Keystone, large unknown, to be state contender

The key for them is their offensive and defensive lines. They lost 4 starters on offensive line and their whole defensive line. They aren’t deep and Their JV group struggled to score points. They will have 5 guys on the field that can score at any time, but we will see if they can block or stop anyone.
If this is true, I realistically don't see a non powerhouse team in DIV competing for a state title with this kind of loss on the o and d lines. Skill can definitely make up for a lot. But once you run into the big boys come playoff time, a strong line group is a must.

Forget what I said about keystone. Scrimmage with smaller st. Paul was not good. They appear to have no decent size or strength on the line.

Forget what I said about keystone. Scrimmage with smaller st. Paul was not good. They appear to have no decent size or strength on the line.
they scrimmage another weak opponent this weak in a d6 team. They had a St. Paul team who has been good the last few years but they are d7.

I would think with the talent that they have, they would scrimmage more teams their size because they play so many smaller schools in their league schedule.

For context, Shelby was a 2020 D4 Regional Finalist that beat Lucas, another Regional Finalist (D7) 37-7 at home last year.

I respect St. Paul to be at a Regional Finalist level most years, but the D4 to D7 gap is considerable from my scant evidence I provide.

Playing a team like St. Paul in a scrimmage is very difficult. Coaches dont watch any film or gameplan and the flyers run a weird offense that most teams dont see. Other than the basics it's hard to gauge how good or bad your team meybe against a tea0m like that.

Playing a team like St. Paul in a scrimmage is very difficult. Coaches dont watch any film or gameplan and the flyers run a weird offense that most teams dont see. Other than the basics it's hard to gauge how good or bad your team meybe against a tea0m like that.
Love the tight formations.

Pataky, Rich and Moore were all 3 year starters on both sides of the ball. So you pretty much lost 6 all county guys. Olines can improve throughout the season, so let’s see if that happens.

Last edited:
After last night's beatdown at Port Clinton, just not ready for Priiiimmmmetimmme
This post was made during the summer. I don’t think anyone that saw them play realistically felt that they were contenders.Great coaching job by Grizwold this year as he moved so many guys around and maximized their talent.They were a few plays away from being a 4 or 5 win team. They return Shakelford and Rodick next year, but are going to lose 7-8 starters on both sides

This post was made during the summer. I don’t think anyone that saw them play realistically felt that they were contenders.Great coaching job by Grizwold this year as he moved so many guys around and maximized their talent.They were a few plays away from being a 4 or 5 win team. They return Shakelford and Rodick next year, but are going to lose 7-8 starters on both sides
I agree. We knew they returned elite skill talent, but they struggled this year to find line play that would be needed in the playoffs. They had a nice win over a very good Columbia team, but not enough in the tank for a run in D4.