Kneeling For The National Anthem

Status
Not open for further replies.
You show respect when you stand and remove you hat for the anthem and flag.
It’s not required and I would not be for it being a requirement.
I stand and remove my hat for the anthem.
You want to be a doosh canoe and not show respect, have at it.

Kneeling doesn’t have anything to do with the anthem or the flag. This is the ignorance that people started to say why Kap was doing it and Trump turned it into this disrespecting the flag and anthem and completely ignoring the facts as to why he started to do it.

I take it as disrespectful and I didn’t vote for Trump. This is attrition not activism.

I'm personally fine without it being played. When I'm at PNC Park or PPG Paints Arena, I stand and show respect when its played but meanwhile jerkoff yinzers will go to the beer vendors and toward the piss troughs. Certainly some of these people are Anthem Defenders on Facebook re: the NFL.

I'm all for patriotism and valuable, meaningful displays of appreciation that fully incorporate an understanding of why we have an anthem & what it represents. Unless schools, heck even the pros, start appending essays or visible partnerships of active duty/veterans of foreign wars groups alongside the national anthem, I'm not seeing the point of having it at football games myself. Contra that, I actually really enjoy the anthem at basketball games for other reasons. But football? It's yet to be demonstrated to me that most of my fellow attendees will show the same level of respect that's expected out of me when I'm at a game once its played. Doesn't matter if I'm at Gahanna, the Central Catholic League, Lancaster or whatnot. Or, at the very least, the schools should stop playing it when half of the attendance is at the gate.
Huge difference in passively ignoring the anthem and actively ignoring it.

Kneeling doesn’t have anything to do with the anthem or the flag. This is the ignorance that people started to say why Kap was doing it and Trump turned it into this disrespecting the flag and anthem and completely ignoring the facts as to why he started to do it.
That's the big lie told to everybody now. It's not about the anthem or flag. If it's not then don't do it during the anthem then!

Not according to those who believe the anthem's playing is sacrosanct. It's an all or nothing.

Perhaps they ain’t those those people. Perhaps they are just like kap. Or perhaps they have weak bladders or low blood sugar and don’t have time to stop and respect the flag. I mean unless you ask them, right?

But we all know kaps reasoning, now don’t we. Shouldn’t activism actually promote unity and not change? I’ve not seen either. Perhaps there’s a better way? Or maybe if we kneel harder, maybe lay down? Fall asleep? Pull our pants down? Or maybe wear pig socks like kap. That guy is atrocious and a divider and should be treated as such.

Perhaps they ain’t those those people. Perhaps they are just like kap. Or perhaps they have weak bladders or low blood sugar and don’t have time to stop and respect the flag. I mean unless you ask them, right?

But we all know kaps reasoning, now don’t we. Shouldn’t activism actually promote unity and not change? I’ve not seen either. Perhaps there’s a better way? Or maybe if we kneel harder, maybe lay down? Fall asleep? Pull our pants down? Or maybe wear pig socks like kap. That guy is atrocious and a divider and should be treated as such.
You truly have no idea. Get your head out of the sand.

Liberty...excellent observation. Let’s look at the definition.

the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life, behavior, or political views.

the power or scope to act as one pleases.

If “liberty” does exist, then kneeling is more than covered.

I served. My dad served (in WW2). My youngest son served. We served to protect those freedoms and that liberty. If freedom and liberty have limitations (not counting legal), then it’s not fully free.

Freedom to kneel for the flag and anthem is liberty.

I never stated they did not have, nor should not have, freedom to kneel during the anthem. I stated that the flag represents not only freedom but the avenues of due process which allow for justice to prevail. If they are upset with police or other matters, they should actually be revering the flag because it represents their ability to gain justice and protect freedom.

It is hypocritical to do otherwise.

Until anthem hard-lining is extended past the NFL and to all sporting events, I'm not inclined to really care what the people who belly-ache about peaceful, silent protest have to say on this. There's a lot of hypocrites on this topic. Your rationalizing of why people don't exercise self-control for all of 45 seconds for the playing of the anthem is nonsense.

I never stated they did not have, nor should not have, freedom to kneel during the anthem. I stated that the flag represents not only freedom but the avenues of due process which allow for justice to prevail. If they are upset with police or other matters, they should actually be revering the flag because it represents their ability to gain justice and protect freedom.

It is hypocritical to do otherwise.
How has that worked out over the last 100 years ?

Says the guy who participates with rioters and get his news from them.
You have NO idea !
This guy ⬆️ thinks every protest Is filled with rioters and looters. SMH. It’s people like you that when your days are over this world will become a better place.
Says the old man who is afraid to leave his house because of all the protests. ✊?

You have NO idea !
This guy ⬆ thinks every protest Is filled with rioters and looters. SMH. It’s people like you that when your days are over this world will become a better place.
Says the old man who is afraid to leave his house because of all the protests. ✊?
That's wrong. Protest is fine with me but not when laws are being broken like happened where you were.

Examples ?

Our system of government and instiitutions allowed for progression and advancement of rights (granted by God) to extend to all of us, and our justice system demands fair and equal treatment under the law. We (The United States) ended slavery; ended Jim Crow, passed civil rights (because of Republicans, btw), and twice-elected a black president. Many blacks are among the highest paid citizens in this republic. If systemic and institutionalized racism existed, none of that would have happened, because a 12% minority could not have overcome such systemic and institutional racism, the math does not work. Are there still some racist people among us, for sure, but let's not burn down the system that elevated everyone to the same platform.

You sound like a petulant 12 year old making a demand to his parents. And his evidence of his demand being valid is that he has 2 buddies that agree with him.
And you started this thread and have given zero rational input other then to make jokes or post pictures. I am not surprised because of your age group that you feel the way you do.

That's wrong. Protest is fine with me but not when laws are being broken like happened where you were.
Really because you have made it quite clear that kneeling during the anthem isn’t right and yet no laws are being broken.
How many laws were broken at the protests in downtown Canton ? I’ll wait as you google search.

And you started this thread and have given zero rational input other then to make jokes or post pictures. I am not surprised because of your age group that you feel the way you do.
All I did was ask the opinion of others because I thought it was going to be an issue. (The interest in this thread proves me right.) Then you started chiming in about people being ignorant. Now here we are.

Really because you have made it quite clear that kneeling during the anthem isn’t right and yet no laws are being broken.
How many laws were broken at the protests in downtown Canton ? I’ll wait as you google search.
Kneeling during the anthem isn't right for me. That's my opinion. I NEVER insinuated it was (or should be) against the law.

More than a dozen protesters were arrested in Canton.

Until anthem hard-lining is extended past the NFL and to all sporting events, I'm not inclined to really care what the people who belly-ache about peaceful, silent protest have to say on this. There's a lot of hypocrites on this topic. Your rationalizing of why people don't exercise self-control for all of 45 seconds for the playing of the anthem is nonsense.
Are you incontinent or hypo glycemic? 45 seconds could be the difference of passing out or soiling yourself. I mean if you’re going to be empathetic to something, at least be consistent.

I wonder if any of the people who like to expend energy being outraged by kneeling have ever, at some point, gone to the restroom during the anthem? Or left their hat on, or taken a sip of beer, or looked at their phone? Of course they have. Well, this horse is out of the barn, so I hope you have the time & energy to be outraged the rest of your life, or at least the very foreseeable future (when spectator sports ever return).

I wonder if any of the people who like to expend energy being outraged by kneeling have ever, at some point, gone to the restroom during the anthem? Or left their hat on, or taken a sip of beer, or looked at their phone? Of course they have. Well, this horse is out of the barn, so I hope you have the time & energy to be outraged the rest of your life, or at least the very foreseeable future (when spectator sports ever return).
Already been addressed. Passive vs active. Kap is a divider.

Status
Not open for further replies.