Jackson Baseball

Is Kevin Miller out as coach at Jackson? I heard some rumbles from parents that he played freshmen this year over seniors. I talked to someone this weekend that is very familiar with Federal League baseball and he though Miller was out.

If he played Freshman over Seniors, that means the Freshman were probably better. I don't know if he did or not, I'm just saying. His record speaks for itself. If the word on the street is true, and it was the parents of Jackson that forced him out, then shame on the parents and shame on whoever is running things over there. If all this is true, you are loosing a very good baseball coach.

Ssbl

Did that article honestly mention 7th and 8th grade SSBL titles. Speaks of desparation to me. That 9th grade class just got a little weaker when Miller's kid goes with his dad to his next job.

All levels of Jackson Baseball are in a much better place now. I'm sure the 9th grade class will survive just fine and the entire High School program will thrive. Addition by subtraction with alot less ego to stand in the way.

Did that article honestly mention 7th and 8th grade SSBL titles. Speaks of desparation to me. That 9th grade class just got a little weaker when Miller's kid goes with his dad to his next job.

Yes. They said Baseball should stop forever in Jackson because his kid isn't there. That is probably a part of the reason he isn't back. That narcisstic type of attitude. Kids come and go ,the program goes on his kid was no more special ,or important than any other. Unless you are drinking the Kool-Aide . I am sure the whole High School program will be better off without either one.:party:

Yes. They said Baseball should stop forever in Jackson because his kid isn't there. That is probably a part of the reason he isn't back. That narcisstic type of attitude. Kids come and go ,the program goes on his kid was no more special ,or important than any other. Unless you are drinking the Kool-Aide . I am sure the whole High School program will be better off without either one.:party:

So, your son was his son's backup or will be this coming year as a freshmen starts over an upperclassmen? Sure, the program "will be better off" averaging 7 wins a year with your little Johnny getting the nod as opposed to the 21 wins (average) Kevin garnered with THE BEST KIDS PLAYING (with no D-1's, mind you, to carry you come tourney time). You and your board member friend should be ashamed for chasing away, arguably, the best coach to ever serve JHS. It is not a fun or enjoyable job to tell the parents of little Johnny that he is not the star mommy and daddy think/thought he was, but it is the coaches job nonetheless. Jackson baseball has become the premiere program in Stark County since Coach Miller took over - look for them to QUICKLY return to mediocrity with the patients running the asylum. This prediction with possibly the best returning talent. By the way, his son is a 4-year starter in ANY program in the area - with or without Kevin as coach.

Last edited:
Pretty pathetic by the jackson parents. It amazes me these days how parents just want their kid to play and be a star instead of the TEAM winning. Not all kids are stars but all parents think they are.Miller won games and was a great coach, to bad parents arent realistic.

I see we are gambling on a Gamble! Ya know the kid of the man that has NEVER won a DISTRICT title. I am aware that Miller had his faults and I have no idea what Kevin was doing last year near the end of the season but overall he was a good coach. I hope Gamble's kid is better come tourney time than his dad was. This is not the worst hire ever all kidding aside but until he runs the program only time will tell if it was a good hire. These people hired basketball coach and that was a good thing. They hired the football coach and at the moment ( this might change but it better change quickly) was an awful choice. We will see where Gamble falls in as I well watch my usual 10 to 20 games next spring. I have no kid in the program or even in school and no axe to grind with anyone. I do think the under class men that played over the older kids were flat out better by the way.

I see we are gambling on a Gamble! Ya know the kid of the man that has NEVER won a DISTRICT title. I am aware that Miller had his faults and I have no idea what Kevin was doing last year near the end of the season but overall he was a good coach. I hope Gamble's kid is better come tourney time than his dad was. This is not the worst hire ever all kidding aside but until he runs the program only time will tell if it was a good hire. These people hired basketball coach and that was a good thing. They hired the football coach and at the moment ( this might change but it better change quickly) was an awful choice. We will see where Gamble falls in as I well watch my usual 10 to 20 games next spring. I have no kid in the program or even in school and no axe to grind with anyone. I do think the under class men that played over the older kids were flat out better by the way.

"They hired the football coach and at the moment, was an awful choice"
REALLY? Coach Balderson was a proven winner at the programs he was at before Jax. Somehow i dont think it has much to do with the coach as much as it does the kids and their PARENTS.... Jackson had who was arguably one of the best High School football coaches in the modern era(Thom McDaniels) and the Jackson faithful ran him out.... Excuse me he "retired".. BS! He didnt want to deal w/ "mediocre at best" athletes whose parents pumped them up all their lives to believe they were All-Ohio caliber players. And parents that as soon as little johnny wasnt getting enough playing time or one of the coaches yelled at him, mommy & daddy started making phone calls.... Jackson went 0-10 last year not because of coaching but because of a bunch of not very talented kids that had perceptions they were all-world and had the attitudes and egos to boot....

"They hired the football coach and at the moment, was an awful choice"
REALLY? Coach Balderson was a proven winner at the programs he was at before Jax. Somehow i dont think it has much to do with the coach as much as it does the kids and their PARENTS.... Jackson had who was arguably one of the best High School football coaches in the modern era(Thom McDaniels) and the Jackson faithful ran him out.... Excuse me he "retired".. BS! He didnt want to deal w/ "mediocre at best" athletes whose parents pumped them up all their lives to believe they were All-Ohio caliber players. And parents that as soon as little johnny wasnt getting enough playing time or one of the coaches yelled at him, mommy & daddy started making phone calls.... Jackson went 0-10 last year not because of coaching but because of a bunch of not very talented kids that had perceptions they were all-world and had the attitudes and egos to boot....

Wow take a breath there buddy. It is high school sports not the NFL.♠

Kevin Miller has recieved too much credit for Jackson's success in baseball as Coach Baulderson is getting too much blame for football not having as much success. Coaching success at any level or sport is influenced more by the Jimmie's and the Joe's than the X's and O's.