Investing thread for DR, $, ep, Bluth, main event, OBCF and others

Icahn sells out of ttwo causing it to take a hit.

Kinda interesting case to look at because ttwo actually bought back icahn's shares.

Of course, Icahn is a legend and when he sells that is seen as very bearish. Usually when he sells the company isn't the one buying the shares.

Between this and Netflix I think it is very clear Icahn thinks this market is overvalued and he is building up his stacks to go on a spending spree when it comes crashing down.

Good short term opportunity on ttwo here.. Icahn selling should be a negative sign but I guarantee people will overreact and not consider what the share buyback does to the value of the stock. Worth watching.

Good time to sell. It did about what I expected, but long term I don't see it coming back. They're selling things dirt cheap

Bcf hates investing! Leave him and his jorts out of this. I wonder if nd2000 ever sold all his possessions like he said he would and bought gold.

Gold is simply one of the most volatile investments that exist. You can make a lot of money, but only if you buy at the right time AND sell at the right time. Just like any stock. Anyone who thinks gold = safety is simply ignorant or insane.

Of course I do

Him and smooth_kw used to be hilarious on the Reds threads. Constant negativity 100% of the time. And Tree of Knowledge

At the end of the day, gold and silver are just like any stock. No safer and no better chance of making more money than on other investments.

I'm sure nd made a killing and if he were posting he'd tell us all that.

Btw, interesting article about Buffett basically winning a $1M bet he made with a hedge fund group that an index fund would outperform any hedge fund they chose over a 10 year period. Why anyone would make a financial bet with Buffett is a mystery to me.

http://fortune.com/2016/05/11/warren-buffett-hedge-fund-bet/

Thanks for sharing the article, ep. Interesting and not surprising to me.

At the end of the day, gold and silver are just like any stock. No safer and no better chance of making more money than on other investments.

Well, at least with stocks you can evaluate financials/cash flow/earning, executive team, and business model relative to stock price. Gold is just a commodity that is impossible to predict price movement on any consistent basis; it's a pure gamble/speculative play.

Yeah, I'd say information available for an individual company is much more useful to predict future price than any information regarding gold. It's just a dumb place to invest IMO, at least for any even remotely significant part of your portfolio.