History to be made tommorrow night in Mercedes Benz Stadium.

SWGA Fan

For the first time ever, the Georgia High School Association will implement instant replay, for all eight State Championship games, being held Monday through Wednesday. If any are interested in seeing how feasible this will be. All games will be presented on Georgia Public TV, and NFHS.NET. This COULD be a flopazoid. OR it could be the trend for the future, in every state in the country. I know that we COULD have used replay in 2014, when my Packers won the State Championship over Archer, 28-24. An over the head catch and toe tap on the endline of the endzone, was the difference in the game. I've seen these types of plays reversed before, by high school quality refs. But lucky for us, we had referees from a college football conference to make that call. Unofficial GPB replay at the time, confirmed what the refs saw.

For first time ever, the Georgia High School Association will implement instant replay, for all eight State Championship games, being held Monday through Wednesday. If any are interested in seeing how feasible this will be. All games will be presented on Georgia Public TV, and NFHS.NET. This COULD be a flopazoid. OR it could be the trend for the future, in every state in the country. I know that we COULD have use replay in 2014, when my Packers won the State Championship over Archer, 28-24. And an over the head catch and toe tap on the endline was the difference in the game. I've seen these types of plays reversed before, by high school quality refs. But lucky for us, we had referees from a college football conference to make that call. Unofficial GPB replay at the time, confirmed what the refs saw.
Ohio, Texas, Minnesota.... all have replay in the finals.... Sure others do, too. Welcome to the present.

For the first time ever, the Georgia High School Association will implement instant replay, for all eight State Championship games, being held Monday through Wednesday. If any are interested in seeing how feasible this will be. All games will be presented on Georgia Public TV, and NFHS.NET. This COULD be a flopazoid. OR it could be the trend for the future, in every state in the country. I know that we COULD have used replay in 2014, when my Packers won the State Championship over Archer, 28-24. An over the head catch and toe tap on the endline of the endzone, was the difference in the game. I've seen these types of plays reversed before, by high school quality refs. But lucky for us, we had referees from a college football conference to make that call. Unofficial GPB replay at the time, confirmed what the refs saw.
Sweet, good for y'all. Maybe now you can work on indoor plumbing.

Besides the obvious fact this is old hat for a lot of states and welcome to the 21st Century for Georgia, why in the world are they playing state championship games Monday through Wednesday!?!
They moved the games from MBS because it was too expensive. MBS brought them back at a cheaper rate but only midweek.

Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas did the same thing. Monday and Tuesday. New Jersey now also plays their true state titles Sunday through Tuesday because Thanksgiving games interfere with a weekend schedule and it's easier to schedule at Rutgers and MetLife.

Nebraska for years has played their finals on Monday and Tuesday at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln the week of Thanksgiving.

They moved the games from MBS because it was too expensive. MBS brought them back at a cheaper rate but only midweek.

Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas did the same thing. Monday and Tuesday. New Jersey now also plays their true state titles Sunday through Tuesday because Thanksgiving games interfere with a weekend schedule and it's easier to schedule at Rutgers and MetLife.

Nebraska for years has played their finals on Monday and Tuesday at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln the week of Thanksgiving.
That is monumentally dumb.

Valdosta=average Ga squad.
Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

Any thoughts on the caliber of athletes and teams playing in these games? I’ve been impressed with the level of play and execution in the three games I’ve watched. Lots of guys in all divisions with high level D1 offers or interest. The DL play by Thomas County has been elite. While only watching a few of these games is a very small sample size, I think spring football has very little with the growing talent divide that’s discussed annually on here. Watched Lakeland FL play Saturday night and had similar thoughts. There appears to be far greater depth of talent in GA and FL. I could be entirely wrong, just my evaluation. Curious what others think.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on the caliber of athletes and teams playing in these games? I’ve been impressed with the level of play and execution in the three games I’ve watched. Lots of guys in all divisions with high level D1 offers or interest. The DL play by Thomas County has been elite. While only watching a few of these games is a very small sample size, I think spring football has very little with the growing talent divide that’s discussed annually on here. Watched Lakeland FL play Saturday night and had similar thoughts. There appears to be far greater depth of takent in GA and FL. I could be entirely wrong, just my evaluation. Curious what others think.
I do agree with you. I watched Florida, and Georgia finals also. Especially the skill positions with the speed, and athletism. I've seen the Texas teams also, and it is very similar.

No it is not. Morning state championships are the worst. Any week night is way better.
But it’s not. For the teams a Monday or Tuesday game is a ridiculous departure from normal prep schedules. For fans and the community, a Tuesday night game, if there’s significant travel involved, is harder to make work than a Saturday or even Friday morning.

But it’s not. For the teams a Monday or Tuesday game is a ridiculous departure from normal prep schedules. For fans and the community, a Tuesday night game, if there’s significant travel involved, is harder to make work than a Saturday or even Friday morning.
No. First of all, for those teams, they are actually getting a couple more days to prepare for their state final game. For fans, they just take the day off of work or school for one day, or change their schedule. If they can't do that , too bad Who cares. Morning games remind me of JV type football.

Last edited:
No. First of all, for those teams, they are actually getting a couple more days to prepare for their state final game. For fans, they just take the day off of work or school for one day, or change their schedule. If they can't do that , too bad Who cares. Morning games remind me of JV type football.
As a former coach, I'd prefer the regular schedule versus a weird extended week that extends past the weekend. Organizations are products of habit whenever possible.

For many people, it's far easier to take off a Friday than a Tuesday and a Saturday morning game is clearly easier for the majority of people (students, parents, general fans) than a Tuesday evening or Friday morning game anyways.

You're injecting your personal preference (morning games reminding you of JV football) and in no way thinking of the logistics of how it actually works for the people most directly involved.

As a former coach, I'd prefer the regular schedule versus a weird extended week that extends past the weekend. Organizations are products of habit whenever possible.

For many people, it's far easier to take off a Friday than a Tuesday and a Saturday morning game is clearly easier for the majority of people (students, parents, general fans) than a Tuesday evening or Friday morning game anyways.

You're injecting your personal preference (morning games reminding you of JV football) and in no way thinking of the logistics of how it actually works for the people most directly involved.
It is what it is. So just adjust. Yes I gave my personal opinion about it, and that is what a lot of us do on this board

Last edited: