Jonathan Alder Coaching Search

If JA wants the HC in the building you can probably take the older Cutler and Crager off the rumor list.

If JA wants the HC in the building you can probably take the older Cutler and Crager off the rumor list.
Great point. Just not sure where they stand with what they want. If they don't expect HC in the building, could be wide open as to who wants/gets it.

It also depends on what teaching opening will need filling. Not many smaller schools create positions for coaches.

Is there a timeline for the process to be over? It's getting late in the school year. Have any of the assistant coaches been running the offseason program?

Are they trying to hire an AD and then start the HC search, even though the position is open for applicants? Or is the Principal in the process of hiring a HC without an actual AD in place? Anyone know?

Are they trying to hire an AD and then start the HC search, even though the position is open for applicants? Or is the Principal in the process of hiring a HC without an actual AD in place? Anyone know?
AD hired and then rope that person into the coaching search/interview process

Ben Logan AD hired at board meeting

Attachments

• FD6E0D64-75B1-4F26-8B3E-52AF74414018.png
    FD6E0D64-75B1-4F26-8B3E-52AF74414018.png
    421.2 KB · Views: 71
Time to hire a football coach. This should be interesting although I assume it's Kyle Cutler.

I'm sure most outside of London assume the same. Coach Cutler has done a great job at London... he would be a great choice. Why wouldn't he be interested?

Based on the board meeting comments from the principal, the search for football coach will start to ramp up now and could start interviewing next week. I believe they have filtered it down to 30 possible candidates. From that pool they will decide who to interview.

I'm not familiar with how smaller schools work but how come they do what schools like Massillon or McKinley do with making the HC the AD as well?

Other issue I see with AD being the HC is for schools that require Admin coverage at all sporting events. It puts an undue burden on other admin when the AD is unable to attend other sporting events because of their own sport's practices and games.
I could understand that but tbh with you Massillon HC actually attends alot of the other sporting events witch I understand might be difficult for other coaches/ADs to do so I could see why they keep them separate

Other issue I see with AD being the HC is for schools that require Admin coverage at all sporting events. It puts an undue burden on other admin when the AD is unable to attend other sporting events because of their own sport's practices and games.
There are a few exceptions, but for the most part it's the smaller schools that allow this to happen due to budget concerns.

Tried gathering info on interviews, and not much being said. Sounds like nobody is talking and it will not get out.

Here's the names from yesterday, not sure if these are truly the final 4 or not but this is who met with the panel.

Morgan Cotter
Joel Cutler
Shawn Hinkle
Mark Wilson

If anyone has any insight on Wilson, I would be interested to hear, not sure where he's coached in Ohio

Here's the names from yesterday, not sure if these are truly the final 4 or not but this is who met with the panel.

Morgan Cotter
Joel Cutler
Shawn Hinkle
Mark Wilson

If anyone has any insight on Wilson, I would be interested to hear, not sure where he's coached in Ohio
Oh wow. Shawn Hinkle hasn't coached in a while. I would think it comes down to Cutler and Cotter.

Morgan Cotter
Joel Cutler
Shawn Hinkle
Mark Wilson

Would assume it's Cutlers if he wants it.