How is the Off-Season Weight Training going for the Football Team?

Thanks for reply. I guess it has just been hard here, because we keep hearing the chatter that he is trying to leave and go other places for HC job. We are tired of the revolving door of coaches! I am just curious as to if anyone knows the plans he/the staff has?

What about Cybak, what are his plans? Will the admin keep him around at 6-4? I hope he decides to take the route of a college HC and let others run the offense for him. We may actually see a more fluent offense this year. I also hope the defense can show some of the same toughness they did, but consistently and not give up big plays!

Hoops game tonight--as much as most of you think I don't care, good luck boys!

Big plays definitely hurt the Bulldogs D last season, especially against Lake. Nordonia just totally clamped the offense out in the second half and the defense was on the field the entire 2nd half, which obviously wore them down. Highland and Tallmadge, well, they just kick-stomped Green from the get-go. I think the D returns a lot of players and should be pretty solid. Offensively, they need to find a RB that can tote the rock. They are going to miss the Weiland kid. I think the Qb that is coming up will be solid, and much more of a running threat than last year's QB, but he will need some receivers and a consistent running game to operate out of that offense.

I have said before, Coach Cybak (sp?) is a really good guy, maybe too nice. He probably needs to assert himself a little more outside of the lockerroom. Over all, I think he can get the job done, but the community has to give the man a chance.

J-U seem to know mr. cybak well. Based on your info on him and your seeming position on him, how do you believe he will manage the team this year? I have heard from a solid source that the team has lost some very key coaches before this next season. The press has yet to report it, but I have heard that the main player caller for the bulldogs has moved on to call the offense with another new coach in the area. Anyone else heard this? That would be a major blow to the program if it is who the rumor is about. A great green guy that has given so much to the program and been there for so many kids.

J-U seem to know mr. cybak well. Based on your info on him and your seeming position on him, how do you believe he will manage the team this year? I have heard from a solid source that the team has lost some very key coaches before this next season. The press has yet to report it, but I have heard that the main player caller for the bulldogs has moved on to call the offense with another new coach in the area. Anyone else heard this? That would be a major blow to the program if it is who the rumor is about. A great green guy that has given so much to the program and been there for so many kids.

Since he's not a student athlete just tell everyone who you're talking about? As for losing key coaches theres only one I'd hate to lose the others are a dime a dozen, IMO. Main play caller? the one that never got it done in the red zone? I'd only worry about Cybaks ability to get quality replacements.

It is hard to find quality assistants anywhere. So, as has been mentioned before, many people who criticize harshly are the ones who would never be willing to put their own time, effort and name on the line to coach at this level. It has been said, and it is very true, that there are 2 types of coaches in high school, underpaid and non-paid. Many fine coaches that I know personally, regardless of whether they were paid assistant or volunteer, have given it up for the reason that it just was too much time involved away from family to get ridiculed and demeaned like they do on a weekly basis in the fall.

Since he's not a student athlete just tell everyone who you're talking about? As for losing key coaches theres only one I'd hate to lose the others are a dime a dozen, IMO. Main play caller? the one that never got it done in the red zone? I'd only worry about Cybaks ability to get quality replacements.

BF, lets start here:
1. I am going to throw it out there as unconfirmed because I do not personally know him, but I have heard that a long-time youth coach and Green community member has left to the west to a district that just failed a levy. CC and I am not referring to cross country if you catch my drift. PM me if you would like anymore info.

2. Who is the only 1 coach that you would hate to lose? You, looking back at your posts, share a lot of the same opinions that I do about the staff, and seemingly like none of them!

3. Maybe you and I should apply with Cybak, not saying that we bring any quality, but just to see what he would say?

4. Redzone, Didn't you actually have to have an identity and move the ball to get to that area of the field? I mean the defense probably knew more about it than the offense, because they let teams drive it right down there!

No idea who you're talking about but Rardin and Robart are the only two that we'd miss. The rest may put in the time but they just don't have it!!!

Just got back from some quality vaca!
BF- I think you may be right on track with the coaches
the buzz is that robart has done a great job in the weight room and I agree rardin would be a huge loss(who else is going to cuss the boys up and down)

With that being said, what will the Bulldogs be doing differently this year? Really good freshmen class with some talent that may be able to get on the field.

Freshmen class has some kids that can help them out this fall, definitely, but they have some players from the JV that really need to step up to the plate and get the job done. Defensively, they should be pretty solid, returning over half the team, but O-line and RBs will be question marks. I think they have a chance to make a run at the SL title, which will have Tallmadge down a bit, Nordonia will not havr the athletes they had last year but will still be good, and Wadsworth will be better. HIghland may be the team to beat, but I like Green's chanes of getting on top.

Nord had a bunch of transfers last year and will lose many to graduation. I don't see them being in contention unless they have a great recruiting class from Maple again. Their JV team was pretty bad.

Nord had a bunch of transfers last year and will lose many to graduation. I don't see them being in contention unless they have a great recruiting class from Maple again. Their JV team was pretty bad.

But the world according to Brian1227 says that the soph class at Nord is the bomb and this will be the year of the Knight.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Nordonia has been a good edition to the conf. They did well in football, dominated in Basketball and seem to be competing in all sports. It seems as if the conf will down this year in general for football. Where will each team be?
My thoughts are as follows from top to bottom:

1.Highland- big physical, return a lot of starters, well coached

2.Wadsworth- return a ton, well coached but not sure if they can match up with the hornets

3.Nordonia- Return some key athletes, but can they outpace teams again?

4.Tallmadge- graduated a ton, but Coach V gets those guys to play for him

5.Green- very young and unproven, will beat the worse teams, but will get outcoached by anyone of equal/better talent

6.Copley- ?????? no idea

7.Revere- new coach=??? have to be better than the last guy

8.Cloverleaf- graduated buckwald and nothing left!!!

Don't think it is Kenmore. I believe I heard it might be Stow. What is going on with Green considering joining the Federal League?? Geez, the AD comes in and after 8 months on the job thinks Green is ready for te Fed? I would think that they would be no better than middle of the pack in football......but thenagain, that is whre they have been anyway, so what the heck. Basketball will take a hit with the likes of having to play McKinley and Jackson twice a year, but heck, it is worth a shot. Got for it!

No news coming out of Green camp now. I hope it is because they are hitting the weights! Pound 'em hard guys, the season is creeping up on you!

News, it has gone eerily quiet. Where are all the supporters/haters hiding at? Or did they have their sons graduate and don't want to post on here anymore.

Nothing going on in Green, huh? Gotta have some news on something going on..................................................................................well, I will wait.

Must be a boring off-season and summer for the Bulldogs. Nothing coming out of their camp. Good Luck to them this fall!