Juneteenth Celebrations Anyone?

my2sense

Kinda surprised no one from either end of the spectrum on here brought up the national holiday observance of "Juneteenth". Is it that much of a nothing burger?

Kinda surprised no one from either end of the spectrum on here brought up the national holiday observance of "Juneteenth". Is it that much of a nothing burger?
wasn't this FED holiday basically done for that wonderful person George Floyd?

We really did need a holiday in June , and one to honor those responsible for ending slavery long ago.....the white man .

Ling Live and all hail whitey!

My observance was spent on the lake.....Juneteenth baby¡!!!

They were not very smart putting it up against fathers day. Sons everywhere heaped honor on their fathers and there was little time to think about an event that ended 160 years ago. Airlines apparently were not ready for the new holiday as they were short of personnel for the day and many June teeth celebrators were stranded at the airport by the man.

I celebrated the same way I celebrate Veteran's Day (which I get off as well) - a whole lot of nothing. It was glorious :)

I celebrated the same way I celebrate Veteran's Day (which I get off as well) - a whole lot of nothing. It was glorious :)
My employer is pretty much woke. Surprised they haven’t jumped on the June thingy train yet. The mandatory article was on the employee website but no day off this year.

They were not very smart putting it up against fathers day. Sons everywhere heaped honor on their fathers and there was little time to think about an event that ended 160 years ago. Airlines apparently were not ready for the new holiday as they were short of personnel for the day and many June teeth celebrators were stranded at the airport by the man.
Few families will be celebrating both.