Historic Celina Fieldhouse And Stadium Not Going Anywhere After Building Levy Passes

Good.

The Fieldhouse and Celina Stadium are my two favorite venues to watch, and play games.

Honestly, If I were Celina, I'd tear down Celina Fieldhouse, tear down the entirity of the stands from Celina Stadium, move the football stadium down the block a little bit to accommodate a Locker room/ Concession complex on the North side of the stadium. Seating wise, I'd have Celina Stadium taking on a seating arrangement in a kind of a U shaped horseshoe like Euclid built not too long ago. The remainder of the torn down school and field house I would then turn into stadium parking. To replace Celina Fieldhouse, I'd build something like Trent Arena in Kettering or Toledo CC's arena for Celina. I know this wont be a popular opinion but whatever.

Rather expensive operation proposed. If there are maintenance and structural issues to justify the small disputed gains, maybe.

CC's arena is nice within limits. I like it because I don't have to sit in the stands. I'd consider it a step-down from Celina Fieldhouse from a fan/game perspective. Celina would be making the same mistake BGSU did when they went from Anderson to that thing they built. Locker rooms may be a different story, I don't know.

Last edited:
Are they building a new gym for Varsity Basketball, or are they going to keep playing in the old gym? One of the pictures says the old field house seats 2,500. It seats 1,200 to 1,400 at the most.

Are they building a new gym for Varsity Basketball, or are they going to keep playing in the old gym? One of the pictures says the old field house seats 2,500. It seats 1,200 to 1,400 at the most.

For quite awhile now they cannot come close to filling the Fieldhouse as it is.
I LOVE that venue and before Rona had a long standing streak of attending a game each year.

People are a little wider now than they used to be.

They will be redoin the locker rooms at the Fieldhouse that the hoops and football teams can use.

They are two fantastic venues to watch ballgames although the on field/court products have been poor