Christmas Day in 1987, Freda died suddenly of a heart attack, and all family stability disintegrated.

Gloria and her two brothers, Curt and Terry, tried to maintain the house, but the place was cavernous and old, and they couldn't afford to pay for the heat. A neighbor visited that winter, when James was just 3 years old, and what she saw would later remind her of the movie Home Alone. The house was frigid and unkempt, with dirty dishes piling out of the sink and a hole developing in the living room floorboards. "It's not safe here," said Wanda Reaves, the neighbor. "Can you please come stay with me?" That night, Gloria and LeBron arrived at her house with a single suitcase and a blue stuffed elephant. "You can share the couch," Reaves told them, and so began a nomadic six years for a mother and son who were both trying to grow up at the same time.

They lived with Reaves for a few months ... then with a cousin ... then with one of Gloria's boyfriends ... then with her brother Terry. Their housing situation reached its nadir in the year of 1993, when they moved five times in three months during the spring, wearing out their welcome in a series of friends' small apartments while Gloria remained on the waitlist for a subsidized housing waiver from the city.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/9825052/how-lebron-james-life-changed-fourth-grade-espn-magazine

Nice job Taco.....I was thinking the same thing. Many do not know about Lebron's early childhood. Dru Joyce may have saved that kid by taking him in and helping raise him. Lebron's real Dad in jail most of his life and Gloria battled some drug demons over the years. Actually, Lebron has really handled his fame and celebrity very well all things considered. Yeah, The Decision was not good when he left Cleveland the first time but never any trouble with the law or substance abuse, domestic issues or anything like that. Lebron gets a bit passive aggressive with teammates and social media at times but he brings it every night on the court and is a pro along with being super gifted athletically. He respects the game and the stars that paved the way for him to make millions now too. Not saying he is perfect but IMO he is doing a pretty good job handling himself.

Bravo Taco...I worked at O'neils in downtown Akron in the 70's and 80's and nice to hear the rest of the story...BAM!

Well is Wade coming or going back to the beach?LBJ better get busy because he'll need help till the little guy gets aboard.

Seems like after Lebron's comments yesterday that nothing has changed regarding his plans to finish his career in Cleveland. He did say that he handles his contract/free agency in July and not during season. But he also said nothing has changed regarding his earlier comments on staying in Cleveland. Sounds to me like another espn created drama.....media would love him to leave Cleveland again for some reason???

The best player in the NBA for the last 10 years leaves his hometown again = infinite page clicks and tv ratings. Of course the media wants him to leave.

They want him in LA or New York. It kills them that places like Cleveland and OKC are contenders. They believe that it is the right of those cities to be on tv every game and be in the finals.

They want him in LA or New York. It kills them that places like Cleveland and OKC are contenders. They believe that it is the right of those cities to be on tv every game and be in the finals.

Or Chicago or Miami or Boston or any big market. I think the NY thing is overblown. I don't think the media is desperate for something they've never had: a contender in NY. The Knicks (because come on, no one has mentioned the Nets when they talk about LeBron to NYC) have had 2 years where they made the finals since the early 70s.

At the very least, this roster will be intriguing. Not sure if they are better or worse than last year, but I'm glad to see change. There was no beating GS and no future after LeBron with the status quo