Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Saw the movie

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Both

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 17 37.8%

• Total voters
Sure looks like (and the candidates are behaving like) this is going to finish pretty close. If you're Vance, and you're confident you're going to win, you don't appear at events with Marjorie Taylor Greene on the last weekend (great ammunition for Ryan in the fall). So, he's desperate for every vote.

Mandel has "kept the faith" with the extreme right. The polling suggests the redder they are, the less educated they are, they're going with Mandel. Mandel looks to be focusing primarily on turning out his demographic, very Trump-like. Doesn't look to be pursuing new avenues...

Timken seems to have run a confused campaign, claiming to be something she's not. Lots of righty TV ads, but on the last weekend, who's she with? Portman.

Vance...this will so clearly be a litmus test for Trump's influence. Vance was heading toward a 4th (or 5th) place finish before Trump's endorsement. Still, if he does win, it will be narrow, maybe not even more than 30%. Trump can claim power and influence if Vance wins, but that kind of win reveals more of Trump's current weakness than his strength.

Dolan...You people on the right properly chastise big American cities for their breakdown in law and ORDER. But disorder is everywhere in our culture these days...the disorder of the Republican party is striking. You see disorder in the manner in which drivers are currently disobeying speed limits. ORDER is important...in all aspects of our culture. Dolan reflects a re-imposition of the status quo...something that we need. I wouldn't bet on him, but I won't be shocked if he eeks out the win.

Gibbons...the oldest dude in this race. Will be 70 soon. As the votes all start getting sorted out, Gibbons is bleeding votes in the direction of Dolan as well as Vance...and even maybe to Mandel. Rand Paul made a commercial for him, but that was a long time ago. Would I want Paul on the ground in Ohio if I was Gibbons? I guess (all the help I can get), but has Paul done anything since that commercial?

Last thought...

Flyover American conservatives hate a lot of the current state of affairs in the USA. But, they're going to vote (some) for Vance, who is basically a creation of the NYT, the New York Review of Books, Harper's and the The Atlantic. They're the ones who made JD a "thing". Interesting...

You'll catapult an NEO Irish-Catholic multi-millionaire into the lead who attempted to buy this seat...no background in governing...spent double what other people spent.

And the rightiest of the righties is a Jew (who also looks a helluva lot like a political opportunist...a guy who put his dampened finger up to the wind about 10-15 years ago and moved right).

Is this all good...Heck No! BUT, it's really interesting...

Timken thought she could swim in multiple lanes and win. She’ll probably keep Dolan from winning though as her voters would tend to be Dolan voters over Mandel or Vance.

Last edited:
Mandel has "kept the faith" with the extreme right. The polling suggests the redder they are, the less educated they are, they're going with Mandel.
Wow.

I'd like to see some links to support ^ that are credible. That sounds a lot like an assumption that is sourced in a biased leftist imagination.

Wow.

I'd like to see some links to support ^ that are credible. That sounds a lot like an assumption that is sourced in a biased leftist imagination.

https://emersonpolling.reportablene...r-dewine-holds-lead-for-republican-nomination

If you look at Mandel’s strategy it’s heavily based on dominating rural and Christian voters. It shouldn’t be a shock that these numbers show it. I mean college education levels are lowest in rural areas so why shouldn’t his numbers reflect that?

FA9FCD11-99B0-4763-A33F-7BF719124B74.jpeg

Lol.

https://emersonpolling.reportablene...r-dewine-holds-lead-for-republican-nomination

If you look at Mandel’s strategy it’s heavily based on dominating rural and Christian voters. It shouldn’t be a shock that these numbers show it. I mean college education levels are lowest in rural areas so why shouldn’t his numbers reflect that?
I felt Cat was taking a cheap shot based on his confirmation bias.

As a general rule, I understand that white college educated women are very blue and those with HS diploma or less are trending red every day.

But lefties have contempt for the "unwashed, vulgar masses" and I sensed that in those comments. I like to point out things like that among those who presume to be more intelligent and morally superior to those masses.

Last month Yale Law School students prevented free speech at a free speech conference. Now, that's dumb.

The working class can grasp simple truths leftists can't because they haven't been indoctrinated into a psuedo-intellectualism that nuances simple truths to the degree they become false.

They can, at least, tell you what a woman is and that a man can't be one. Lol.

As a general rule, I understand that white college educated women are very blue and those with HS diploma or less are trending red every day.

But lefties have contempt for the "unwashed, vulgar masses" and I sensed that in those comments. I like to point out things like that among those who presume to be more intelligent and morally superior to those masses.

Last month Yale Law School students prevented free speech at a free speech conference. Now, that's dumb.

The working class can grasp simple truths leftists can't because they haven't been indoctrinated into a psuedo-intellectualism that nuances simple truths to the degree they become false.

The Ivy league is a cesspool

T
Going Vance after this read
Thanks for coming around.

I just feel like I could sit down with JD and we would have a lot in common and understand each other

He has had some missteps and a few warts, but I believe he will represent me over there in the beltway septic tank. If he doesn't, we will vote him out in 6 years.

Great post, I was thinking the same thing reading through this...I could not have said it better.

People tend to base intelligence on degrees, they are not smart enough to understand intelligence and it's amazing varieties and what brings individuals to their unique intelligence potentials. A good brewer who built his own still from scratch would most likely be a great engineer or chemist and visa versa...When hiring always choose smart or motivated or both over any degree...smart people know this.
It is truly remarkable how many impressively dumb people that I work with who have impressive degrees.

Great post, I was thinking the same thing reading through this...I could not have said it better.

People tend to base intelligence on degrees, they are not smart enough to understand intelligence and it's amazing varieties and what brings individuals to their unique intelligence potentials. A good brewer who built his own still from scratch would most likely be a great engineer or chemist and visa versa...When hiring always choose smart or motivated or both over any degree...smart people know this.
It is truly remarkable how many impressively dumb people that I work with who have impressive degrees.
I worked at Dow Chemical during summers my first 3 years of college. We made Styrofoam insulation. Dow was a fantastic company to work for back then. Worked me hard but over-paid me. Lol. Really helped me get through my first 3 years of school.

Anyway, I worked with 4 men on my shift. I was the "recycle guy". My job was to remove scrap off the line and grind it up to go back into the system. One of the guys I worked with was a hillbilly who had an 8th grade education. Reminded me of Ernest T Bass. Lol.

The company hired engineers to oversee production and they made them the mid-mgt bosses. If I have a criticism of Dow, this was not the best idea because while these guys knew their stuff, they were massive nerds who had trouble relating to and communicating with employees - and that caused some problems.

I had a huge warehouse to stack scrap to the ceiling. We could make scrap for 2 weeks before we ran out of room. Normally 2 weeks would be plenty of time for the engineers to figure out what the problem was. Styrofoam is basically a recipe of melted plastic and a blowing agent gas that comes out of a dye and expands when it hits air. It needs to be a certain density and thickness and it can't have flaws in the surface - lines or waves.

One time we made scrap for 13 1/2 days and I informed the guys that we could make it for another 2 hours before I ran out of room. The hillbilly went over to the computer and moved the engineers out of the way and started making changes to the recipe. The engineers were freaking out. "You are ruining our efforts!" In 10 minutes we had a perfect board going down the line.

Now, the hillbilly couldn't show you on paper why what he did worked, but he had been making Styrofoam for 20 years and he had a practical understanding of what needed done.

I never forgot that. Life is complex and no one has it all figured out. A difference between the educated and the non-educated is sometimes arrogance vs a humble confidence. Some of the smartest people I know have been people with no more than an 8th grade education and some of the dumbest people I have known were those who taught me or studied with me in my 8 years of college. I'm very pro-education, but when that leads to the kind of arrogant superiority the Left has for those they see as beneath them, it makes me want to puke. Some of those people they look down on have something they will never have - wisdom.

I am voting for JD Mandell the evangelical jew who wrote the book on how the social safety net, strong public education and taxpayer money gave him an education so he could profit off the state of Ohio taxpayers even though he hates the state and has distain for his racists supporters.

MAGA MENTAL GYMNASTICS (it keeps getting harder)

I worked at Dow Chemical during summers my first 3 years of college. We made Styrofoam insulation. Dow was a fantastic company to work for back then. Worked me hard but over-paid me. Lol. Really helped me get through my first 3 years of school.

Anyway, I worked with 4 men on my shift. I was the "recycle guy". My job was to remove scrap off the line and grind it up to go back into the system. One of the guys I worked with was a hillbilly who had an 8th grade education. Reminded me of Ernest T Bass. Lol.

The company hired engineers to oversee production and they made them the mid-mgt bosses. If I have a criticism of Dow, this was not the best idea because while these guys knew their stuff, they were massive nerds who had trouble relating to and communicating with employees - and that caused some problems.

I had a huge warehouse to stack scrap to the ceiling. We could make scrap for 2 weeks before we ran out of room. Normally 2 weeks would be plenty of time for the engineers to figure out what the problem was. Styrofoam is basically a recipe of melted plastic and a blowing agent gas that comes out of a dye and expands when it hits air. It needs to be a certain density and thickness and it can't have flaws in the surface - lines or waves.

One time we made scrap for 13 1/2 days and I informed the guys that we could make it for another 2 hours before I ran out of room. The hillbilly went over to the computer and moved the engineers out of the way and started making changes to the recipe. The engineers were freaking out. "You are ruining our efforts!" In 10 minutes we had a perfect board going down the line.

Now, the hillbilly couldn't show you on paper why what he did worked, but he had been making Styrofoam for 20 years and he had a practical understanding of what needed done.

I never forgot that. Life is complex and no one has it all figured out. A difference between the educated and the non-educated is sometimes arrogance vs a humble confidence. Some of the smartest people I know have been people with no more than an 8th grade education and some of the dumbest people I have known were those who taught me or studied with me in my 8 years of college. I'm very pro-education, but when that leads to the kind of arrogant superiority the Left has for those they see as beneath them, it makes me want to puke. Some of those people they look down on have something they will never have - wisdom.
I have worked with some incredibly smart guys with zero education. I always caution people not to confuse education and smarts as they are very different.

I have worked with some incredibly smart guys with zero education. I always caution people not to confuse education and smarts as they are very different.
I remember a couple self-taught field engineers in my construction life when I was young that could just run circles around the degreed guys. But now you can’t get a survey license without a degree. Management is a closed shop.