Hytek experts

madman

At a dual meet last night, the timer missed the start of the 4x100 (hand-timed with Daktronics Omnisport 2000). I was entering the results in Hy-tek Meet Manager and couldn't get the event to score without entering a time. I finally put in slow made up times to get the event to score, but am really hoping some hytek expert knows how to do this without creating times that never occurred.

This works on Meet Manager 4 (yes, I know it's an old version).

Go to Setup->Report Preferences. On the Report Formats tab, check the box next to "Display NT for results under 5 seconds." Click OK.

Go to the run menu, find your event. Enter .01 for first, .02 for second, .03 for third, etc. Score the event. The report will dispaly NT for everybody with a mark less than five seconds, but will score it properly.

I checked and you can also use the JD button if you only missed a couple of times rather than an entire heat. Say you got 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 6th. But the timer who was supposed to hit the button for 3rd wasn't paying attention. Put in the correct times for the 5 you got. Put in something below 5 seconds for the third place team. Then use the JD button to assign the places as needed. 3rd will be given the correct points, but will have an NT.

Thank-you. That worked perfectly when combined with the events notes where I can indicate why there are no times.

If it was hand timed why did you not use the hand time and add the .24 and then round up to the tenths. Put the time into hytek as 12.2h and hytek will note it as such.

Also, there is a bug in hytek with shotput/discus events that makes you list it before it will score events.

I read that as you missed the start with the timing system but still had a hand time from the omni sport backup or scoreboard time.