IVC 2023

Which IVC Team will be the first to win a state title?

• Garaway

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Ridgewood

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Indian Valley

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Claymont

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Sandy Valley

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Tusky Valley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Malvern

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • East Canton

• Buckeye Trail

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • TCC

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Strasburg

• Newcomerstown

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Nobody - It will never happen

Votes: 46 48.9%

• Total voters
Buckeye Trail 6-23
Claymont 4-15
East Canton 7-25
Garaway 6-23
Indian Valley 4-15
Malvern 7-25
Newcomerstown 6-23
Ridgewood 5-17
Sandy Valley 5-17
Strasburg 7-25
Tusky Valley 6-23
TCC 7-25

Division and region

3 schools already?
Yeah I don't think I would read too much into that. I think the kid just wanted to play QB and that wasn't going to happen at Dalton and the family has comfort with several members of the Garaway staff because of the TV connection so it's a logical place to go. I don't really know the kid but the family is a great family. At the end of the day, this is going to be good for the kid, his family and Garaway. I guess it stinks for Dalton because you lose a starting DB but that's the world in 2023.

yes, he is a great kid - I don’t agree with moving schools because you want to play a position (he would have had a shot at Qb his senior year, but the dawgs do have an upcoming freshman with loads of potential, so maybe that factored in too), but that is neither here nor there, I wish him well.

Buckeye Trail 6-23
Claymont 4-15
East Canton 7-25
Garaway 6-23
Indian Valley 4-15
Malvern 7-25
Newcomerstown 6-23
Ridgewood 5-17
Sandy Valley 5-17
Strasburg 7-25
Tusky Valley 6-23
TCC 7-25

Division and region
You know, considering where Newcomerstown football was over the last 10-15 years I am not going to complain. I am just going to be excited to go to Lee Stadium on Friday night's with the idea they are going to win but it's going to be hard for them to have ANY success in the DVI playoffs when you play the abysmal teams you play in the North and then having a weak non-conference schedule.

Honest question, not trolling, would Garaway even be competitive in football or basketball without transfers?
Yes we have we made the playoffs 2x without a single transfer. Their us just jealous fairy's on here that has a problem good programs get transfers all the time. The ones who are whining are mad because they can't get any transfers to their school. Lol

Honest question, not trolling, would Garaway even be competitive in football or basketball without transfers?
Competitive? Sure. League champions the last few years? I don't see it. In recent times the transfer portal and move ins have been huge for Garaway. You can decide if that's good or bad but it's pretty undeniable that Garaway wouldn't be near the same quality they have been the last few years without getting kids from other schools.

Competitive? Sure. League champions the last few years? I don't see it. In recent times the transfer portal and move ins have been huge for Garaway. You can decide if that's good or bad but it's pretty undeniable that Garaway wouldn't be near the same quality they have been the last few years without getting kids from other schools.
But you have to have a good program to bring in kids. I'll admit yes the transfers has helped us alot but imo that's great for the program as we drawl in players who want to succeed. And who knows about league champion thing I mean we lost a lot I mean alot of games to Ridgewood by less than a TD for the IVC crown multiple years.

But you have to have a good program to bring in kids. I'll admit yes the transfers has helped us alot but imo that's great for the program as we drawl in players who want to succeed. And who knows about league champion thing I mean we lost a lot I mean alot of games to Ridgewood by less than a TD for the IVC crown multiple years.
True but it's not like Garaway was some great program before all of the transfers started coming. Solid for sure but how many seasons did Garaway win 8 or more games before they started getting all of he transfers? Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like Garaway was usually a 6-4, 7-3 type team, The transfers have really put them over the top and I don't think it was the quality of the Garaway program that attracted their best players.

Since 2013 , they (garaway) have only had 3 seasons with less than 8 wins. When did the transfers start? I’ll admit I didn’t know much about them or the ivc outside of malvern before this past season. But when they throttled Carrollton, I started following them more.

Since 2013 , they (garaway) have only had 3 seasons with less than 8 wins. When did the transfers start? I’ll admit I didn’t know much about them or the ivc outside of malvern before this past season. But when they throttled Carrollton, I started following them more.
Carrollton had 7 regular season wins 3 of Carrolltons regular season opponents failed to win a game.
Another one of their opponents had 1 win and another opponent finished the season with 2 wins.
Was Carrollton the best team on garaways schedule or the largest ? They are division 4 had 7 wins and finished 15th in there region