IUDOGS: 2022 - 2023 Ohio High School Head Football Coaching Changes

Cortland Lakeview. D5 is open
Screenshot_20221206-200844~2.png

Sidney is filled and Graham is open. Dave Taynor is the new coach for the Yellow Jackets.

That means St Paris Graham is open

That means St Paris Graham is open
He replaces Adam Doenges who has Masters Degree and had stipend for Coaching

1670466112810.png

Mr Taynor is not listed in the database as employed by St Paris Graham but 2019 is the latest data available.

He replaces Adam Doenges who has Masters Degree and had stipend for Coaching

View attachment 37054

Mr Taynor is not listed in the database as employed by St Paris Graham but 2019 is the latest data avavailable
Why does salary and degree level of former coach matter in regards to who filled it? I'm asking out of genuine curiosity and not to be a smart ***

Why does salary and degree level of former coach matter in regards to who filled it? I'm asking out of genuine curiosity and not to be a smart ***
just for whoever may be interested in the information.

if the subject is of any interest in the first place, which in my opinion it is not. but since other people think it is, the details of the opening seem relevant.

John Gillum is the new head football coach at Plymouth High School.
probably an increase in stipend. next stop: Ohio State?

1670509550481.png

he's in the big time! what offense will he run? Houston Veer? the spread?

What is the mascot? The Pilgrims? Nah turns out it's the Big Red! this Viking looking scoundrel. What an honor to be the Mascot! This is what High School football is really all about.
1670509998653.png

new coach has some work to do, but he will uphold the proud tradition of Plymouth Big Red Football, and he seems like a wonderful individual, member of Ohio Air National Guard and member of Volunteer Fire Dept.

1670511133681.png

I highly doubt that Plymouth has any aspirations for an OHSAA Title. But they will still show up.

After all, its all about the educational value of the activity, not about winning Championships.

Last edited:
It's already in the Dispatch.
Yea mine was from 2.5 weeks ago. Some guy got all worked up that I said it.

Just didn't want to give any sources. Interested if new AD Lisa Morelli will give the job to Jake Kuhner or where they will go with this job. Lot of talent year in and year out. Will be interesting

Just didn't want to give any sources. Interested if new AD Lisa Morelli will give the job to Jake Kuhner or where they will go with this job. Lot of talent year in and year out. Will be interesting
I think she would be crazy to even consider this. Has not been very successful anywhere and look what is happening at Watkins Memorial now that he is gone. I would be surprised if they didn’t go internal.

I think she would be crazy to even consider this. Has not been very successful anywhere and look what is happening at Watkins Memorial now that he is gone. I would be surprised if they didn’t go internal.
does an AD (an "Other Administrator) have the authority to hire another "other administrator"?

Hahaha…yeah, Kuhner🤣

PC has a stable of coaches (and former HC’s) on their staff. I’m sure they’d start there.

Jake kuhner!? Nothing like failing up

PC will get the most applicants we have ever seen. This job will most likely gain National attention. And if you think that is crazy, they have been ranked nationally a lot of times, and been on ESPN a handful of times. Just my opinion.

Head Football Coach
Newark Catholic High School (D-VII, Licking County League).
Candidates with experience as a Head Coach or Assistant Coach at the High School or Collegiate level are preferred. Must possess a demonstrated record of success, strong communication skills, and the ability to engage a wide variety of key stakeholders to our program. Must have or be able to pass a background check and obtain all required certifications, and a valid Pupil Activity Permit. Teaching/Administrative positions in the building are available. All applicants should send a Letter of Interest and Resume with 3-5 references to Athletic Director Travis Schwab at tschwab@newarkcatholic.org. Applications will be accepted until Friday Jan. 6th.