3. Malvern
4. Tusky Valley
5. Sandy Valley
6. Garaway
7. Ridgewood
8. Newcomerstown
9. Conotton Valley

Last edited:

Very impressed with Malvern at Top Gun. Surprised claymont is #2 when they finished 31st? 3rd/4th will even be a tossup between TV and claymont

Team scores
Indian Valley 181.5
Tusky Valley 147
Claymont 121.5
Malvern 112
Sandy Valley 86.5
Ridgewood 62
Newcomerstown 49
Garaway 42
Conotton Valley 0

congrats to former Stang Jason Johnson on COY honors and to Clear from Malvern for wrestler of the year

lots more to discuss but I’ll let someone else get that ball rolling.

I hope the wrestler from Sandy Valley is healthy and he is able to go forward in the post season. The wrestler from Claymont was DQ’ed, and deservedly so. He will face the consequences of forfeiting his post season..I hope he learns from this and goes forward a better student athlete. The part I found most disturbing was the behavior of some of the adult Claymont fans. There were some applauding this wrestlers actions. As a Claymont alum I find this extremely disappointing. To root for the injury of a high school kid is despicable and has no place in high school athletics.

Last edited:
I hope the wrestler from Sandy Valley is healthy and he is able to go forward in the post season. The wrestler from Claymont was DQ’ed, and deservedly so. He will face the consequences of forfeiting his post season..I hope he learns from this and goes forward a better student athlete. The part I found most disturbing was the behavior of some of the adult Claymont fans. There were some applauding this wrestlers actions. As a Claymont alum I find this extremely disappointing. To root for the injury of a high school kid is despicable and has no place in high school athletics.
Well said Tartan, I couldnt agree more. I am not going to speculate on whether or not there was bad blood between the wresters. However, i have seen the Claymont wrestler compete many times over the last couple of years and the behavior seemed very uncharacteristic of how he has wrestled in the past. IMHO

Well said Tartan, I couldnt agree more. I am not going to speculate on whether or not there was bad blood between the wresters. However, i have seen the Claymont wrestler compete many times over the last couple of years and the behavior seemed very uncharacteristic of how he has wrestled in the past. IMHO
Seemed like there was some animosity between both coaching staffs too.

100% out of character. Not sure what spurred it but it was an ugly seen. Hope the SV wrestler is good for sectionals and the Claymont wrestler learns his lesson and is better for it in the long run. He's a good kid that made a big mistake. Fans from both sides needed to be better. But its wrestling and emotions run high. I certainly have regrets on how I've responded in the heat of the moment in the past. Good luck to both teams going forward.

100% out of character. Not sure what spurred it but it was an ugly seen. Hope the SV wrestler is good for sectionals and the Claymont wrestler learns his lesson and is better for it in the long run. He's a good kid that made a big mistake. Fans from both sides needed to be better. But its wrestling and emotions run high. I certainly have regrets on how I've responded in the heat of the moment in the past. Good luck to both teams going forward.
Well said. Fortunately several coaches and adults from other schools stepped in and prevented the situation from escalating even further.

It is a bad look for the IVC and an even worse look for Claymont. Honestly, the kid is a kid and they make mistakes. The fans cheering after the kid slammed the young man on the floor, horrendous! Who does that? One man was pounding his chest egging on fans from the other team after the incident. Be better! Just another sad day for claymont wrestling.

It is a bad look for the IVC and an even worse look for Claymont. Honestly, the kid is a kid and they make mistakes. The fans cheering after the kid slammed the young man on the floor, horrendous! Who does that? One man was pounding his chest egging on fans from the other team after the incident. Be better! Just another sad day for claymont wrestling.
SV or any fans coming out of the stands. Kids will be Kids Silliness will happen. Parents and or just Fans (Adults) coming out of the stands is horrendous and a bad look on not only the school they represent but the sport we promote!!!

In terms of the actual tournament. Congrats to Dusty and company on another title. Looks like they did so without a big scorer in Meese, hopefully he is healthy by next weekend. Tusky Valley was very impressive, Jason has made some real nice additions to his staff over the past few years. Claymont, young, talented staff that will learn and grow from yesterday. Brighter days ahead, the boys will earn them pinstripes back.

individually speaking thought the 175 for Malvern had a great tournament.

What happened during that match?

What happened during that match?
Claymonts 113 picked up Sandy Valleys 113 after the whistle had blown and slammed him on his head onto the hardwood floor. Pretty egregious. Claymont wrestler was DQed from the tourney. Then all hell ensued. SV coaches yelling at the Claymont kid, Some Claymont fans cheering that the SV wrestler got slammed…middle fingers, SV parents going after Claymont coaches…they stopped the tournament to have a coaches meeting.

In terms of the actual tournament. Congrats to Dusty and company on another title. Looks like they did so without a big scorer in Meese, hopefully he is healthy by next weekend. Tusky Valley was very impressive, Jason has made some real nice additions to his staff over the past few years. Claymont, young, talented staff that will learn and grow from yesterday. Brighter days ahead, the boys will earn them pinstripes back.

individually speaking thought the 175 for Malvern had a great tournament.
I believe you mean Malvern 157? If so yes, big win in the finals.