Lancaster 17-7 over Groveport

Very ugly game, but, yes, congratulations to Lancaster on the win. To an extent its a needed shot in the arm for the program moving forward. Young team with a ton of limitations; nevertheless it is Friday nights and any 'W' is a general aid toward the cause of progress. Soak it in tonight, have a good film session tomorrow morning (learn from it) and strap up for Reynoldsburg next week.

D-line did generally well and as a unit they were probably the most impressive for all four quarters. GPM has some really apparent weaknesses on the offensive side, and the Gales's ability to identify + sustain an advantage on those weaknesses really did play a role in GPM not being able to get anything really going.

Now, the flip side of that is GPM had a ton of incremental screw-ups and misfortunes that ultimately made the concept of "self-inflicted wounds" much more detrimental throughout the entire course of the game. I don't think GPM was really at all the "better team that somehow lost" (or however the cliche goes these days) but, frankly, it was chaotic and aggravating to watch so many things go wrong for a team. For discussion and general observation purposes, that point is probably most useful in being pronounced because it paints the picture better of how a winless team goes up 14-0 in the first ~6 minutes of the game and holds on to win 17-7 against a team they were decisive underdogs against on paper and projection. All that said, Dickerson had a fantastic junior season debut for the Gales and his impact in all facets of the game really was an 'X-Factor' for the Gales to help get them off to the fast start... with solid punting as well (I'm pretty sure he was also the punter...?)

Very ugly game, but, yes, congratulations to Lancaster on the win. To an extent its a needed shot in the arm for the program moving forward. Young team with a ton of limitations; nevertheless it is Friday nights and any 'W' is a general aid toward the cause of progress. Soak it in tonight, have a good film session tomorrow morning (learn from it) and strap up for Reynoldsburg next week.

D-line did generally well and as a unit they were probably the most impressive for all four quarters. GPM has some really apparent weaknesses on the offensive side, and the Gales's ability to identify + sustain an advantage on those weaknesses really did play a role in GPM not being able to get anything really going.

Now, the flip side of that is GPM had a ton of incremental screw-ups and misfortunes that ultimately made the concept of "self-inflicted wounds" much more detrimental throughout the entire course of the game. I don't think GPM was really at all the "better team that somehow lost" (or however the cliche goes these days) but, frankly, it was chaotic and aggravating to watch so many things go wrong for a team. For discussion and general observation purposes, that point is probably most useful in being pronounced because it paints the picture better of how a winless team goes up 14-0 in the first ~6 minutes of the game and holds on to win 17-7 against a team they were decisive underdogs against on paper and projection. All that said, Dickerson had a fantastic junior season debut for the Gales and his impact in all facets of the game really was an 'X-Factor' for the Gales to help get them off to the fast start... with solid punting as well (I'm pretty sure he was also the punter...?)
Dickerson was definitely missed with his injury and the Gales got a boost from his return. He did not start the game punting but when he did Wow!!
Best punting performance in a while, no offense to Thomas. The D came hitting last night, lots of energy on that field that the Gales at times lacked earlier in the year. For some it was an ugly game but what do you expect when both teams ran the ball 90% of the time. A win is a win. Groveport's QB will be a handful by the time he is a senior and they definitely missed Michael Robinson at RB. He was injured and did not play last night. With both teams fairly young both will get better and next years game at Groveport should be a good one. Hopefully the Gales can make it two in a row against Reynoldsburg next week. Finishing 3-7 is now a real possibility.

The Eagle Gazette said Dickerson had 175 yards. Does this mean that the Wing T is no longer predictable and can actually work if executed? :unsure:

Who saw this coming?! Congrats Gale fans. Even though I'm a Pickerington fan, I have always respected your program. I know it has been a painful growing process, so it's good see a positive outcome for your guys.