LaSalle 2022

mrsimp06

I decided to start a Lancer thread, since one hasn't been started. What do the Lancers have coming back in '22?

Who cares! LaSalle had to many issues with ineligible players this year in multiple sports without consequences. How many ineligible Players will they have on next seasons Football Team? How many illegal transfers? Nobody wants to cheer for that crap and act like it didn’t happen.
You claiming LaSalle used ineligible players?

They have a great coach for starters and he will make sure the Lancers are ready to compete. I don't think his son will start the season as the starting QB but it would not surprise me if he ends the season as the starting QB
Third-party source, but I've heard perhaps the other freshman is going to be the QB. He sure was good on defense on varsity late last year.

Not sure I can believe that with Mattingly still in the fold.

Third-party source, but I've heard perhaps the other freshman is going to be the QB. He sure was good on defense on varsity late last year.

Not sure I can believe that with Mattingly still in the fold.
Who steps up at DE, y'all lose a monster with Ruffin gone.

Last edited:
La Salle sked.jpg

Brutal schedule for sure; I don't know what talent they have that's really coming back; is the WR returning? QB was not impressive last season; offensive and defensive lines were not a factor against the big boy teams in the South

Brutal schedule for sure; I don't know what talent they have that's really coming back; is the WR returning? QB was not impressive last season; offensive and defensive lines were not a factor against the big boy teams in the South
Which WR?

I don't think Colerain is a toss up, LaSalle's lower levels beat them a combined 72-6 last year. I do think Dupont is a toss up.
Colerain has a bit back from the varsity team last year, though, right? La Salle has young talent, but I don't know that it's ready for Friday nights yet. Hope so.

DuPont loses its very good running back, who was really the difference last year in a three-score La Salle win and the last-minute escape that happened. I don't know if they have a lot back.

I'm looking at loses to all 3 GCL teams Trininty and Cathedral and Colerain is a toss up
Cathedral is going to be very good. You're likely on the mark there unless La Salle really develops. Trinity is likely to be better than last year, so probably a tossup.

Regarding the GCL, I'm not sure why Elder would be a clear favorite as La Salle has beaten the Panthers five of the last seven. I feel the same way about Moeller, especially because I think the plans at QB were drastically altered this winter. We are nearly a decade out from the days La Salle could count on three GCLS Ls.

On paper as of today, I wouldn't consider Edler or Moe favorites over LS by any stretch of the imagination.
Admittedly, I'm not as aware of what these three have on paper coming back as I usually am. But based on last year, I also don't see any reason to simply chalk up a win for Moeller and Elder. La Salle has been a better program in the past decade.

Admittedly, I'm not as aware of what these three have on paper coming back as I usually am. But based on last year, I also don't see any reason to simply chalk up a win for Moeller and Elder. La Salle has been a better program in the past decade.
I will say this—Moe has a ton of talented starters/experienced players returning this fall. So, on paper, they will be the favorites IMO.
But, as any educated fan, parent, alum would tell you—that means nothing! Have to play the games, have to be a team.

I will say this—Moe has a ton of talented starters/experienced players returning this fall. So, on paper, they will be the favorites IMO.
But, as any educated fan, parent, alum would tell you—that means nothing! Have to play the games, have to be a team.
Hopefully, they can fill the QB position. I know the rising junior class is pretty strong there but wasn't a lot of that based on a DI-caliber QB?

Hopefully, they can fill the QB position. I know the rising junior class is pretty strong there but wasn't a lot of that based on a DI-caliber QB?
Yes and no. Tons of talent on both sides of the ball. IMO a D1 caliber QB1 is not needed. The coaches made it work last season with a very inexperienced QB1 heading into summer. And he ended up with just one offer (D2). There are a few options now for a QB1. Just have to wait and see how that goes.

What is the team looking like for next year? I know they are losing a lot of experience and talent. I know Lasalle has always competed even with bad talent. With the schedule I see above, I can say they go 6-4 most likely. And with Winton Woods moving to D1, I could see Lasalle winning Region 8 just considering the experience that the Lancers have in the playoffs. Who are the sleepers this year in D2?