Lasalle vs WW rd4

WW is not very good in two of the three phases of the game. They’re quite good defensively but not any better than some of the teams LaSalle has played this year. I know it’s all you’ve got to hang your hat on but this is not their year
You seem to be just making it up as you go.
I don’t think I have seen one WW poster saying that this is their year.
No WW fans have promoted the O or special teams as all that either.
Yappi WW fans pretty upfront and honest to a fault bout this team.

WW could not score against Milford. Milford played 2 teams with a winning record and they scored 35 and 29 points on them. LaSalle will not give up points to WW unless WW scores with their defense or special teams.
The transitive property doesn’t work, especially in the playoffs and with two teams that you could probably call rivals at this point.

I don’t know what to expect from La Salle each week because you never know who is left to play. In a season full of catastrophic injuries, we had our worst this past week. Maybe the boys are super inspired and go out and dominate for their brother who is off the field fighting for his future. On the other hand, they may be at the point where they’re playing kids who are not ready for a Week 11 game against a perennial power who is a rival. We’ll see.

X or Moeller have just as good of athletes as WW. X has a better defense
Come on mam no disrespect to those teams but WW defense has been top notched since Gray arrived. Milford avg 45 he held them to 3. Anderson avg 42 he held them to 20. Need I say the TD that was given up early was because #29 & #2 were in trouble & in grays doghouse tht week. Had they been in tht 67 yard TD don't happen. Anderson then scored on a short field after an interception. Milford got set up with a great punt return lol if the offense can flip the field we'll be fine we're healthy no more disciplinary stuff kids are scared straight so I expect a good hard fought contest.

Uh believe me the 4 team bracket of Woods, Lasalle, Withrow, and Edgewood,is by far the toughest in region.Troy is way overrated and Anderson will be lucky to beat Kings a second time.I do think the winner of Lasalle Woods will probably win the region.
You clearly didn’t see Kings play either Loveland or Anderson, but I hope you’re right.

WW could not score against Milford. Milford played 2 teams with a winning record and they scored 35 and 29 points on them. LaSalle will not give up points to WW unless WW scores with their defense or special teams.
Milford played 3 teams with winning records. Lebanon, Anderson and WW.

WW is good in 2 phases and terrible on offense.
I would say WW is above average on Defence, Below average in the kicking game, and well below average on Offence . Looking at the stats only one FG attempt 0/1 after 10 games is surprising.

I would say WW is above average on Defence, Below average in the kicking game, and well below average on Offence . Looking at the stats only one FG attempt 0/1 after 10 games is surprising.
Field goal kicking is only one part of special teams. They blocked an extra point against Kings which basically wound up winning them the game. Without looking up the stats, I know they’ve blocked other field goals, extra points and punts which have hugely impacted close games. From the two games I’ve seen, their coverage on kickoffs and punts is smothering, you’re not going to get an extra score that way. And I don’t know much about their return game, but I’d be surprised if they don’t have a fair amount of long returns. Kings made a strict policy of only squib kicking and punting where it couldn’t be returned in last year’s playoff rematch, they were so terrified of the WW return game after their regular season loss.

Field goal kicking is only one part of special teams. They blocked an extra point against Kings which basically wound up winning them the game. Without looking up the stats, I know they’ve blocked other field goals, extra points and punts which have hugely impacted close games. From the two games I’ve seen, their coverage on kickoffs and punts is smothering, you’re not going to get an extra score that way. And I don’t know much about their return game, but I’d be surprised if they don’t have a fair amount of long returns. Kings made a strict policy of only squib kicking and punting where it couldn’t be returned in last year’s playoff rematch, they were so terrified of the WW return game after their regular season loss.
Special teams is the whole package and looking at the stats its good but average in most areas.
WW has good kick coverage and can get in for the occasional blocked kick but looking at their yardage its is on par with the top 4 of the ECC a little lower in some areas. KR 14 yard average 0 TD. Punt return 6.9 avg 2 TD.
LaSalle will kick FG's in this contest and it will be a diffrence maker. WW if needed has not proven all year long they can attempt or make a FG.
IMO, LaSalle D has faced better competition than the Milford D that held WW to 0 points, 8 first downs and only 42 yards rushing...

LaSalle will kick FG's in this contest and it will be a diffrence maker.

La Salle has had more than a few FGs and EPs blocked this year. I'd almost put money down that it happens tomorrow.

IMO, LaSalle D has faced better competition than the Milford D that held WW to 0 points, 8 first downs and only 42 yards rushing...
Absolutely. Still gotta execute and I hope they do.

La Salle has had more than a few FGs and EPs blocked this year. I'd almost put money down that it happens tomorrow.

Absolutely. Still gotta execute and I hope they do.
It’s tough to get a kick off against WW. That’s been pretty consistent.
The punt team is what has cost them,especially last week. Another reason field position is so important against WW. WW can’t move the ball so if you make them punt from deep in their own territory you end up with great field position and a chance to score. To not have at least a competent punter in week 11 is pretty bad. Tbey seem to think just throwing an athlete out there is good enough. I believe Lebanons last score came after an 11 yard punt that gave them the ball inside the 30.

some
The punt team is what has cost them,especially last week. Another reason field position is so important against WW. WW can’t move the ball so if you make them punt from deep in their own territory you end up with great field position and a chance to score. To not have at least a competent punter in week 11 is pretty bad. Tbey seem to think just throwing an athlete out there is good enough. I believe Lebanons last score came after an 11 yard punt that gave them the ball inside the 30.
Lebanon score came off of two pass interference calls. The punter has been out the last couple weeks because of an injury. Its part of the game, trust me they will be friday.

some

Lebanon score came off of two pass interference calls. The punter has been out the last couple weeks because of an injury. It’s part of the game, trust me they will be friday.
So they didn’t start inside the 30? Getting 2 PI call’s somehow change the point about field position?

The punt was blocked. Did you watch the game. Lebanon had 152 yards in total. Winton Woods had 278. You do the math.

And Jennings running can get it done...
Dude how about watching a game and not reading stats. Yes they are punting to us but not giving up returns do to short kicks tht have hang time. Yes Kings presented the blue book tht all teams have used to beat us. But u have no idea wht ur talking about because if u have watched the games u see we don't tht many returnable punts. We almost returned 1 earlier in yr and had 1 called back from a flag. After those 2 teams have just punted the ball w hang time to allow the coverage team to cover the punt. The last 2 weeks instead of running up and fair catching it they've just let it bounce around for 20 yards.

So you're saying Winton Woods won't score? They have been blanked this year which the touchdown was called back in the Milford game. You sound crazy. lol

That is really bad for LS. The last few weeks, it occurs to me that maybe the LS kicker is a bit slow to the ball. Maybe that isn't his fault, but the edge guy for the defense very often gets to the kick. Hard to imagine that doesn't come into play tomorrow.

Hopefully La Salle can win the field position battle early but the big thing for the Lancers is they need to be aggressive on offense. They have a very good QB and a very good receiver in No. 10 while No. 2 can burn any defense if he catches the ball. They have a nice young TE emerging too, I think. La Salle built a 10-0 lead at X by being aggressive and squandered it by getting away from that. La Salle was aggressive against Elder in the first half and the Panthers could not stop them. At all. Then the aggression went away and they tried to chew up clock. They lost. Same in Detroit a couple weeks ago. Examples in the Indy Cathedral game when LS actually had that great team on the ropes battling back from three scores down to an opportunity to tie with the ball in plus territory after a turnover, but then SUPER conservative and that was that.

That is really bad for LS. The last few weeks, it occurs to me that maybe the LS kicker is a bit slow to the ball. Maybe that isn't his fault, but the edge guy for the defense very often gets to the kick. Hard to imagine that doesn't come into play tomorrow.

Hopefully La Salle can win the field position battle early but the big thing for the Lancers is they need to be aggressive on offense. They have a very good QB and a very good receiver in No. 10 while No. 2 can burn any defense if he catches the ball. They have a nice young TE emerging too, I think. La Salle built a 10-0 lead at X by being aggressive and squandered it by getting away from that. La Salle was aggressive against Elder in the first half and the Panthers could not stop them. At all. Then the aggression went away and they tried to chew up clock. They lost. Same in Detroit a couple weeks ago. Examples in the Indy Cathedral game when LS actually had that great team on the ropes battling back from three scores down to an opportunity to tie with the ball in plus territory after a turnover, but then SUPER conservative and that was that.
What better proof do u need of the OC not using all his tools for all 4 Quarters. Very painful to watch all 4 of those losses

Regardless Of all said somehow I feel this will go down to the Wire. MAKING FG. is a flip of the coin for many reasons.

Best of luck to LS. And may the passion and emotion generated by the huge loss last week carry you to victory

The more I think about it. WW should just run right at LaSalle with all the injuries they're having. Make this a physical game where depth may become the biggest factor.