Highland 88 Copley 14

It's not every day that a team puts up 88 points. Is there anyone who went to this game that can explain how this happened?
Yeah this is clearly so wrong. Didn’t go to the game but the score says it all. Did Highland put in their reserves second half? 88 points? Seriously? Copley will remember this in the future…trust me.

There a story on medina gazette.highland was subbing in the 1 quarter.Copley had bad punt snap.highland got the ball on the 1.Highland took 4 knees.then Copley went for it on the 5 yard line.Highland recovered a fumble in the end zone.copley is just not good.Highland mostly used 3 and 4 string qbs.

Last week Twinsburg did to Copley what the Twins did to the Guardians on Monday. Copley gave up a ton of points the season before.

Quite frankly, it’s embarrassing for Copley to be that outclassed by a fellow conference team. What happened to the Copley program?
A post on another thread stated that any decent football players converted to playing only lacrosse. 🤷‍♂️

A post on another thread stated that any decent football players converted to playing only lacrosse. 🤷‍♂️
Too bad lacrosse is played in the spring. One of the best running backs in Northeast Ohio (if not the state) is playing lacrosse at Utah next year (Hudson's Ian Ludewig). Just an excuse for lazy minded kids. Not saying physically, because you need to be in shape to play lacrosse.

This is such a horrible take.

If a student-athlete is already committed to a Power 5 School, heck, anywhere, it's up to them how they want to spend their senior year. Football is a great sport but it would be very easy for this kid, especially at running back, to get hurt and possibly blow his chances at the next level.

I'm sure the kid is doing plenty to stay in shape not limited to high level club lacrosse. Don't call the kid lazy, that's absurd.
He’s not dissing that kid. The kid going to Utah for lacrosse is the star RB for Hudson right now.

He’s not dissing that kid. The kid going to Utah for lacrosse is the star RB for Hudson right now.
Got it, thanks for the clarification.

So let me get this straight, ton of Copley players are just focusing on lacrosse instead? Again, it's up to them, there's a reason they don't want to play football. Feel like we are seeing plenty of great athletes at suburban schools focus on soccer instead too.

I've wondered why they don't have a "whitewash" rule. The theory behind the running clock to put a team out of it's misery as quickly as possible is a good thing but these ridiculous scores don't do either side any good. I think once the points variance reaches a certain threshold, end it. MHO.

I've wondered why they don't have a "whitewash" rule. The theory behind the running clock to put a team out of it's misery as quickly as possible is a good thing but these ridiculous scores don't do either side any good. I think once the points variance reaches a certain threshold, end it. MHO.
No need for a whitewash rule because there has always been a rule in place that allows a game to be terminated early if both teams agree.

New Mexico and South Dakota both have a 50 point sudden death rule in the second half. I used to be against it but now I think it's a good idea.

The problem with coaches being able to mutually agree to end a game early or shorten the quarters is that rarely you'll have a coach admit defeat.

This is unfortunate for the young man who just transferred to Copley from SVSM. His Dad’s reasoning was he thought his son would be the starting QB and they could get films for recruiting. How do you get any films when your team can’t score?

There a story on medina gazette.highland was subbing in the 1 quarter.Copley had bad punt snap.highland got the ball on the 1.Highland took 4 knees.then Copley went for it on the 5 yard line.Highland recovered a fumble in the end zone.copley is just not good.Highland mostly used 3 and 4 string qbs.

4 knees from the 1?

Even more embarrassing than scoring.

New Mexico and South Dakota both have a 50 point sudden death rule in the second half. I used to be against it but now I think it's a good idea.

The problem with coaches being able to mutually agree to end a game early or shorten the quarters is that rarely you'll have a coach admit defeat.
That is a disgrace.

Highland should not be in the SLA for football. I’ll go even further and say Copley, Cuyahoga Falls, and Kent should not be in the SL for football. Copley and Revere would make great additions to the GLC.

I would say that he made a very wise decision, wouldn't you?
If you put football ahead of your lifelong friends and education, then yes. He's probably not a D1 player so whats the point, you win more HS football games? Once in the real world what'd it really matter.

If you put football ahead of your lifelong friends and education, then yes.
Maybe Massillon is where he'll find his lifelong friends, and the Tigers' team GPA might indicate that he'll get all the education he can handle. Besides, Copley offers nothing like PBTS on Friday night. Experiences count.

BTW, what do have against Massillon? Can you explain your relentless disparagement in a rational, cogent manner?

If you put football ahead of your lifelong friends and education, then yes. He's probably not a D1 player so whats the point, you win more HS football games? Once in the real world what'd it really matter.

A) You have no idea where his 'lifelong' friends are.
B) You have no idea if he's D1, and that doesn't matter.
C) If you played football in HS, you'd understand that winning does matter. It makes the whole experience better and more memorable. Do you need to win a ship? No. But you do need to play competitively and win some games to make it more enjoyable.

Didn't Copley have some players go to Massillon or other schools???
Why wouldn't they? Kids should be allowed a one-time transfer without penalty. Why force a kid to play for a bad program under a bad coach with a bad AD? It's not their fault the adults ruined the program and ran it into the ground.

This is where all the public school peeps should be chiming in to say "The parochial schools recruited him to come play and leave his hometown".

But you don't hear the chirpers on this string, because he went to another PUBLIC school. And then a catholic school kid transferred to the PUBLIC school he left from.

I can tell you if my kid were getting ready for high school and we lived in Copley, Stow, or numerous other communities, I wouldn't make them play for a crap program because they live there. I'd work to get them somewhere they can have a great, memorable experience.

I can tell you if my kid were getting ready for high school and we lived in Copley, Stow, or numerous other communities, I wouldn't make them play for a crap program because they live there.
Copley and Stow are actually pretty solid programs over the last decade. Yes, they have fallen on hard times for a couple of years but most schools are cyclical.