Harris Vows administration will cancel student loan debt.

Amazing how an administration can strive to do the opposite of what this country wants.....
The first few links I found via Google were about 1.5 years old so maybe the data has changed but they all mentioned a slight majority of the country is in favor of at least some forgiveness. There was one that said 76% of Americans are against it (Cato). Could you provide a study showing that the majority of the country doesn’t want student forgiveness?

It’s a genuine question as I can’t find much that would support that claim and I can’t find anything within the last 11 months.

The first few links I found via Google were about 1.5 years old so maybe the data has changed but they all mentioned a slight majority of the country is in favor of at least some forgiveness. There was one that said 76% of Americans are against it (Cato). Could you provide a study showing that the majority of the country doesn’t want student forgiveness?

It’s a genuine question as I can’t find much that would support that claim and I can’t find anything within the last 11 months.
lol good luck with that.

100% support previous payment amounts applying to the principle and cancelling interest. People can be on the hook for what's left on the principle. If previous payments exceed the principle, I don't think the government owes refunds. Anything beyond that, I'm not sure how I feel.

lol good luck with that.

100% support previous payment amounts applying to the principle and cancelling interest. People can be on the hook for what's left on the principle. If previous payments exceed the principle, I don't think the government owes refunds. Anything beyond that, I'm not sure how I feel.
so you seem to be on the top of things.. so these forgiven loans.... are the banks NOW responsible for them? how about the colleges, are they responsible for them? or do they just disappear?

Just by reading comments on the bottom of stories....I'm making an assumption.

Take out a loan...pay it back....is a pretty genuine response.

I don't think people are generally inclined to comment on articles if they agree with the subject matter.

Not how I would judge what the country wants but I appreciate the response nonetheless.

I don’t disagree with the second sentence.

Who's going to pick up the tab?
The same people who picked up the tab for this:

IMG-3626.jpg

IMG-3626.jpg

When the government (Illegally) shuts your business, your ability to make money down and wants you to pay yourself and your employees... the government would have to or pay everyone through unemployment agencies that were not capable of the influx.
Everyone was eligible equally. They would be crazy if they did not fill out the paperwork like everyone else did. How many businesses did not fill out the paperwork? Even I did.
You are a victim of ignorant propaganda.

The republicans wanted to end the Covid handouts and the dems wanted to extend them.

There is no such thing as loan forgiveness, only transfer of debt.

When the government (Illegally) shuts your business, your ability to make money down and wants you to pay yourself and your employees... the government would have to or pay everyone through unemployment agencies that were not capable of the influx.
Everyone was eligible equally. They would be crazy if they did not fill out the paperwork like everyone else did. How many businesses did not fill out the paperwork? Even I did.

The republicans wanted to end the Covid handouts and the dems wanted to extend them.

There is no such thing as loan forgiveness, only transfer of debt.
TRANSFER OF DEBT!!!! that is the way to describe it!!! students signed a contract to PAY for their LOANS, i didn't sign for THEIR LOANS..

and now that BIDEN has transfered BILLIONS of dollars to the American people

how many people who really don't need their LOANS transferred... will slip thru the cracks and now be able to buy things that their money should have gone to paying OFF THEIR LOANS... it is disgusting what BIDEN has done, all for the purpose of BUYING SOME VOTES...because he can't run on what he has DONE to America for the LAST 3 plus years......

Amazing how an administration can strive to do the opposite of what this country wants.....

Yet where is the public outrage. Where is the vehement Republican opposition to Team Biden's student loan debt forgiveness actions? Despite the correctness of conservative thought on things like abortion and student loan debt, we cannot put our beliefs into action unless we control the government through winning elections.

lol good luck with that.

Do you think the president can just decide who's loans get transferred to the taxpayer?

Nothing has changed. This is just politics. These are the same policies that have been in place for decades. The lady who "suddenly saw the zero balances on her credit report" got the zeroes because was always going to get that based upon the contract she signed. The government just does it automatically now instead of you having to file the paperwork.

What is sad is 30 year olds believing they are off the hook. Joe Biden is not forgiving your loans. He is toying with you. The interest was all a write-off anyway.

IMG-3626.jpg
An example of dishonest White House propaganda, and BlueJayFan fell for it.

shocking

“The idea is that taxpayers would forgive the majority of the money that was going to the workers,” Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said in May 2020, adding: “But this was not designed as a loan; it was really designed as a grant.”

Many Democrats (including their spouses) profited off PPP loans and benefited from the forgiveness too:

• Senator Jeanne Shaheen
  • Rep. Matt Cartwright
  • Rep. Susie Lee
  • Speaker Nancy Pelosi
  • Rep. Debbie Mucarsel-Powell
  • Rep. Devin Nunes

Semi-related but I do get a kick out of Biden constantly taking credit for forgiving loans while leaving the fact these people should have had them forgiven years ago due to their work in the public sector

Semi-related but I do get a kick out of Biden constantly taking credit for forgiving loans while leaving the fact these people should have had them forgiven years ago due to their work in the public sector
It's all just auto-forgiveness so you don't have to make a call or send a letter. The Democratic unified House/Senate/WH could've done it for real. It was never going to happen. Too many business interests at play.