Humphrey Commits to Kent State

Grandpa1

PD reports that Chris Humphrey commits to Kent State last Sunday because he felt better there than at his other offer - Bowling Green- and that it was closer to home. Both are valid reasons.

What may have been a surprise is that he will be a receiver. I didn't think he would be a QB, but possibly a RB or a SS. Just goes to show how athletes can often be molded to fit a team need.

His stats at QB and as a defender are not great for a D-1 recruit.. But I thought he was the best player on the team. His running strength with balance allowed so much to happen after first contact. His body balance on the defensive side allowed him to make some exceptional plays. College scouts saw those traits too.

Congratulations to Chris Humphrey and good luck at Kent. :party:

" Stats at QB and as a defender are not great for a D-1 recruit"? You would have had to have been at the games. Solon doesn't win without this QB and safety this past year. Look at the touchdowns stat, and when they were scored. And look at the time he spent on the bench due to coach's opting to rest him. If he stays committed @ Kent St. they got one heckuva football player.

Of course I was not at any games, but that didn't keep me from thinking that Chris Humphrey wasn't a good football player. I posted long ago about his balance, strength and speed. By the end of the season I knew he would get college offers. Then the state honors came along. Momentum was finally growing for Chris.

His athletecism got him a chance as a WR at Kent. He'll do very well and some day even heave a pass!