Hoover Beats Jackson

McCarthy66

Another great game by the vikes tonight as they defeat the Jackson Polarbears. I do believe with this win they get homefield for the tournament. Great job tonight Vike's.

So much was at stake last night.

Hoover clinches number one seed. They will have home feild for the first two rounds.

Jackson will probably be the three seed, Walsh probably the second seed.

As for the game, it was really a TRUE matchup of one versus two (state rankings div. 2) with Hoover (1) coming out on top 9-7. The game went back and forth but was really won by Jackson's early failure to score when they out shot the Vikes by 6 shots in the first quarter. The Vikings then dominated the second quarter.

The Bears did pull back to within a goal by the end of the third quarter but two quick goals by the Vikes put away any chance at an upset comeback.

We'll see what the playoff brings, but the future looks bright for the Bears, they lose only three starting seniors off the first two lines and their goalie. Their JV beat Hoover 3-2 to go undefeated for the season. This is a year after winning the state 8th grade title!

Go Bears, go Vikes...there's a good chance of a rematch on the 30th!!!!

Record attendance

I don't know the total, but I bet this may have been the best attended game in NEO Lacrosse history. Virtually every bleacher seat was full and the student areas were three deep SRO plus there were SRO fans all the way around each end zone. I would guess close to 700-800 fans were there. In Hoover's little Lacrosse/soccer stadium it made for a GREAT environment!

Hoover 9, Jackson 7

Goals—Jackson: G.McGugin 2, Mauro, MacMillan, Hirsch, Zink, Dismukes. Hoover: Armour 5, J.VanVranken, Lepkowski, Gates, K.Dahl. Assists—Jackson: MacMillan 2, Mauro, Larsen. Hoover: A.Dahl 2, Gates 2, Lepkowski. Shots—Hoover 29-25. Saves—Diana (H) 8 Halftime score—Hoover 6-2.

Records: Jackson 13-3, Hoover 14-2.

first off what a great crowd, i pulled in the parking lot and thought it was Hoover-Jackson football not lacrosse...this is the best rivalry in Stark county across all sports. as for the game, great effort by both teams...Jackson made a nice run but Hoover never let them gain the lead and momentum. probably the most physical contest ive seen at a Hoover game, which as a football guy i loved :thumb: good luck to both teams, represent Stark well, and id love to see a rematch (only thing better than beating Jackson is beating them twice :laugh: ) GO VIKINGS!!!