Illegal record being used.

Lancermania

Lancers lead the way!
Oh, say it isn't so. In the finishtiming results from 2021 http://live.finishtiming.com/meets/202100250/events/9/Final, they show Wayne's Jason Craig as holding the record in the 100m dash, yet the 2003 results where Craig ran his 10.48 show a wind reading of 2.7 which is over the legal limit. Therefore it can't count as the record. Check out the record from 2003. It shows Mario Allman with it at 10.48, yet for some reason Allmon is removed and Craid inserted. https://www.baumspage.com/rtrack/2003/res4.htm

Last edited:

Oh, say it isn't so. In the finishtiming results from 2021 http://live.finishtiming.com/meets/202100250/events/9/Final, they show Wayne's Jason Craig as holding the record in the 100m dash, yet the 2003 results where Craig ran his 10.48 show a wind reading of 2.7 which is over the legal limit. Therefore it can't count as the record. Check out the record from 2003. It shows Mario Allman with it at 10.48, yet for some reason Allmon is removed and Craid inserted. https://www.baumspage.com/rtrack/2003/res4.htm
Good catch, and wouldn't surprise me if more aren't found.

We download records from baumspage which is supposed to be keeping records for OHSAA. There were quite a few wrong this year and not sure as to why. If there are discrepancies in records they need to be brought to the attention of OHSAA and baumspage so they can be fixed. We found at regionals that there were at least 4 state records that were not correct and had them all fixed and that was only due to coaches bringing it to our attention.

I want to know why the Wayne meet manger for R4 had Mario Allmon of Princeton removed as 100m record holder. Homerism at its best.

We download records from baumspage which is supposed to be keeping records for OHSAA. There were quite a few wrong this year and not sure as to why. If there are discrepancies in records they need to be brought to the attention of OHSAA and baumspage so they can be fixed. We found at regionals that there were at least 4 state records that were not correct and had them all fixed and that was only due to coaches bringing it to our attention.
Your organization is very good. I congratulate what you've done with your business and devotion to accuracy.

I'm just a joe schmo fan but I appreciate all you do for the sport. You guys are great.

Last edited:
I want to know why the Wayne meet manger for R4 had Mario Allmon of Princeton removed as 100m record holder. Homerism at its best.
The wayne meet manager did not have anyone removed from records. They do not have control over that part of the system as that is the timer only and as I stated we download all records from baumspage.

Allmon was listed as record holder from 1990-2018, Don't you think it strange that out of the blue Allmon disappears in 2019 and sole possession of the record is given to a Wayne athlete who never should have been given credit for it to begin with.

I'm fairly certain that it's not illegal.
1624019851614.png

For some track & field events (100m, 200m, long jump) the maximum legal wind assistance is 2 meters per second.

This means that if the runners are facing a strong wind (giving them an extra 2 meters per second), their times aren’t eligible for records at most levels of competition including high school.

On Saturday April 27, 2019, Houston Strake Jesuit senior Matthew Boling clocked the fastest 100m dash (under any condition) in high school history at a blistering 9.98 seconds. According to the Washington Post, he was the first American high school student to break the 10-second mark in six years, but his time was not considered a national record because it was aided by wind measuring 4.2 meters per second. The legal limit for wind in track and field is plus-2.0 meters per second.

Last edited: