KARMA ~ real or not

ohiopup

Do you believe in KARMA - I do....
I've seen examples of it.
My problem is; I'm trying to figure out what I did
that warrant's the CRAP that I'm getting now!

:>---

SALT

No. People have both good and bad things happen to them all the time, whether they do good things or bad things. It's just a matter of time and waiting. Unless it's a direct cause-effect (action-consequence), it's just coincidence.

Yes. I believe you get back from the world what you put out. If you're a good/kind person you'll generally receive the same back from others.

Here is the problem with Karma - I've lived long enough to see horrible human beings prosper and experience all of the comforts of life AND I have seen the purest and best souls struggle almost continuously. So, there is that.

OTOH, I had a strong-willed son who made our relationship a rolling argument for 18 years. More than once I had to grab my wrist to keep myself from choking him to death because he was incapable/unwilling to, even once, shut his piehole and do as he was told. He was an exhausting child to raise.

Several times I told him when he was driving me nuts that some day he was going to have one just like him and I was going to sit back and laugh at him. Well, she came along in 2014 and he occasionally calls to complain about her war against her parents, and then I take great joy in telling him that there is zero sympathy for him on my end.

Is that karma? I always explained it to him this way: "There is a God, He sees all, He is just, and you reap what you sow."

But when you see bad people blessed and good people suffer, the concept of an ultimate accounting is important. Someone asked, "What good does it do for someone to gain the whole world, but lose their own soul."

Off topic a little but I have a funny Jon Rahm story.

A buddy and I were at the final round of the last WCG at Firestone a few years ago. We meandered around and eventually found ourselves behind the tee at 16. We were the only fans there because everyone was following Justin Thomas who was leading and going to win and was over at 15.

If you can fly the ball 290-300 over the hill on 16, the ball rolls down to within 90 yards of the green on the Par 4. So we watched several groups tee off there and try to get over the hill.

Rahm and Ricky Fowler walked up to the tee and headed over to a couple of pine trees with low hanging branches. Fowler emerged first, followed by Rahm with a big wet spot on his pants. He tells Fowler, "You're not going to believe this, but I just pissed all over myself." Ricky went down on his knees and rolled around on the tee laughing.

File that under "Things you dont see on televised golf tournaments".

Jon went over to the ice box and worked quite hard with a bottle of water and a rag to rectify his situation. Lol.

Kinda like what goes around, comes around? Yes, indeed!

Ohiopup, I agree, it's coming around and I would like to know why. How can I fix it, maybe it's too late?

Karma 1...
September 1981: Bought a new custom Ford Van... on my way to close paper work for insurance.
North bound on Cleveland Ave. riding a 1982 Honda 400 Custom motorcycle (900+ miles on it).
Driver South bound on Cleveland Ave makes a left turn in front of me, I T-bone the car just behind
the right rear wheel well, tore up the 'bike pretty bad, I get some serious road rash, Helmet saves
my brain and good looks; no broken bones but some serious road-rash and contusions. I want the
bike and riding gear replaced. Insurance adjuster refuses to make good...
Their claim; the bike is used: My claim: replace it with the same year, make, model: Their claim
it's too new there aren't any out there to be found.

Karma part: with-in a month the adjuster is involved in an a auto accident and is killed.

The company eventually settled on my terms.

SALT

Last edited:
Karma 1...
September 1981: Bought a new custom Ford Van... on my way to close paper work for insurance.
North bound on Cleveland Ave. riding a 1982 Honda 400 Custom motorcycle (900+ miles on it).
Driver South bound on Cleveland Ave makes a left turn in front of me, I T-bone the car just behind
the right rear wheel well, tore up the 'bike pretty bad, I get some serious road rash, Helmet saves
my brain and good looks
; no broken bones but some serious road-rash and contusions. I wont the
bike and riding gear replaced. Insurance adjuster refuses to make good...
Their claim; the bike is used: My claim: replace it with the same year, make, model: Their claim
it's too new there aren't any out there to be found.

Karma part: with-in a month the adjuster is involved in an a auto accident and is killed.

The company eventually settled on my terms.

SALT
I call bs! ?

Coincidence not Karma.

My mom was diagnosed with cancer in 1995. She tried chemotherapy but was unable to stop cancer.

She heard about a Doctor in Germany that treated her type of cancer with diet and a few other natural remedies. So she flew to Germany and saw the doctor. He regretted that she had not came earlier and sent her home to die. Told her to get her loose ends and affairs of life in order as the end of life was near.

She arrived home in March and no bill came from the doctor's office. Dad called them in June and they said the office was no longer in operation, the doctor had died of a heart attack a couple days after seeing my mom. The doctor was the one who most urgently needed to get his affairs in order.

Mom lived almost a year longer than the doctor.