Kettering Fairmont

So if a coach is great at one school, and isn't at another, perhaps it's your kids being puzzies that's the issue.
Not really and a cop out.
Miller didn’t build the program at Covington. As Gregg did CVille from the ground up. Miller inherited the 6th largest school in Ohio with talent. But little tradition.
Neighboring CVille doesn’t have magic water. Nor does Alter 2 miles away.

Please li
Not really and a cop out.
Miller didn’t build the program at Covington. As Gregg did CVille from the ground up. Miller inherited the 6th largest school in Ohio with talent. But little tradition.
Neighboring CVille doesn’t have magic water. Nor does Alter 2 miles away.
Please list all of the championship teams Fairmont has had recently in all sports. Basically nothing? Guess ALL of their coaches stink.

Because they’re not winning or at best are .600%
Roush standing room only, is close to 10,000. I’ve been to a few Alter CVille games with crowds like that in attendance.
School website says 6,500. I’ll trust that 3,500 aren’t standing around.

Sounds like you know more than them.

Hope you apply to be on the BOE, or apply to be on the coaching staff, or go earn your degrees/pass your tests to become a district level admin. They should be honored to have such a brilliant individual willing to take on those rolls and move the Firebirds to the top.

I’ve seen teams go from Flexbone to Empty in the same game. Passing in an area Fairmont can and should do better. Problem though is finding the right QB.
This is kind of what I'm getting at. What they're doing IMO is much closer to what "winning football" needs to look like at Fairmont than opening it up and trying to chuck it all over the field. They don't have the athletes to chuck it all over the field against the better teams in D1, and frankly, I'd argue that anybody that believes that they do is very deeply delusional.

Can they add some credibility in the passing game? Probably. They probably also need to be heavily run oriented offensively unless in a late game hole that necessitates going up tempo.

Uhhh… they beat 4 D1 schools with a combined record of 14-29.
Good wins against Winton Woods and Anderson.

They’re good but they’re not going 10-0, 9-1 in the GMC. They couldn’t even get by a .500 Mason team.
QB and leading receiver were out. They would’ve handled Mason if that hadn’t been the case. They still should’ve won anyway. Milford missed an XP and had a punt blocked for a TD. They would’ve given Moeller a much better game then Mason assuming they were healthy.

Because a school has a ton of kids assuming they should be better than what they are is the dumbest thing ever.

Miller has done a great job for the talent they have and has them competing as hard as possible nightly. Just watch them and how bought in those kids are. Fairmont does not have the most athletic kids or the biggest kids so the option has been perfect for them and brought some success. We have seen them in the spread before and it wasn’t very good

Fairmont isn’t a football school. they don’t have football kids. they have made the most with what they had. Dave Miller is a great ball coach. they are always competitive is a tough GWOC. even have had some playoff success. Fairmont is what Beavercreek wants to be.

Growing up in Kettering I was always sent to private schools (St.Als/Alter) It always did baffle me that Fairmont could never get things right with how large of a school they are. And that they were so uncompetitive for so long. As for the alter fairmont game. On paper they should win every year because of how big of a school Fairmont is. But it takes more than that to build a winning and successful program, culture tradition all that stuff. As I now have a family of my own in kettering. To me as an outsider they take more pride in their athletic facilities than they do winning. Every august I sit on that opposing side at Rosch and am amazed at how many players Fairmont has dressed. But the biggest discrepancy I see is something that was previously pointed out. Winning in D1 is way harder than winning in D1. And how hard it is to win in the GWOC. This year Centerville showed you can win the gwoc but to win the region you have to beat Springfield come postseason time. I truly don’t know if things will ever change for the firebirds. I think Miller has done a great job he has definitely turned things around from where they were. Again its really hard to win in D1 and I think that will always fi against fairmont.

Before the Fairmont merger, I believe Fairmont West was a dominate football program. Can anyone comment further?

As an outsider who has seen Fairmont play several games under both their current football and basketball coaches, I found both programs to be extremely disciplined where the sum was much more than the individual parts. Two years ago in basketball Fairmont (with one borderline Division 1 player) gave state champ Centerville (with three Division 1 players) everything they wanted in the regular season and Regional Semi Final game.

I don't know how anyone can say Miller is a "great" coach given his record at Fairmont. Yes, he turned them around from perennial losers to slight winners but that is it.

I don't know how anyone can say Miller is a "great" coach given his record at Fairmont. Yes, he turned them around from perennial losers to slight winners but that is it.
You should have seen how it was before he got there though. That ish was hard to watch.

I think you're greatly discounting how hard it is to turn around a football program at a perennial loser. It is extremely difficult.

Miller has won at least 4 games every year since going 1-9 in his first year at Fairmont in 2016, and he has won 7 games three times. From 2000-2015, Fairmont had at least 8 seasons where they went 3-7 or worse. Four winning seasons in that span; three 6-4 seasons and one 7-3 season. For a long time they weren't much better than what Beavercreek currently is.

Because a school has a ton of kids assuming they should be better than what they are is the dumbest thing ever.

Miller has done a great job for the talent they have and has them competing as hard as possible nightly. Just watch them and how bought in those kids are. Fairmont does not have the most athletic kids or the biggest kids so the option has been perfect for them and brought some success. We have seen them in the spread before and it wasn’t very good
Great job is an Overstatement.
Miller has been at Fairmont/Averagemont 7 years. I think his best is 7-3 but averaging .600. No one calls that Great. Averagemont is the Largest school in their division & 5th in the state largest.
That’s not great. It’s Slightly better than average. Miller needs to step up as does the school & AD. Go big or go home. Beating d4 Alter isn’t enough.

Last edited:
I think you're greatly discounting how hard it is to turn around a football program at a perennial loser. It is extremely difficult.

Miller has won at least 4 games every year since going 1-9 in his first year at Fairmont in 2016, and he has won 7 games three times. From 2000-2015, Fairmont had at least 8 seasons where they went 3-7 or worse. Four winning seasons in that span; three 6-4 seasons and one 7-3 season. For a long time they weren't much better than what Beavercreek currently is.
Springfield sucked too. For years.
Then they got serious about winning. Same families. Same kids. Same facilities.
But prioritize and demand winning.

You should have seen how it was before he got there though. That ish was hard to watch.
Fairmont Board & administrators accept/accepted Losing and sub par performance. 6th largest school in Ohio. No accountability. No demands. No one is pissed off enough to tell the Board they are inept. Losers and incompetent.
Miller was improvement. I’d like to see more. .600 isn’t enough.

Fairmont isn’t a football school. they don’t have football kids. they have made the most with what they had. Dave Miller is a great ball coach. they are always competitive is a tough GWOC. even have had some playoff success. Fairmont is what Beavercreek wants to be.
Nonsense. You could work for Averagemont as an Admin.

School website says 6,500. I’ll trust that 3,500 aren’t standing around.

Sounds like you know more than them.

Hope you apply to be on the BOE, or apply to be on the coaching staff, or go earn your degrees/pass your tests to become a district level admin. They should be honored to have such a brilliant individual willing to take on those rolls and move the Firebirds to the top.
Read ..they don’t charge (or didn’t before gun incident) attendance at halftime. Changed since this incident.
Crowds used to be huge with Standing room esp Vs Alter and approaching 10k. Idk more than “them” only than you, and that attendance is judged by seats and tickets, not others who are standing room.
And I’ve no desire to work for Averagemont. I only involve myself with winners. Thx for thinking of me though.

Attachments

• IMG_3462.jpeg
    IMG_3462.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited: