Hake to Valley Christian

There was no THC found in the vape pen!
- Means a lot of things everyone assumed are off the table, from a legal perspective.

Hake is making significantly more money at this time than he did as a teacher, he has a wife and child to support now, so I don't see him returning to teaching. But who knows for sure what the future holds, he was a really good teacher.

I know of at least 1 former assistant coach who would help out for the short term.

Andy messed up, sometimes his maturity, or lack of, has cost him. Overall he is a good person, a good motivator, and anyone who knows him even a little bit understands he really does care for the kids (all of them, not just the football players).

I wish him the best and am glad he caught a break with another small school in the area. It's up to him what he makes of it!
An actual quote from Hake according to the Vindicator dated Dec 11 2020 he "knew he shouldn't have marjuana on him". Nobody assumed anything.

"Hake is making significantly more money at this time than he did as a teacher, he has a wife and child to support now, so I don't see him returning to teaching."

Am I missing something here? Are you saying he will be making more $ as a coach at Valley Christian than what he was making as a teacher (and coach?) at WR? I would guess that he was making approximately $35K teaching and maybe $10K as head coach at WR...? And you're saying he's now making significantly more at VC? Or is employed somewhere else? I'm admittedly not the brightest bulb in the pack, so help me out here please, BCWRFan.
Significantly more doing something other than teaching!

No THC = no criminal charges related to THC
Is it really worth a Prosecutor's time to go after someone without any evidence? I don't know the answer to that but I don't think so.

Anyone who knows Andy understands how he could make "significantly more" selling cars... The real question some of you are asking is what I think is significant. What I heard, is he is making more than he did teaching + coaching at WR.

Did he steal your girl in HS or something? Why do you hate this man so much?

Probably because he will make VC relevant sooner than later, and because now JFK won't have an easy pass to week 13 and beyond. Huge hire for VC and it probably will alter that region as long as they stay D7

Or because he smoked weed in school and went to teach kids, and the fact that a lot of people did not like his antics before this incident. I am gonna say a bit of both, but probably committing a crime on school grounds and then being hired by a CHRISTIAN school outweighs the competitive aspect of it

Probably because he will make VC relevant sooner than later, and because now JFK won't have an easy pass to week 13 and beyond. Huge hire for VC and it probably will alter that region as long as they stay D7

Or because he smoked weed in school and went to teach kids, and the fact that a lot of people did not like his antics before this incident. I am gonna say a bit of both, but probably committing a crime on school grounds and then being hired by a CHRISTIAN school outweighs the competitive aspect of it
It’s because he did what he did. It’s also because he has made it known on his feelings about privates and now he is at one. Jaws feels that if you spend 10 years bashing Ford and then you go sell them, your words mean nothing, but your actions mean everything.

I personally am not worried about VC in our region at all. No chance that they alter the region. He is up against Ursuline with Reardon, Chaney with Amill, Mooney and all the OE schools nearby for players. He will make them better but won't be on Kennedy's level. Plus he won't be there long, either he jumps at the first chance or they will get tired of his antics.

What he did, he shouldn't be allowed on any school campus.

It’s because he did what he did. It’s also because he has made it known on his feelings about privates and now he is at one. Jaws feels that if you spend 10 years bashing Ford and then you go sell them, your words mean nothing, but your actions mean everything.
Exactly. Guy is a phony.

Nothing phony about him, he's as upfront a coach as there is. No one will ever say that what he did was OK, but not everyone will take every opportunity to respond to every post with a slander against him. We get it, you don't like him, move on.
Phony as a 3 dollar bill. Talks for years about how privates cheat and how much he hates them. Now he is at a private and will do everything in his power to bring in players. Slander would be something that isn't true btw. Nothing I have stated isn't. Don't like my opinions then don't read them.

Phony as a 3 dollar bill. Talks for years about how privates cheat and how much he hates them. Now he is at a private and will do everything in his power to bring in players. Slander would be something that isn't true btw. Nothing I have stated isn't. Don't like my opinions then don't read them.

Valley is a not a "private" in the parochial sense. Hard not to read them when they're every other comment!

I personally am not worried about VC in our region at all. No chance that they alter the region. He is up against Ursuline with Reardon, Chaney with Amill, Mooney and all the OE schools nearby for players. He will make them better but won't be on Kennedy's level. Plus he won't be there long, either he jumps at the first chance or they will get tired of his antics.

What he did, he shouldn't be allowed on any school campus.

If you're not worried about him, then quit posting every other post about him. BTW, you just admitted about OE schools recruiting along with privates.

If you're not worried about him, then quit posting every other post about him. BTW, you just admitted about OE schools recruiting along with privates.
If a kid OE to another school, it’s the same as a kid that chooses to pay to go private. Not sure how this is hard to understand.

You do realize I started this thread right? Not worried about him in the least, I personally don't think he should be allowed to coach, but that is my opinion. Kids are free to go where they and their parents think is best for them. You believe kids are stolen, its ludacris.

You do realize I started this thread right? Not worried about him in the least, I personally don't think he should be allowed to coach, but that is my opinion. Kids are free to go where they and their parents think is best for them. You believe kids are stolen, its ludacris.
Spare me your sanctimonious hypocrisy.

Spare me your sanctimonious hypocrisy.
Let me ask you this, if EP went to open enrollment and 5 or 6 kids came into the school that could help turn around their program, what would you do? Stop rooting for them and look for a school that is still closed to cheer for or stay with the Buldogs?

Let me ask you this, if EP went to open enrollment and 5 or 6 kids came into the school that could help turn around their program, what would you do? Stop rooting for them and look for a school that is still closed to cheer for or stay with the Buldogs?
First off, they are OE, your second statement is irrelevant to your first.
I agree Hake shouldn't coach, but I find your other comment fodder for those who see the recruiting attempt every season on prime athletes.

First off, they are OE, your second statement is irrelevant to your first.
I agree Hake shouldn't coach, but I find your other comment fodder for those who see the recruiting attempt every season on prime athletes.
They are? I honestly didn't know that. That is pretty sad.

Sad that they aren't better.
After reading all the current negative and previous comments on here about us, does it stand to reason? Some were actually sickening to read, it's totally nothing like what people said and think.
Frankly, 30 some years ago, EP was a D3 school in Region 9.
With that said, it's a shame a school must actively advertise and recruit, just to have a competitive sports team.

Last edited: