Home Inspector Jobs

JackEd

At our Super Bowl party last night home improvement projects inevitably came up. That led me to beeching the lost about what my home inspector missed. Stuff he should’ve caught had he did about 50% of his job. I was asked how hard can that job be and do I think I could do a better job. Looking online and finding out what they get paid per inspection and what they are expecting, my answer now is yes, I believe I can do a much better job than the inspector I had (7 years in current home). Anyone here an actual home inspector, or have similar stories.

until you find yourself in the pocket of the real estate mafia whose jobs are to move homes and the shoddy remodeling companies. The inspectors are not doing a "bad" job inspecting. They're doing the job they are "paid" to do. The non taxed portion of the income.

I paid $400 for my inspection and according to Googleverse, the average is between. $300-$450 per inspection. Even if you just pint out the obvious you’ll be making bank. I have a call into my real estate friend and another friend who is a contractor. Our home inspection was not even 30 minutes.

Some years back, one of my buddies at work told me a contractor friend of his was paying him to do home inspections during evenings and weekends Sounded like a lucrative side gig. I think he was getting $100-150 per inspection at the time.