Kentucky Gov race results

Yorktown

So Beshear “wins” by 5,152 votes against a incumbent Repub who had a 34% approval rating...

Look at the map on CNN.. all red except for the city centers. How many votes for the Dem where found in janitor closets?

The 2020 Pres election is going to go down like 2000. It is going to be ugly. I expect the same court battles as 2000 but way more drama and 2000 had a ton of drama.
Stock up on your guns, ammo and popcorn to watch the show :)

Reminds me of the two D's in the cemetery getting names off the headstones so they could vote and the one guy says could not read the name and moved on. The other guy says go back and get the name because that person has just as much right to vote as anyone else here.

Northern KY numbers...wow.

I wonder if this had anything to with goof ball Bevin mentioning the word TOLL BOOTHS and the BRENT SPENCE BRIDGE in the same sentence?

And let's not forget that Bevin was considered the most unpopular Governor in the nation with just a 32% approval rating in July. Then Trump stepped in and lifted him to within 5,000 votes of victory.

Trump hasn't lost any of his political clout among his base. If anything he's increasing his base strength.

Here comes the excuse train. Any way you slice it this is a horrendously embarrassing loss for Republicans, although it probably speaks more to the unpopularity of Bevin than anything. I do find it funny how many "polls are fake news" types are rushing to use Bevin's weak popularity to argue he outperformed expectations.

On the positive side for Republicans, this means the Dems are probably going to piss away a ton of cash on McGrath in what undoubtedly is going to be an unsuccessful Senate run against the cocaine cowboy.

I wonder if this had anything to with goof ball Bevin mentioning the word TOLL BOOTHS and the BRENT SPENCE BRIDGE in the same sentence?

And let's not forget that Bevin was considered the most unpopular Governor in the nation with just a 32% approval rating in July. Then Trump stepped in and lifted him to within 5,000 votes of victory.

Trump hasn't lost any of his political clout among his base. If anything he's increasing his base strength.
Okay, cool. Lol.

As a state university employee in Kentucky, I thank the voters of the Commonwealth. Matt Bevin is a malicious, unlikeable boob who should look at and reevaluate the content of his character this morning rather than pursue a recount. He lost when Republicans statewide did very well.

Now, perhaps, I can keep the pension I earned. The General Assembly should now go back and re-pass the BIPARTISAN pension relief bill that was modeled after what Indiana did. Bevin, out of spite for public service employees, torpedoed that bill at the 11th hour, surprising even his own party. Seriously, EFF him.

Here comes the excuse train. Any way you slice it this is a horrendously embarrassing loss for Republicans, although it probably speaks more to the unpopularity of Bevin than anything. I do find it funny how many "polls are fake news" types are rushing to use Bevin's weak popularity to argue he outperformed expectations.

On the positive side for Republicans, this means the Dems are probably going to piss away a ton of cash on McGrath in what undoubtedly is going to be an unsuccessful Senate run against the cocaine cowboy.
LOL. With any close election, the devil is in the details. You are free to find details that support your position. Were the polls accurate before the election? Did Trump move things in a significant way towards the R? Has it been demonstrated in other elections that Trump has the ability to move voters to the R side? Did people not vote for this guy becuae Trump supported him? Did people vote for the other guy because he was a Dem?

It seems to me that if this guy was already way behind in the polls, it isn't anywhere near a "horrendously embarrassing loss for the Rs". Now if he has been way ahead and them lost, yeah it would have been.

"horrendously embarrassing loss for the Rs".

I was with you for the most part until this. Trump won by 30 in KY in 2016. Kenton County voted for Beshear over Bevin — a county that hasn't voted for a Democrat presidential nominee since 1964. It's a pretty embarrassing loss for the Rs ... moreseo for Bevin individually, but also for the Rs. And, of course, Trump will win KY in 2020.

I was with you for the most part until this. Trump won by 30 in KY in 2016. Kenton County voted for Beshear over Bevin — a county that hasn't voted for a Democrat presidential nominee since 1964. It's a pretty embarrassing loss for the Rs ... moreseo for Bevin individually, but also for the Rs. And, of course, Trump will win KY in 2020.
A bad candidate, is a bad candidate. They can only vote for who is on the ballot. Also, I understand that Rs did very well statewide, correct? If true, there is nothing remotely "horrendous" about this.

LOL. With any close election, the devil is in the details. You are free to find details that support your position. Were the polls accurate before the election? Did Trump move things in a significant way towards the R? Has it been demonstrated in other elections that Trump has the ability to move voters to the R side? Did people not vote for this guy becuae Trump supported him? Did people vote for the other guy because he was a Dem?

It seems to me that if this guy was already way behind in the polls, it isn't anywhere near a "horrendously embarrassing loss for the Rs". Now if he has been way ahead and them lost, yeah it would have been.

Republicans had a clean sweep of all other major state taxes, mostly by sizable margins. Trump rolled by a huge margin in Kentucky in 2016.

I'm not really partial to either party, but this was embarrassing, mostly for the incumbent governor, and proves that he was highly unpopular and a poor executive leader in a red state.

Speaking of spin...

Shows that the democrats in the cities are not going to sit out another election. The rural vote will be "trumped" by the big city vote.

Land doesn't vote. people do.... People live in cities. At least large numbers of people.

2 time Governor Beshear, term limited in 2015, wins his 3rd term in 2019.
in 2007 Beshear won with 58% Incumbent {R} Fletcher 41%
in 2011 Beshear won with 56% [R] Williams 35%

No Republican has ever won a second term for Gov in Ky.

All the other statewide offices were won by Republicans; including the first African American Atty General.

Shows that the democrats in the cities are not going to sit out another election.

Reading this I decided to check out the 2015 results when Bevin won. Turns out both Dems and Republicans turned out much more this year than 2015. Bevin had 511,374 in 2015 and 704,250 this year. Conway had 426,620 in 2015 and Beshear had 709,671 this year.

Reading this I decided to check out the 2015 results when Bevin won. Turns out both Dems and Republicans turned out much more this year than 2015. Bevin had 511,374 in 2015 and 704,250 this year. Conway had 426,620 in 2015 and Beshear had 709,671 this year.

Like I said. people vote... More people in cities. If you look at the map it is "bleeding" red... If you drive through that red area it is land, not people.

Polling seems to tell a different story. Trumps base has not grown and is shrinking. Since he has become President the Dems have flipped

BTW- Moscow Mitch has the same approval levels as Bevin. (in some cases they are much lower)

Do you think Moscow Mitch believes in Trump?

I'll believe that captain turtle is at risk of getting voted out of office when it actually happens.

Odds are Democrats are going to spend huge money like they did on Beto in Texas against Cruz in a moral victory losing effort.

IF GOP is spending money to defend KY they are in big trouble. I will be sure to put Yappi in the memo when I write my check to Amy McGrath..

Polling seems to tell a different story. Trumps base has not grown and is shrinking. Since he has become President the Dems have flipped

BTW- Moscow Mitch has the same approval levels as Bevin. (in some cases they are much lower)

Do you think Moscow Mitch believes in Trump?

Last election in 2014, McConnel had 37% approval , he won by 15 points.

McGrath in a swing district, outspent the Republican $8.3mill to $5.6mil in 2018[ 10th highest spending among all congressional districts in 2018] McGrath barely lost. 51-48%

Last edited: