Jersey Flyer, welcome to the “Big Time”

SHould we assume the Twitter account for PGL that is still challenging the reality of BS was Jersey Flyer on here?

Screenshot_20210901-181755_Opera.jpg

SHould we assume the Twitter account for PGL that is still challenging the reality of BS was Jersey Flyer on here?
It’s absolutely is- Joe Maimone runs both. Talks the exact same and both accounts claim to have visited BS in July traveling from New Jersey

It’s absolutely is- Joe Maimone runs both. Talks the exact same and both accounts claim to have visited BS in July traveling from New Jersey
Isn't Joe the guy that was married to that Teresa gal on that "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" reality show-- who went to jail for some kind of scam-- then got out and she divorced him?

Actually I have some respect for Hoban. Midweek of the Hoban BS game. BS had like 15 players. They were apprehensive about playing the game due to BS lack of numbers. That’s when someone not making a dime off of this mentioned $25,000 and lawsuit. They’ve kept their mouth shut so far

I saw the Hoban coach quoted somewhere, but I’ve read so many articles I forget where.

I saw the Hoban coach quoted somewhere, but I’ve read so many articles I forget where.
He was quoted in the Beacon after the game complimenting them for making the trip and lauding them for what they were doing with the kids. It came off as a little bit ignorant and self-serving.

He was quoted in the Beacon after the game complimenting them for making the trip and lauding them for what they were doing with the kids. It came off as a little bit ignorant and self-serving.
I think there is a lot of self-serving commentary going on here. IMO it's a little sad and more than a little hypocritical for ESPN and Paragon to be falling all over themselves claiming they had no idea that BS was, in every conceivable way, BS! They may not have been actively part of the fraud like Richardson and Johnson, or even Jersey Joe and PGL, but they knew or should have known that BS was illegitimate. How many red flag do you need!?! The same thing goes, albeit to a lesser extent, to the schools who scheduled these charlatans. After the debacle that was COF, after the charade BS played out last season, how could anyone be "duped" into believing this wasn't just a mercenary organization? And now that the curtain has finally been pulled off exposing this for the fraud that it is, I find it amusing that everyone is jockeying for position to point the finger of blame at someone else. Certainly BS and its promoters are the most culpable in this mess, but there is egg left on the collective faces of all who bought into this. And to have all these entities rushing to claim "We had no idea BS wasn't legitimate!" It reminds me of the scene from Casablanca where Captain Renault proclaims "I am shocked to learn there is gambling going on in this establishment!" as he pockets his winnings...

Last edited:

It was definitely in one of these retrospective articles this week (hard to keep track), but it was in a similar tone, complementary of helping the kids but also admitted skepticism beforehand

Here's the quote from the Beacon from Hoban Coach Tyrrell-
"We had zero film, so we knew nothing about anybody," Tyrrell said. "They gave us a roster, and half the kids are from California. ... It is really hard to coach [against them]. Their coaching staff does a great job. They are doing it for the right reasons, and that is why we played them because I want to help them out. They are trying to give kids a chance. They are trying to give kids a second chance to get to college, which I like."

I think at the root of it, programs that give HS kids an opportunity to play football that they might not have otherwise, like home schoolers for instance, is great. Landmark and Columbus Crusaders have done it nicely for years. But they don't lie, they abide by the age limits, and they are doing what they set out to do. BS has proven to be so full of BS, it is frustrating. I feel for the kids, but if they are in on the "pretend you are a high schooler" charade, then I do not feel sorry for them.

As for schools that scheduled them, I have no problem with that. I'd rather my school did not. I thought St. Edward scheduled them in 2020 only because of lack of in-state opportunity as schools quickly shifted to conference only games. So to find them on for 2nd time in 2021 was disappointing, but I have no real beef with it. I've maintained on this site for 20 years that Bye weeks stink. Always thought the kids deserved 10 games. And even if 19 or 20 years old, there did not appear to be any physical danger in playing them.

I think at the root of it, programs that give HS kids an opportunity to play football that they might not have otherwise, like home schoolers for instance, is great. Landmark and Columbus Crusaders have done it nicely for years. But they don't lie, they abide by the age limits, and they are doing what they set out to do. BS has proven to be so full of BS, it is frustrating. I feel for the kids, but if they are in on the "pretend you are a high schooler" charade, then I do not feel sorry for them.

As for schools that scheduled them, I have no problem with that. I'd rather my school did not. I thought St. Edward scheduled them in 2020 only because of lack of in-state opportunity as schools quickly shifted to conference only games. So to find them on for 2nd time in 2021 was disappointing, but I have no real beef with it. I've maintained on this site for 20 years that Bye weeks stink. Always thought the kids deserved 10 games. And even if 19 or 20 years old, there did not appear to be any physical danger in playing them.
Well stated EagleFan, but I would argue that when a top notch program plays them, without doing their due diligence, they implicitly validate the program. It is certainly tough to schedule when you are a top program but at the same time does a mid-season scrimmage and the controversy that comes with it do you much good?

Also, did you see the man mountain that played QB for them last year?!