How are politics affecting HS sports?

I’m not saying tragedies don’t happen, they do. I’m not rehashing all those singular events you posted. It’s all being magnified by the media, just like Covid. They want your eyes on them. Sensationalism sells, the weatherman doesn’t.

You going to show any of the black on black crime videos? Asking for a friend...

Yes, but that particular Veteran is the one that told Kap to kneel because it was more respectful than other displays of protest, and Kap took his advice.
How come, in the Democrat mind, it only takes a single opinion or event to justify the point or outcome that you desire, but you seem to believe that others must present a few double blind peer reviewed studies, so you can attack the source before you ignore them ?

This is why they kneel.

Most of the high school students kneeling couldn't tell you a thing about this isolated incident.

I thought I’d post this to get some of the politicking going on in the Football forum.

The McKinley thread has turned into a bit of a political argument. Many McK fans are upset with the team kneeling during parts/all of the National Anthem.

How are politics affecting HS sports? Are any other teams across the state experiencing similar issues? I know these kids are being pulled a hundred different ways ideologically. Adults, both parents and school employees, are using kids to push an agenda. This goes both ways. I believe I saw something about a 9 year old speaking at a BOE meeting against masking? That’s crazy to me. Where are the adults?

The McK fan base is typically a bit older, and according to reports from McK fans, they don’t want to support the political stuff with their money. I know attendance is down at many places, and that can be attributed to many factors.

We had many debates during the Olympics about pride and representing the team you play for honorably. How many HS teams across this state are struggling that have embraced kneeling, activism, etc.? I think it’s an interesting topic.
This could be a wonderful teaching moment for the schools coaches/ administrators. Not sure what happened or how they handled it, but a simple statement of ok, you can do this, but just understand the ramifications of what you do.
A. some or many people may be in favor of you doing this, some may not and it will be real. Just play football and you'll likely have more support overall.
B. You'll have a day when you are a parent/ employee/ boss/ employer and there will be things you may not agree with, but you have to pick your battles. As adults if you're going to force your agenda to everyone you see, well, good luck with that.
C. To me this isn't political at all. There is a time and place for things and prior to football games isn't a time to go woke.
D. I forsee a day when the national anthem will simply not be played before high school games because it's polarizing. As sad as that is.

Most of the high school students kneeling couldn't tell you a thing about this isolated incident.
Most high school students follow the leader. If their parents or what they see on TV is doing this, they'll follow. Many of the protesters from last summer had no idea of the details they were protesting about. It was just something to do to "stick it to the man".

I don't take much opinion from people below age 25. Once you are done with school, have a job, pay taxes and live a few years in the real world, then you start to figure out how things go. Kids coming off college campuses have no idea what's going on.

We all die. Just so happens Blacks kill one another at an alarming rate. Bad man whitey not doing it. Cops aren't doing it. It's mostly Black on Black. Doesn't make it right and I take no satisfaction at all saying it. Come up with a plan to stop it. The Plantation don't care about Black folk. Imo
Cops are doing it and they are representatives of our government. Too many examples to argue the point (and filmed). You are wrong to be so blind that when presented with proof you still resist.

This could be a wonderful teaching moment for the schools coaches/ administrators. Not sure what happened or how they handled it, but a simple statement of ok, you can do this, but just understand the ramifications of what you do.
A. some or many people may be in favor of you doing this, some may not and it will be real. Just play football and you'll likely have more support overall.
B. You'll have a day when you are a parent/ employee/ boss/ employer and there will be things you may not agree with, but you have to pick your battles. As adults if you're going to force your agenda to everyone you see, well, good luck with that.
C. To me this isn't political at all. There is a time and place for things and prior to football games isn't a time to go woke.
D. I forsee a day when the national anthem will simply not be played before high school games because it's polarizing. As sad as that is.
That’s the end of your lesson? How about, you live in a country that permits free speech. If you truly believe in your position make a statement. That is called liberty.

Most high school students follow the leader. If their parents or what they see on TV is doing this, they'll follow. Many of the protesters from last summer had no idea of the details they were protesting about. It was just something to do to "stick it to the man".

I don't take much opinion from people below age 25. Once you are done with school, have a job, pay taxes and live a few years in the real world, then you start to figure out how things go. Kids coming off college campuses have no idea what's going on.
You might be surprised. People under 25 ended the Vietnam War.

Cops are doing it and they are representatives of our government. Too many examples to argue the point (and filmed). You are wrong to be so blind that when presented with proof you still resist.
As blind as you are to the self-serving irresponsible BLMarxists and media that highlight tragic outlier cases to whip young people into a state of disrespect, distrust, or even fear of cops, the people that they actually need the most ? Most after responsible parents and real teachers, maybe.

Yep, he definitely made a big sacrifice speaking out on something he believed to be unjust.
He was past over as an NFL starting QB. Defenses all had adjusted to him in two years.

What did Nike pay him ? I haven't bought a scrap of Nike trash as even a gift since.

Last edited:
As blind as you are to the self-serving irresponsible BLMarxists and media that highlight tragic outlier cases to whip young people into a state of disrespect, distrust, or even fear of cops, the people that they actually need the most ? Most after responsible parents and real teachers, maybe.
Huh? You need to have somebody proof read your stuff before you post.