Immigration Data and FJB

Shared a chart that shows him leaving office about a year early, and conveniently takes credit for a valley low in illegal immigration around March/April 2020 that probably had to do with that COVID thing bringing the movement of people globally to a standstill lol.

Things are definitely a mess presently in regards to illegal immigration relative to his presidency, but lol at this chart.

From the dating inaccuracies, to the header at the top claiming "many from prisons and mental institutions, and terrorists", trying to sensationalize a crisis that needs fixed.

We should all be wary of charts and stats provided by political actors.

However, it does represent my perception of a truth: that illegal immigration has exploded under Biden. Seems like that could be represented in a chart with accuracy, but this is Orange Man.
Eh, sorry. I’m going to be wary of any graphic that has the POTUS leaving office in March of 2020. But I know the true believers eat this stuff up.

That aside, illegal immigration is clearly an issue. You won’t get an argument from me there. But my lol on this hilarious chart still stands. :ROFLMAO:

Eh, sorry. I’m going to be wary of any graphic that has the POTUS leaving office in March of 2020. But I know the true believers eat this stuff up.

That aside, illegal immigration is clearly an issue. You won’t get an argument from me there. But my lol on this hilarious chart still stands. :ROFLMAO:
A chart is either accurate or it isn't, and when it is inaccurate, any truth you are trying to demonstrate loses credibility and gives your opponents the chance to distract away from the point you are trying to make.

Trump was probably sick the day they taught chart interpretation at his elite military prep school. Lol

A chart is either accurate or it isn't, and when it is inaccurate, any truth you are trying to demonstrate loses credibility and gives your opponents the chance to distract away from the point you are trying to make.

Trump was probably sick the day they taught chart interpretation at his elite military prep school. Lol
The chart is interesting in that the data appears to be accurate. What is amusing is that Trump has added his own labels explaining the data as only he can. There is something to be said about simplifying graphs and making them more accessible using plain language. Trump takes it to the extreme limit here and there's nothing wrong with that.

Trump takes it to the extreme limit here and there's nothing wrong with that.
Except that in the purely political sense, you want to confront your opponent with your excellent point and force him to address that

Trump takes it to the extreme limit here and there's nothing wrong with that.
Except that in the purely political sense, you want to confront your opponent with your excellent point and force him to address that point.

But as we have seen on this thread, when you are inaccurate in how you present your point, the opponent will seize on that and ignore your point.

Trump's political instincts are a two-edged sword. He has an uncanny gut for knowing where people are on most issues AND he is blind and tone death at times when it comes to how to package/message issues and prevent causing himself avoidable political complications.

He drives me nuts with the latter. Although, some would say you can't be driven where you already are. ;)

Except that in the purely political sense, you want to confront your opponent with your excellent point and force him to address that point.

But as we have seen on this thread, when you are inaccurate in how you present your point, the opponent will seize on that and ignore your point.

Trump's political instincts are a two-edged sword. He has an uncanny gut for knowing where people are on most issues AND he is blind and tone death at times when it comes to how to package/message issues and prevent causing himself avoidable political complications.

He drives me nuts with the latter. Although, some would say you can't be driven where you already are. ;)
Trump is going to Trump. It's baked into the DNA of this election. What will drive persuadable voters IMO is the fact that Biden's popularity has crashed and for good, sound reasons. Trump can no longer put his foot in his mouth because its living there. On the other hand people are shocked to learn that Biden exhibits all of the bad attributes of Trump without the good policies.

As an aside did you see how Trump is hitting Biden HARD over the border? It's cringe worthy Trump at his best but it's also true and doesn't spare any feelings. Yesterday he claimed Biden was causing a BLOODBATH on the border! I actually think people are longing to hear this type of straight talk no matter how crude it is.

A sherm is a turrible thing to waste. He's under-achieving.
I'm gonna have to stand up here a little for @utsherman . He is my favorite left-leaning poster on the forum. If you don't treat him like ProV1 or one of the mindless leftists, he will reason with you. Plus, the way he thinks about OSU football is spot on. Lol. He is a valuable voice, so I would appreciate some quarter be given if that's possible.

Heck, we probably agree on very little politically, but he is more than worth trying to have a discussion with. Now, of course, if the discussion begins with pejoratives, he can and will respond in kind - like all of us can or do. FWIW

Last edited:
I'm gonna have to stand up here a little for @utsherman . He is my favorite left-leaning poster on the forum. If you don't treat him like ProV1 or one of the mindless leftists, he will reason with you. Plus, the way he thinks about OSU football is spot on. Lol. He is a valuable voice, so I would appreciate some quarter be given if that's possible.

Heck, we probably agree on very little politically, but he is more than worth trying to have a discussion with. Now, of course, if the discussion begins with pejoratives, he can and will respond in kind - like all of us can or do. FWIW
After the first sentence it sort of reads like we agree.