Hoban 35 Massillon 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try understanding the point, instead of trying to draw the trolls in, to support you. Try reading the post over and try to comprehend it. I support open enrollment to level the playing field. Instead of seeing the first line and posting without reading the entire post.

The point ISN"T what any team had to do to keep up with the all-star teams. Why is the OHSAA allowing a system that isn't competitively balanced.

A few wouldn't give up. Like the media with the president, Massillon is wrong no matter what they do! They totally ignore the lack of competitive balance and the uneven playing field. If this were another school, I KNOW there would be an honest discussion of the FACTS!

Give it a few years, Massillon has reached the top. Moore's TOTAL IMPACT has yet to be seen. I KNOW the trolls already have their excuses to attack Massillon when they win the state championship.

You people really don't get it. It isn't that we deny recruiting and attack others for doing it. It's actually you attack Massillon for OE and ignore the fact that it's is done to level the playing field!
The idea of competitive balance was never meant to balance things out. It was meant to shut up the Wayne County small school types by removing the prominent private schools from the lower ranks.

Massillon is an easy target because of their rabid fans, but really this game was all about Hoban. Watching them reminded me of those Mooney teams between 04 - 11 when they won 4 of 8 possible titles. When you watched the game there were all these kids going to OSU, Penn St, Nebraska, etc, but you could also see underclassmen that made you think "holy cow." At one point I read that there were several guys playing in the OSU-PSU game that were on one of those Mooney teams together. That's what Hoban is now, just an amazing collection of talent. Massillon caught lightening in a bottle in '19 and beat them, but, as happens at most other levels, there's only so much they can do when you run into those kind of stacked teams ( some Mentor fans nodding at this point).

If any other public school had made the 4 year run Massillon just made the majority of football fans would have been pulling for them the last few years (call it the Buffalo Bills effect). Because of their "most active/ loudest" fans public sentiment went the other way.

When Massillon took in the kids from Akron & other places, remember Akron schools weren't playing sports. You could argue that a million ways from Tuesday. However, what it did was blur the line even more on the "we're a public & they're not" argument. In that regard, you could say that Massillon tried to play Hoban's game, but didn't commit to it enough.

And after all that, I can only say 2 things: 1) I hope that Mr. Hamm joins the military because that dudes a leader of men and 2) between the lines, Mr Kirk reminded me of a smaller/faster James Harrison.

When Massillon took in the kids from Akron & other places, remember Akron schools weren't playing sports. You could argue that a million ways from Tuesday. However, what it did was blur the line even more on the "we're a public & they're not" argument. In that regard, you could say that Massillon tried to play Hoban's game, but didn't commit to it enough.
That's not true. Those Akron kids had announced that they were transferring to Massillon long before Akron Public Schools suspended sports.

The idea of competitive balance was never meant to balance things out. It was meant to shut up the Wayne County small school types by removing the prominent private schools from the lower ranks.

Understanding OHSAA Competitive Balance

Voted in place by the OHSAA member schools in May 2014, Competitive Balance is a process which makes modifications to how schools are placed into tournament divisions in the team sports of baseball, basketball, football, soccer, softball and volleyball. The modifications are based on which students are actually on each respective roster. Competitive Balance roster data collection began in ArbiterGame during the Fall of 2016 and was initially implemented during the 2017-18 school year. Please review the Competitive Balance 101 document for more detailed information.

Good thing DB is here to enlighten us all lol

Especially since the facts, are in direct contradiction to what you continue to post, around the clock, daily. No one else is usually following the garbage you post, except the fellow trolls that dutifully regurgitate the same hate or at least like it!

Especially since the facts, are in direct contradiction to what you continue to post, around the clock, daily. No one else is usually following the garbage you post, except the fellow trolls that dutifully regurgitate the same hate or at least like it!
Difference between hate and facts.

Massillon can't win with multiple Akron kids but Hoban won with Danny Clark ?‍♂️

The circumstances were exactly the same?! Don't worry you don't have to worry about posting anything with any thought, only the trolls follow and like the garbage you post!

This will be four days and you, like the other morons can't let a chance go, to trash everything Massillon and try to connect it to the loss. You can see by who's piling on, who the closet haters (BIG ED) really are!

Nate Moore is at the beginning of his tenure, so take your shots, even at his wife, you scumbag and hope this isn't just the beginning of his impact, in turning around the program!

The circumstances were exactly the same?! Don't worry you don't have to worry about posting anything with any thought, only the trolls follow and like the garbage you post!

This will be four days and you, like the other morons can't let a chance go, to trash everything Massillon and try to connect it to the loss. You can see by who's piling on, who the closet haters (BIG ED) really are!

Nate Moore is at the beginning of his tenure, so take your shots, even at his wife, you scumbag and hope this isn't just the beginning of his impact, in turning around the program!

You sound like a whiny kid that just lost his security blanket. Massillon fan base takes constant swipes at Coach Wakefield, then cries when others swipe at their Coach. The difference is, there were Massillon honks calling out Moore for his “game plan” and posing the idea that maybe Massillon needs another Coach?. It pains me to say this, but Moore has done an excellent job at Massillon (not getting into how he’s done it- fact is, he’s done it). I hope you guys eventually run Moore out of town, that’s a win for everyone else.

You sound like a whiny kid that just lost his security blanket. Massillon fan base takes constant swipes at Coach Wakefield, then cries when others swipe at their Coach. The difference is, there were Massillon honks calling out Moore for his “game plan” and posing the idea that maybe Massillon needs another Coach?. It pains me to say this, but Moore has done an excellent job at Massillon (not getting into how he’s done it- fact is, he’s done it). I hope you guys eventually run Moore out of town, that’s a win for everyone else.

This coming from someone who has trolled a topic, based on hate, for a program he despises, for four days. He can't respond to a poster, who validated the situation with the all-stars, because it doesn't fit his false narrative.

"Massillon caught lightening in a bottle in '19 and beat them, but, as happens at most other levels, there's only so much they can do when you run into those kind of stacked teams (some Mentor fans nodding at this point)."

How do you define a scumbag? He makes a fool of himself, trying to make a correlation, to destroy a town, based on a high school football program he hates! They even bring in the coaches wife!

Do a fact check, on what he posts and the time he spends on his obsession and you have a clear case of a mentally disturbed poster!

As far as Wakefield, he brings his situation on himself, by his coaching style. Then he displays his hate, by complementing a program, as the best, while manipulating the voting process, to continue the federal league tradition (block voting), of cheating teams during tournament seeding!

If Massillon were dominating the playoff to the same degree, that their team was untouchable, it would be a different story.

The dynasty of all-star teams, since the playoffs (Moeller, Ignatius, Hoban), displays a situation that needs addressed for competitive balance and to even the playing field.

Only a fool, wouldn't at least call for these teams to be moved to a separate division. The problem is obvious, when these teams have become so physically dominant that they can't fill a schedule.

I guess LL International was "whining" when Taiwan was told to comply with the rules before they were readmitted for tournament play.

After all only a poor sport would mention, drawing a year round team, from 250,000 (7 counties / 55 feeder schools) while everyone else picked from (15,000 / 1 regular school district). THERE'S NO REASON TO FIX IT, IF IT ISN'T BROKE)!

P.S.: IF YOU THINK NATE MOORE, HIS STAFF and TIGER NATION are wallowing in sorrow, over ANYTHING being posted, you'll soon see that it will only steel everyone to work harder, at their roles in the program.

Moore and his wife will provide a blueprint, for establishing a top notch athletic program, in all phases, especially academics! Parents and players see your performance and take note, when selecting a school to attend!

Last edited:
DB, Massillon had ONE away game in 2020, yes ONE. Wakefield played the system that was presented to him this year. It was this year and this year only he could and did do that, any smart coach would have done what was legally possible to give his team the chance to move on through the playoffs, move on. BTW wheres yappis most obnoxious, ignorant poster after this loss, he would be absolutely BLOWING up these threads had they won!

DB, Massillon had ONE away game in 2020, yes ONE. Wakefield played the system that was presented to him this year. It was this year and this year only he could and did do that, any smart coach would have done what was legally possible to give his team the chance to move on through the playoffs, move on. BTW wheres yappis most obnoxious, ignorant poster after this loss, he would be absolutely BLOWING up these threads had they won!
I know you're not very smart but with every post you solidify it. If Nate Moore had done what Wakefield did you would have been standing in line to post something negative about Moore and Massillon in general.

I know you're not very smart but with every post you solidify it. If Nate Moore had done what Wakefield did you would have been standing in line to post something negative about Moore and Massillon in general.

One thing that will be constant, the TIGERS will be in the mix in 2021. While these anti-Massillon FL trolls’ teams won’t be part of the discussion in Ohio.

Who hid? I congratulated Hoban the night of the game. Just letting you children have your fun.

Living vicariously is fun, huh?

Furthermore, if you think I'm embarrassed or ashamed of losing that game you need to quit going to freshmen basketball games.
I mean you did get smashed on your field...again... At least you can look forward to....well... sorry about that.

One thing that will be constant, the TIGERS will be in the mix in 2021. While these anti-Massillon FL trolls’ teams won’t be part of the discussion in Ohio.
Exactly, they think we're ashamed of losing three finals games in a row when nobody in that league will be sniffing the semi finals let alone the state finals for a long long long time. Lol.

In D1, who is it gonna be? McKinley? No....GlenOak? Heck no....Jackson? Lol....

In D2 they have to get past us and who's gonna do that? Green?

Serious question, do you guys wear the letterman jackets year round or do you put them away after the annual fail? Asking for a friend.

Exactly, they think we're ashamed of losing three finals games in a row when nobody in that league will be sniffing the semi finals let alone the state finals for a long long long time. Lol.

In D1, who is it gonna be? McKinley? No....GlenOak? Heck no....Jackson? Lol....

In D2 they have to get past us and who's gonna do that? Green?
Lol, all end up in the same place.... ?

With your facilities, move-ins/recruiting, and holding back 8th graders, your standards should be higher than just being in the mix.

I mean you did get smashed on your field...again... At least you can look forward to....well... sorry about that.
When did we lose a state title game at our place before last weekend?

Massillon has made three consecutive finals appearances....Jackson hasn't won a playoff game since LeBron was in HS. Let the big boys talk son.

Status
Not open for further replies.