Hoover Football Stadium Renovations

WhatsupDoc

How are the renovations coming to the Stadium.?
With there having been little snow, I was wondering if they were ahead of schedule. Sounds like they started the Monday after the last home game. I'm glad they are renovating the stadium. It makes it very difficult for some of the older fans to get up and down the stairs the way they are now.

I heard that they postponed everything until the spring, haven't been by there though so not sure.

Found this item on northcantonschools.org

2022 Hoover High School Graduation Update

Currently we are planning to conduct an outdoor graduation at North Canton Memorial Stadium. We recently learned that the home grandstand renovation project at Memorial Stadium will not be occurring prior to June 2022. Since our initial release of the tentative graduation information, we have been exploring ways to minimize potential conflicts with spring athletics as we have been fortunate to still be competing at regional and state level events in mid-to-late May. With the various senior events and state level athletic events, we have decided to move graduation to Sunday, May 22nd, with rain dates of May 23, 24, 25, and 26.

Posted Thursday, December 16, 2021

Interesting how they just found out about the delay in the renovations, since the renovations were supposed to start the first week of November.
If they are not going to start until late June, I wonder if they will be ready by the start of football season, or will they have to play the first 3 or 4 games on the road. I wonder if that means the new elementary buildings constructions will be delayed.

Here's a little information as to what Hoover is eventually going to do.

Interesting how they just found out about the delay in the renovations, since the renovations were supposed to start the first week of November.
If they are not going to start until late June, I wonder if they will be ready by the start of football season, or will they have to play the first 3 or 4 games on the road. I wonder if that means the new elementary buildings constructions will be delayed.
I tried to discuss this on the NC Facebook page, asking where Hoover would play next year, and was told oh no its going to be done for the district track meet. Anyone who knows construction knows it was never going to meet that timeline. If they arent starting till June you can forget about football.

I hope the administration is paying attention and looking into contingencies as to who is going to host our home games, Central like they did with McKinley a few years ago?

I tried to discuss this on the NC Facebook page, asking where Hoover would play next year, and was told oh no its going to be done for the district track meet. Anyone who knows construction knows it was never going to meet that timeline. If they arent starting till June you can forget about football.

I hope the administration is paying attention and looking into contingencies as to who is going to host our home games, Central like they did with McKinley a few years ago?
If the need arises just play at Benson. Lord knows the only thing NCH will have to schedule around is McK football, and they only have 4 home games.

Tear down the visitor's bleachers and start over. I'll donate $5 to help with this endeavor and they can keep the brick.

"The 24” X 24” pavers will honor any donations to the project ranging from $10,000 – $49,999 with custom logos and family/business names."

Is this a joke? No hate on Hoover, but, uh...

This is off topic, but is there any appetite at North Canton Hoover or Mansfield Senior to sign a new two-year contract to play in 2023 and 2024?

20221108_160859.jpg

What are they going to do to renovate the Stadium???
Supposedly completely new home side? Don't exactly know for sure.
This was supposed to occur after last football season but was delayed. Don't know why, but there was a brief thread about this in late '21 thru early '22.

This article is from Dec. 14, 2021.

Here is the previous thread.

Until they get better visitor locker rooms....this stadium is the worst in the Fed
Agreed and I've never seen the locker rooms. The visitor sight lines are horrific with the splits and railings in the bleachers. I have skipped watching good games there for this reason alone. Tear it all down and start over.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
Agreed and I've never seen the locker rooms. The visitor sight lines are horrific with the splits and railings in the bleachers. I have skipped watching good games there for this reason alone. Tear it all down and start over.
The visitors locker room is below the visitor stands....3/4 the team can't even go in...at halftime they are standing outside and mingling with the fans. Can't even dress there...have to do that at your locker room

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
The visitors locker room is below the visitor stands....3/4 the team can't even go in...at halftime they are standing outside and mingling with the fans. Can't even dress there...have to do that at your locker room
For any team with a roster exceeding 60 players, that is true of CCHS. The locker rooms' curved outer walls cut down on capacity.