How do you get rid of WEEDS........

Regarding Clover...

The head greenskeeper at a local country club told me the stuff is the hardest to control because it likes high cut grass and it doesn't choke them out like other broadleaves. He said once it flowers you are done because the seeds fall out quickly and get down deep into the grass, they also germinate fast. His tip is to hit them right away before they flower which is tough because they are usually the same color green as the grass and most folks miss them. Finally the stuff that you use to treat clover is bad for the grass in hotter temps and that is when when you usually find them; make sure to wait it out and spray on a cooler day if possible.

I'm on my third round of spraying Round UP, within 3 to 4 weeks they will be coming back....

what does everyone use to get rid of them for good?
Round up (glyphosate) is a contact spray . What you are after is a residual herbicide that will prevent future growth from even needing contact spray. That is somewhat difficult to achieve in mulch or ground that has heavy residue because the herbicide lands in the mulch and not on the soil so controlling weeds coming up through the mulch is difficult.

If you know a farmer who will help you, you can find products containing triazine formulations such as Atrazine. Runoff into water is a serious hazard with many of these products, but if runoff is not a concern, and you have no Koi pond close by, such residual herbicides work very well all year long (or more).

If you know a farmer who will help you, you can find products containing triazine formulations such as Atrazine.
Reminds me of the TV ads I started noticing in the mid-70's - "Better yields and broadleaf control when you use Bladex, with Atrazine!".

This thread has inspired me, will check out that RM43 that bigkat mentioned. I have a tough time with weeds and grass coming out of the the cracks and seams on our old driveway and curb. I can live with the clover and a few dandelions, but would also like to try the borax for creeping charlie.

Reminds me of the TV ads I started noticing in the mid-70's - "Better yields and broadleaf control when you use Bladex, with Atrazine!".

This thread has inspired me, will check out that RM43 that bigkat mentioned. I have a tough time with weeds and grass coming out of the the cracks and seams on our old driveway and curb. I can live with the clover and a few dandelions, but would also like to try the borax for creeping charlie.
used Borax again a few days ago, sprayed it on the creeping CHUCK, and then about 2 hours later sprayed the regular kill the weeds spray, it is working, stuff is dying, don't mow for at least 3-4 days after the process... IT WORKS