Kirtland football parent files First Amendment complaint after post-game prayer

A prayer isnt teaching beliefs. I can and have attended other religious ceremonies. I never once felt indoctrinated. But I did enjoy some of them. Some I tuned out.

I guess I don't fear exposure to different viewpoints like you do.
Says who?
What about the sermon?
This has nothing to do with fear of different beliefs (like your ignorance about pronouns). Religion is a personal aspect of our lives. One religion does not need to be involved in public schools and activities for the sake of everyone.

Nope. It's the law of nature. Boys can't be girls. And vice versa. Anything else is mental illness.
Start a new thread with a credible source and we can further discuss. I know it’s easier for you to switch topics because you have no legit argument.

And, don’t act like you weren’t a kid in school (and probably adult today) who calls kids or other people who don’t fall in your nice boxes of looking either male or female: shemale, he/she, malefe, etc. You can’t be mad because they chose to embrace what you were recognizing and calling them. You were right, you’re just inappropriate and disrespectful about it.

Last edited:
Lol. What a joke. I am the exact opposite of that group. If you would take the time to pay attention who you're talking to you would know that.
Nope. You think you're a rebel but, you're so conditioned to obey that in post 694 you argue that the parent and child should remain with the safety of the herd. You argue that those who support individual liberty are the ones who are authoritarian.

War is Peace

Freedom is Slavery

Ignorance is Strength

Start a new thread with a credible source and we can further discuss. I know it’s easier for you to switch topics because you have no legit argument.

And, don’t act like you weren’t a kid in school (and probably adult today) who calls kids or other people who don’t fall in your nice boxes of looking either male or female: shemale, he/she, malefe, etc. You can’t be mad because they chose to embrace what you were recognizing and calling them. You were right, but you were just being inappropriate about it.
You're the one that volunteered you were working on the preferred pronoun training. Nobody would have known that if you didn't share that pretending it gave you some credibility. It doesn't btw.

I am not mad in the least. I just don't participate in their mental illness.

Nope. You think you're a rebel but, you're so conditioned to obey that in post 694 you argue that the parent and child should remain with the safety of the herd. You argue that those who support individual liberty are the ones who are authoritarian.

War is Peace

Freedom is Slavery

Ignorance is Strength
Ok old man. You stay with the safety of your teachers union. Clearly they have indoctrinated you.

You're the one that volunteered you were working on the preferred pronoun training. Nobody would have known that if you didn't share that pretending it gave you some credibility. It doesn't btw.

I am not mad in the least. I just don't participate in their mental illness.
Wrong…just like most of your comments, you started off topic about sexual orientation and so on because you can’t help yourself. Oh you’re mad. In fact, you can’t help yourself as proven by your comments on this thread lol

I think most schools are up to speed on this stuff. the key is that it is "student" led and not staff led. Outside of that, if a group of students wants to pray to (fill in the blank) then it's fine. Now at some point will football team captains or seniors be banned from organizing things?? Who knows. My guess is if the head coach and staff make is crystal clear that a kid can opt out of praying, then you're fine.

Now to me these things get a little over the top because is it really faith based, or are they just putting on a show for the crowd? Do these same kids gather a pray on a random Wednesday at 7:30PM when no one is around??

Personally, I'm fine with it. There are ALOT of kids who need some faith, need to be exposed to Christian beliefs that the country was founded on. We are all about "inclusion" and "acceptance" but only when it fits our narrative.
Even as a Christian, I’d have to agree. Public School property and activities is not the appropriate place to lead a prayer.

Can I ask why you asked?
Really confused by why some folks here don’t understand basic HS science. There are more than one sex as we have intersex persons, persons with genetic mutations like XXY, other chromosomal, and genetic changes that don’t fit the XX and XY binary.

Also, there are multiple gender identities throughout Western history. All gender is is the roles your society and culture assign to the stock male and female binary. So, basically we’re playing out Victorian Era sexually repressed views on gender. You get even more variations of gender in Non Western, non Christian parts of the world - Even in the Muslim world.

All this deeper stuff aside, my question is why do so many people get their loins in a bunch over this? Because it seems “weird”? Because for some of you it may make you question your sexual orientation and identity? Its mind blowing how so many self labeled Libertarians lose their minds over this and shows the hypocrisy of these groups claiming freedom of speech, identity, and association.

It's not about being offended.

Why do you support government indoctrination and oppose religious freedom?

It's not about being offended.

Why do you support government indoctrination and oppose religious freedom?
Everyone is offended by something and it appears this topic is a prime example. Why do I support government indoctrination and oppose religious freedoms? Really, that is what you got from my post? You may not be as educated as you think you are.

I'm out and done with this thread. All of you, he, she, it, they, them, those are better versed on this subject than me. Good luck to your kids, they'll need it.

Wrong…just like most of your comments, you started off topic about sexual orientation and so on because you can’t help yourself. Oh you’re mad. In fact, you can’t help yourself as proven by your comments on this thread lol
I am mad because common sense is gone. That is true.

I learned you were working on the pronoun training after looking at the thread. If someone else got that out of you, ok, but it wasn't me.

Looks like I have succesfully ended the discusion on the prayer. Now, the reprobates have taken the thread to a different direction. It was a fun thread until now.

I am mad because common sense is gone. That is true.

I learned you were working on the pronoun training after looking at the thread. If someone else got that out of you, ok, but it wasn't me.
Based on your comments, there is nothing common about you. You are mad, scattered, and authoritative. The world is not as binary as you think…as stated many times by multiple people during this thread. Including the personal beliefe you thought chs and yourself shared…a great example of how no two people agree on everything and personal beliefs like religion should be left out of public schools.

Based on your comments, there is nothing common about you. You are mad, scattered, and authoritative. The world is not as binary as you think…as stated many times by multiple people during this thread. Including the personal beliefe you thought chs and yourself shared…a great example of how no two people agree on everything and personal beliefs like religion should be left out of public schools.
Ok Karen. Enjoy your protected life.

I can see the ambiguity of the prayer at the 50 yard line postgame, but I figured we could at least all agree that bringing in a priest for a sermon at a mandatory team dinner would be a pretty clear violation. I still suspect that some have no problem with this, right up to the point that the religion doesn’t match up with their own beliefs.

I can see the ambiguity of the prayer at the 50 yard line postgame, but I figured we could at least all agree that bringing in a priest for a sermon at a mandatory team dinner would be a pretty clear violation. I still suspect that some have no problem with this, right up to the point that the religion doesn’t match up with their own beliefs.
Those arguing there is no issue skipped right over that fact...

An important piece of information would be the contract players and parents signed. Obviously we didn't and probably won't get all relevant information. But if that is true, the parent maybe shouldn't have signed the contract, or approached the coach before the season to address this issue. Then again, maybe the parent did.... We don't know.

An important piece of information would be the contract players and parents signed. Obviously we didn't and probably won't get all relevant information. But if that is true, the parent maybe shouldn't have signed the contract, or approached the coach before the season to address this issue. Then again, maybe the parent did.... We don't know.
It is not a contract, merely a Code of Conduct. For anyone to act like any of the activites were a surprise or came out of nowhere would be totally untrue. Especially a family who has been part of the program for years and had other kids in the program as well. Everyone involved in the program knows. Kind of makes you think that the motives weren't all that altruistic now doesn't it.

Last edited:
It is not a contract, merely a Code of Conduct. For anyone to act like any of the activites were a surprise or came out of nowhere would be totally untrue. Especially a family who has been part of the program for years and had other kids in the program as well. Everyone involved in the program knows. Kind of makes you think that the motives weren't all that altruistic now doesn't it.
Kneejerk reaction here..... the kid didn't get much playing time.