Lakewood St. Edward (4-0) at Massillon Washington (4-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massillon was very good that year and that did hurt them losing that player. However, I don't believe they beat Hoban.Hoban imo was 2 touchdowns better than Massillon. The stats in that game were like 550 vs 250. Hoban had a 34 to 7 lead at halftime and pretty much scored at will. Yes Massillon came back in the second half and made a game of it, but Hoban had 2 nice drives going in the 3rd quarter and had a couple of uncharacteristic huge penalties that thwarted drives. Also Hoban beat St Iggy with their 2nd string quarterback and rushed for over 300 yards in the second half. Also Hoban had the running clock on just about every opponent.
I couldn’t disagree more but to each their own. You’re bringing up penalties right. We were without an All Ohio Linebacker and 2000 yard rusher. He was a force on both sides of the ball. Top 5 player in the state. Big difference between him and any other player on our roster. But I’m done I have my opinion you have yours

I don't think St Eds and Hoban have fallen by the wayside.
That's how stupid you are.

Hoban was irrelevant till their current coach. St. Ed's has been up and down since Currence.

There's no reason to believe they'll be any different than Moeller and Ignatius, when either their coaches leave or another pretender to Massillon's record state and national championship records takes their place.

1694698311484.gif

Massillon plays Warren, Canton Mckinley, Fitch, and Glen Oak away every other year, so that don't add up.
I was mildly surprised that Harding scheduled Massillon on the road for the second year in a row. Without checking, I simply assume that it's (A) due to the construction of the indoor facility, (B) the condition of the away side, and (C) Massillon being capable of selling out every stadium.

I always enjoy games in Tiger Town, so it doesn't bother me at all. From Massillon's perspective, assuming that Harding gets the home game next year, shouldn't this arrangement prevent them from making two trips to the Mahoning Valley in the same season?

I was mildly surprised that Harding scheduled Massillon on the road for the second year in a row. Without checking, I simply assume that it's (A) due to the construction of the indoor facility, (B) the condition of the away side, and (C) Massillon being capable of selling out every stadium.

I always enjoy games in Tiger Town, so it doesn't bother me at all. From Massillon's perspective, assuming that Harding gets the home game next year, shouldn't this arrangement prevent them from making two trips to the Mahoning Valley in the same season?
I think I heard that the contract was up so they did a new one and probably for all those reasons mentioned decided to start it at Massillon.

Simply haven’t got it done. I know this is hypothetical but 2018 it was going to happen until our star RB/LB got hurt the week prior. That’s just my honest belief. We were as good as anyone in the state that year with him healthy

When I saw Coach Moore at the Massillon-Harding basketball game last year (we were already familiar with each other from Twitter from a while back, but David Lee Morgan Jr. introduced me to him in 2020), I asked him how it felt to pass Paul Brown for all-time wins. He told me, "It doesn't matter because he haven't got it done."

I talk about the Tigers an awful lot. Not just Yappi, but also in debates here in Warren. Some around here can't stand it, but many people here attributes Harding's up & down ways to declining population & enrollment. One of the main things that I stress to them is, "That hasn't stopped Massillon from competing against the best of the best" as it usually takes a top 5 team in Ohio to beat them. That's a testament to not only Moore's leadership, but your entire community for constantly building your youth up to chase their goals at the highest level.

I really hope that Tiger fans truly appreciate what they have in Moore because he absolutely loves it there. He's 1,000% dedicated to enhancing the long storied tradition in Massillon and he's an even better person. As it was mentioned earlier, he laid the foundation at La Salle and could have easily continued to win state titles there. Heck, y'all were originally scheduled to play Bishop Gorman (NV) in 2020 before COVID smacked the country, which goes to show that y'all don't duck anybody.

I also hope that the entire state appreciates the magnitude of a mid season matchup of Massillon-St. Ed's. Congrats to both programs on their current positions as two of the finest programs anywhere.

Good point. Would be nice, I suppose from Massillon's standpoint, to rotate so we are not @Warren & @Fitch on same year but I don't think it matters too much frankly. Been to both so many times we look forward to hitting our favorite away restaurants. Nick and the people at Buena Vista are almost like family at this point. At Fitch we hit Salvatores - there may be better places but it's a tradition at this point.

Last edited:

That's it. Moore said they rejiggered the contract to avoid going to Fitch and Harding the same year.

Oh that’s right I forgot football is only played for 2 quarters.
Sure as hell doesn’t take Nostradamus to figure out when the best player on your team isn’t playing it makes a difference in the game. But you are too ignorant to realize that.
It's just an opinion. Hoban imo would have won the year Massillon beat them because they were without their all state tight end and their best running back was 75%. Also that year Massillon trailed the whole game against East St Louis And had to score late to win. East St Louis scored over 40 points. Final 45 to 41. Plus as Bill Russell use to say excuses are for losers.

It's just an opinion. Hoban imo would have won the year Massillon beat them because they were without their all state tight end and their best running back was 75%. Also that year Massillon trailed the whole game against East St Louis And had to score late to win. East St Louis scored over 40 points. Final 45 to 41. Plus as Bill Russell use to say excuses are for losers.
Umm you just listed multiple excuses for Hoban

Their all-state TE who transferred from Massillon? Bummer.

Is it just me or is a significant portion of this thread just Massillon people defending themselves against claims that nobody is making? I thought my El Rancho Grande review would be the dumbest post in here but you all keep outdoing yourselves.

Nah it's just you Karen, but feel free to contact the complaint dept.

Is it just me or is a significant portion of this thread just Massillon people defending themselves against claims that nobody is making? I thought my El Rancho Grande review would be the dumbest post in here but you all keep outdoing yourselves.
Epic comeback to what I thought was a d**m funny original post. Ha ha ha.

That's how stupid you are.

Hoban was irrelevant till their current coach. St. Ed's has been up and down since Currence.

There's no reason to believe they'll be any different than Moeller and Ignatius, when either their coaches leave or another pretender to Massillon's record state and national championship records takes their place.
You said they areirrelevant now. How can they be irrelevant when they have won 5 state championships in the last 8 years and Eds has won 6 state titles within the last 10 12 years.I agree Hoban outside of the last 8 years has not be elite. They have gone to the playoffs at given times but also lost in the second or third round. St Eds has been up and down in the past also. I'm not on here to argue and I don't insult people and call them names when their opinions differ from mine. Anyway there are a lot more important things in life then a game. All of this is hypothetical anyway. It's like I said I thought the cavs would have beaten Golden State if Love and Kyrie Erving would have played. I was shot down and told by LeBron haters it's all hypothetical.

Status
Not open for further replies.