I Don’t Get It…

I don't get pro athletes and injuries. Just a few decades ago, baseball teams had starting pitcher rotations of 4 guys, now it's 5 and pitchers rarely throw 150 innings in a season when 200+ was the standard. Supposedly we have better training, better athletes, more knowledge of training and yet we have more and more injuries.
Pitchers throw harder and more breaking stuff.

I honestly don't understand how a nose ring is attractive. I acctually believe they are degrading.
View attachment 48425
🤣 I think many things like this start with basic rebellion of children towards their parents. The more you complain about it, the more they want to do it. I wonder if a parent would go get a nose ring when their kid does, if that would immediately turn them off on it. The ear expanders... I don't get that. So what's these people going to look like in 40 years. Those huge hoops don't fill in.

Pitchers throw harder and more breaking stuff.
Yeeeaaaaa....but..... Yes, the velo is up. No doubt. I'll push you on the breaking balls. I think one thing that doesn't get much pub is this "spin rate". Guys are really trying to spin the ball maximum rotations and I feel that is where the arm issues happen. Now maybe we're at a point where no one cares about injuries as long as guys get paid. Let's face it there are more pitching jobs than ever before. And maybe that's the goal. More jobs, less reliance on certain pitchers.

I see this often, but what I dont get is people videoing concerts. they stand there, hold up their damned phone most of the time and I would think looking at the concert through said device most of it.
Just makes no sense......watch the damn concert, no want wants to see your crappy far out video of the concert...
Yes, often wondered if they even ever view it again.

Yes, often wondered if they even ever view it again.
Prolly put it on their myspace pages and send to friends in txts.

No matter how good a band may sound in concert, the sound generally sucks and worthless to even view when someone posts or sends it so why even bother.

Oh wait.....to show off you went some place.

Back in the day we would ponder: If a tree falls in a forest does it make a sound?

Today's version is: If you dont post about it, did you even attend?

Might have something to do with the vapor.
While I understand there may be some things in micorwave popcorn that's not great for you, all this stuff has to get by the FDA, and in today's sue happy society, I can't imagine a company would risk selling something that kills people. I will say I eat very little micorwave popcorn. I buy popped popcorn and get a ton of it at high school ball games.

I don't get kids ( or adults) coloring their hair into unnatural colors - pink/ blue/ green, etc. To me for kids it's just a sign of attention and wanting to stand out. And I will say this, I'll take coloring hair, over tatoos and piercings any day. Tatoos are permanant and depending on the degree of piercings, those can be permanent too. Especially the hoop expanders on ears...why??

I don't get kids ( or adults) coloring their hair into unnatural colors - pink/ blue/ green, etc. To me for kids it's just a sign of attention and wanting to stand out. And I will say this, I'll take coloring hair, over tatoos and piercings any day. Tatoos are permanant and depending on the degree of piercings, those can be permanent too. Especially the hoop expanders on ears...why??
Why? Because they want attention. The reason never changes.

Why? Because they want attention. The reason never changes.
That is so true. There's people who want to be "part of the crowd", a conformist, which some turned into a bad word. Many say that people should "express themselves", be who you want to be and all this adds into it. And as you say it's not just 2023, it's been going on for decades.

Lots of great content here.

I don’t get the fascination with Fiona the hippopotamus.

I just saw a book at Kroger yesterday titled, “A Very Fiona Christmas” and just today my friend pointed out that apparently there is an actual MUSICAL about this surly beast…

I just saw a book at Kroger yesterday titled, “A Very Fiona Christmas” and just today my friend pointed out that apparently there is an actual MUSICAL about this surly beast…

“…worship a RAT.” 😁

there's a whole generation worshiping a sponge and another a purple dinosaur. I don't get it either. What message are kids supposed to take-away? The real world is better reflected by two old farts in a theatre balcony and a sarcastic rabbit. Need to deal with a problem person? Before Amazon, there was ACME.

I see this often, but what I dont get is people videoing concerts. they stand there, hold up their damned phone most of the time and I would think looking at the concert through said device most of it.
Just makes no sense......watch the damn concert, no want wants to see your crappy far out video of the concert...
I don't get concerts. You know how it's going to go before you purchase the ticket. Artist XYZ is going to play their list of songs that you could listen to at home while relaxing, rather than paying a $100 to sit by people you don't know who are loud and obnoxious and listen to low quality versions of artist XYZ's songs.

I don't get gold jewelry, or diamonds. How exactly is spending a few thousand on a ring that sports shiny reflective stones better than investing that same money in an IRA?

I don't get paying to watch grown men play a game. Nobody has ever paid to watch me at my job or recreation event and I'm good with that.

This one , I'm totally serious and not trying to cause a debate, but I don't get how someone thinks being a liberal in life is the correct position over being a conservative? Guess some things we were not meant to comprehend.

I don't get concerts. You know how it's going to go before you purchase the ticket. Artist XYZ is going to play their list of songs that you could listen to at home while relaxing, rather than paying a $100 to sit by people you don't know who are loud and obnoxious and listen to low quality versions of artist XYZ's songs.
Anymore I prefer a concert over any sort of sporting event, hands down.

I love them because everyone is always having a blast. Ya look around, everyone is having a great time whereas at games ya have opposing fans and/or you lose the game and ya walk away not having a very good time. Hell, ive even been to wins and walked away with an 'eh' because it wasnt all that fun.

The good bands put on tremendous shows, nothing you will ever get from the album and the experience of a live show is second to none.
Sporting events? Eh, to me they are much more enjoyable at home without the hassle. Ive been there, done that, to 75+ NFL games, numberous MLB (do not even watch that anymore). The only sporting event that is better in person than on TV is hockey, i stilll love me a good hockey game but ya do run the risk of a low shot/low score/low energy game that is a buzzkill!

I don't get saggy pants that expose the underwear (or worse) and inhibit the wearer's ability to ambulate.

Social connections 😌

I don't get gold jewelry, or diamonds. How exactly is spending a few thousand on a ring that sports shiny reflective stones better than investing that same money in an IRA?

I don't get paying to watch grown men play a game. Nobody has ever paid to watch me at my job or recreation event and I'm good with that.

This one , I'm totally serious and not trying to cause a debate, but I don't get how someone thinks being a liberal in life is the correct position over being a conservative? Guess some things we were not meant to comprehend.
Human nature and since 2600 BC