Hazing Incidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coaches aren't babysitters and kids doing things they know they shouldn't find ways to avoid eyes. This is the problem with society right now, don't blame the idiots who did wrong and their parents who didn't teach them properly. Blame teachers, coaches, bosses. Just wait till the facts come out.

“No coach was present or participated in any of the alleged acts, Salvino said; however, they are discussing why the kids were unsupervised.”

yeah you can’t just leave minors unsupervised during a school-sanctioned activity.
Salvino (wink-wink) if the administration staff didn’t hear the tree fall in the woods…

I always tell people that when it comes to Massillon Tiger football players, they are some of the smartest well coached players you will find but in general overall around the country there seems to be a mental disconnect of what's right and wrong when it comes to this hazing issue I do not understand. I hope this is not a hazing situation.

yeah you can’t just leave minors unsupervised during a school-sanctioned activity.
Should the coaches supervise the showers to make sure nobody whips someone with a towel or other issues?

Even at school sponsored events, in locker rooms, there needs to be some sort of privacy. Not saying coaches can't enter, but they dont need to be stationed in there at all times, that's about as creepy as our President smelling people's hair.

Coaches aren't babysitters and kids doing things they know they shouldn't find ways to avoid eyes. This is the problem with society right now, don't blame the idiots who did wrong and their parents who didn't teach them properly. Blame teachers, coaches, bosses. Just wait till the facts come out.
What... you mean use common sense and a little emotional intelligence. You're cray cray! ;)

I love everyone comparing this to Northwestern or McKinley when they don't know what even happened. Typical. Oh, and lets make certain to blame the coaches for every action a 14-17 year does. I mean coaches are there to hand hold and babysit. Same people that blame officials and umps for everything. Crazy..... Maybe we get some details first.

Coaches cannot control everything. I was on a staff once when the coaches were made aware of a hazing incident. The kids admitted it to us as a staff. It was bad, I'll leave it at that. We informed the AD, Principal, local diocese (Catholic School which I won't name), and local PD. This was during a time right after the major abuse incidents happened in the Catholic Church. Well, the main purpetrator's father was a prominent attorney and donor to the school and diocese. He also happened to be very close friends with the local police chief. Even though we followed all steps of reporting, we were told by AD, Principal, Police, etc. to just let this one go as everyone was very sorry. We all resigned as a staff immediately, couldn't believe it.

Again, kids will find a way to be hidden to do stupid stuff. As long as appropriate measures were taken in reporting and investigating, there's not much else a coach can do other than punish perps within the context of the team. It seems appropriate steps are currently being taken.

Oh I know and if you knew you wouldnt post it on here either. At least I hope you wouldn't because they're very serious and involve a victim. I won't be baited into saying it.
I do know and I’m not on an anonymous website saying people should lose their jobs etc. so as I said you heard from the guy you work with that has a cousin who is friends with a football player that…..

I heard the details. They're very bad and the police are involved due to the details. Someone(s) is going to lose their job. If the details I heard are true and I've heard it from 3 different people all the same then there is no way it doesn't happen. Out of respect to the victim I won't post the details but it isn't good.
Don't think you do Im hearing things and like I said boys will be boys.

Looks serious enough for police involvement of one incident.
https://www.indeonline.com/story/ne...isciplined-amid-misconduct-probe/70405043007/

Right a mck fan never has a dog in any fight. Oh I will be here just as much as I always am, will you be back on here when people don’t lose their job ??
You don’t even know if Guadiana is a McKinley. I haven’t seen too many McKinley people saying anything. Don’t put us in it.

Should the coaches supervise the showers to make sure nobody whips someone with a towel or other issues?

Even at school sponsored events, in locker rooms, there needs to be some sort of privacy. Not saying coaches can't enter, but they dont need to be stationed in there at all times, that's about as creepy as our President smelling people's hair.
So, it sounds like you prefer what the former President did with walking into girls” changing rooms?

I love everyone comparing this to Northwestern or McKinley when they don't know what even happened. Typical. Oh, and let’s make certain to blame the coaches for every action a 14-17 year does. I mean coaches are there to hand hold and babysit. Same people that blame officials and umps for everything. Crazy..... Maybe we get some details first.
This is an odd statement because on one hand parents want more involvement in ther child's education, which extracurricular sports are an extension of, but don’t want to hold coaches, who are school employees, accountable is just…odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.