Herbstreit Challenge

Byrnes will have a top 3 QB for the class of 2007 in Willy Korn. He committed to Clemson earlier last year. Kid is supposedly the real deal. Are we still playing Oaks Christian? If so, we would be playing 2 of the top 3 QB's in the class of 2007. What a challenge.

MoeThug13 said:
Byrnes will have a top 3 QB for the class of 2007 in Willy Korn. He committed to Clemson earlier last year. Kid is supposedly the real deal. Are we still playing Oaks Christian? If so, we would be playing 2 of the top 3 QB's in the class of 2007. What a challenge.

No we are not playing Oaks Christian. We were tentatively scheduled to play them the week that we are now playing this team from SC in the Herbstreit Challenge. Apparently Oaks Christian backed out of the game for undisclosed reasons but I don't know that to be fact one way or another.

moeprep21 said:
No we are not playing Oaks Christian. We were tentatively scheduled to play them the week that we are now playing this team from SC in the Herbstreit Challenge. Apparently Oaks Christian backed out of the game for undisclosed reasons but I don't know that to be fact one way or another.

Those boys look like they have some real speed...combined with a great QB??? Crable better get his cover 4 ready...or the tank better have a all-american pass rushing day. What do we have coming back at D-line and linebacker...didn't we have a lot of guys on the D-line graduate this year?

no, ivy, it was the exact opposite-dlinemen returning:becker, jones, wersel, mcwilliams
lbs returning-dipetriantonio, rodriguez, naylor, lane(who is a DL as well)

From what I was hearing it will be DP and Rodriguez at OLB, with Jones in the middle. Lane and Wersel at DE, and Becker and McWilliams at DT.

IVYcrusader said:
didn't we have a lot of guys on the D-line graduate this year?

Should be just losing two...Iacovone and Schuckman. You might be thinking of the offensive line. It is my understanding that Moeller will be losing practically the entire offensive line. The defensive line is in very good shape. Frank will have a great year even though he is probably going to get double and triple teamed on practically every play but that should leave the linebackers open. Look for Andy to have another outstanding year. Lane should also have a great year barring any injuries. Should not have too many problems stopping the run this year and hopefully the D-backfield will have a good year. On offense, look for Oltorik to have a breakout season if the pass blocking is there. I think Uecker could get as much as 800-900 yards rushing this season.

crusader3 said:
From what I was hearing it will be DP and Rodriguez at OLB, with Jones in the middle. Lane and Wersel at DE, and Becker and McWilliams at DT.

Well I know all these names started as sophomores. Seems like they've been around forever doesn't it?

Yea moes o-line is going to be filled with inexperience next year as none of the starting linemen started last year so that is going to be the biggest concern for next year the defense is goin to be fine

The o-line could be pretty good. They have been together since freshman year. Chris Bechtold started last two games at guard in place of McCraken last year. Lindhorst also had a little bit of playing time.They should have decent size and all are working hard in weight room. The starters should look like the following:

T-Lindhorst
G-Either Kevin or Matt Smith
C-One of the Smiths
G-Bechtold
T-Froncek or Williams(soph this year)

Garduating...

crusader3 said:
Hopefully they graduated a lot of kids...

We did. In fact the entire starting offensive line will be new. Top receivers, and defensive backs are gone, too. We do have some good talent moving up though and I think we will give you a good game. I can't wait to see it. It'll be great playing ateam with such a great tradition.