Lasalle

At X if they find out you have a nicotine issue, they dont test but they will refer you to get treatment leveraging your parents as well. If it becomes a repeat issue, they will kick you out. Drugs or alcohol on campus at any time, immediate dismissal. The worst case of this was when I was at school a guy was a DD and drove some drunk girls to the Elder/X football game. One of the girls puked right by the car, a cop saw it. They searched the kids car and that girl had a small bottle of vodka in her purse and they kicked him out for it.

At X if they find out you have a nicotine issue, they dont test but they will refer you to get treatment leveraging your parents as well. If it becomes a repeat issue, they will kick you out. Drugs or alcohol on campus at any time, immediate dismissal. The worst case of this was when I was at school a guy was a DD and drove some drunk girls to the Elder/X football game. One of the girls puked right by the car, a cop saw it. They searched the kids car and that girl had a small bottle of vodka in her purse and they kicked him out for it.

So kids at X, Don't Smoke or Dip?? When did X start this? I have a family member who was caught distributing alcohol while at X in the early 2000s. He was caught "in the act" and was given Community Service by the school and Suspended for Half of the games that year in both sports he participated in. Was he treated different for being athletic or has the policy changed?

Several X kids were asked to leave over smoking off campus during their lunch breaks. I dont know how many of them there were though.

Think revenue stream. If there are any significant changes in drug laws, it will be to create taxation opportunity, first and foremost. There is no way our "leaders" leave that kind of money on the table.

The revenue from taxes will have to surpass the revenue the gov't is receiving for looking the other way and allowing the drugs to cross the border illegally right now.

I think slide-pie might have been confused by the nicotine question. His line might be about harder stuff.

Nope. Slide By is correct. I'm out of town, so on my nightly call to my kid I asked him. He said he's sure it's one week suspension caught off campus, but can be reduced to a lesser suspension if you go to some class. Second offense you're out. That's for tobacco. Pot is ZERO tolerance. It would appear that Xavier has the same type of policy.

Nope. Slide By is correct. I'm out of town, so on my nightly call to my kid I asked him. He said he's sure it's one week suspension caught off campus, but can be reduced to a lesser suspension if you go to some class. Second offense you're out. That's for tobacco. Pot is ZERO tolerance. It would appear that Xavier has the same type of policy.

Not according to the policy posted on moellers website.

http://netmoeller.moeller.org/document.doc?id=321
http://netmoeller.moeller.org/document.doc?id=322