Kenmore-Garfield
Louisville
GlenOak
@ McKinley
@ Perry
Lake
Green
@ Jackson

How many starters return on each side of the ball? I know Mansfield beat them last year.
Hoover will go thru some growing pains this year. Many positions need to be filled. I probably see them going 4-4 or 5-3. I believe the FED is going to be more challenging this year than it was last year. The defensive backfield has no returning starters, one returning LB, no returning DEs, and maybe one returning DL. The starting QB is returning, RBs are returning, one starting receiver is returning, and one OL is returning.

Hoover will go thru some growing pains this year. Many positions need to be filled. I probably see them going 4-4 or 5-3. I believe the FED is going to be more challenging this year than it was last year. The defensive backfield has no returning starters, one returning LB, no returning DEs, and maybe one returning DL. The starting QB is returning, RBs are returning, one starting receiver is returning, and one OL is returning.
Oh wow Mansfield may have a chance again. Mansfield returns quite a bit of last years team.

Mansfield will almost certainly win this matchup
Mansfield does return quite a bit if talent. However they are breaking in a new QB that is Tall and talented but has showed some problems with accuracy. Also they will be replacing some of the oline. They do have a couple solid RBs and WRs. If that QB and Line comes together they could be a scary team. Only game I dont think they have a chance is against Massillon.

Hoover's getting a new turf field this year. As previously mentioned, no other stadium renovations will be done this year.

Last season's Hoover Viking team was their best in a decade. Overall, Hoover has been a mediocre D2 football program for past several years. As stated, the 2021 team was exceptional. It was the first time in a dozen years that they beat Canton McKinley. If the Vikings go 5-5 it would be surprising and encouraging. They will get drilled by Mansfield.

Last season's Hoover Viking team was their best in a decade. Overall, Hoover has been a mediocre D2 football program for past several years. As stated, the 2021 team was exceptional. It was the first time in a dozen years that they beat Canton McKinley. If the Vikings go 5-5 it would be surprising and encouraging. They will get drilled by Mansfield.
Don’t be so sure about that. Mansfield new QB is very athletic and all but he does have accuracy issues. Also they have to put together a new Oline. I think it will end up being a good game. 28-21 Mansfield

Don’t be so sure about that. Mansfield new QB is very athletic and all but he does have accuracy issues. Also they have to put together a new Oline. I think it will end up being a good game. 28-21 Mansfield
Trust me on this. Mansfield will win in a dominant fashion. Mansfield by 24+

Sounds like a lot of holes to fill on defense. Who is Hoover's defensive coordinator?

Hoover has a new defensive coordinator Josh Grimsley from MCK.
Will he bring the stack defense with him? He has long been a proponent of that defense, and if they are as green as reported on defense, it may be a good time to change defenses.

Will he bring the stack defense with him? He has long been a proponent of that defense, and if they are as green as reported on defense, it may be a good time to change defenses.
I don't know, but he might be able to change his defense plan. It probably really depends on Baum allowing him to do so. This would be the year to make that change, with many positions to fill.

Season Opener tonight vs. Buchtel. Drew Pasteur has us favored by 33 but I strongly suspect the game will be much closer. Any other thoughts/opinions on tonight?