GWOC All-League and POY

SWOHHoops

Saw some talk on twitter and heard some things but don't have the list. Anyone know for sure who made what? A lot of talk about some kids getting/not getting what they didn't deserve/deserved, Rice in particular.

Saw some talk on twitter and heard some things but don't have the list. Anyone know for sure who made what? A lot of talk about some kids getting/not getting what they didn't deserve/deserved, Rice in particular.
All I've seen are Beavercreek people upset that Liam Gluck was 2nd team GWOC. I mean, that seems fine? Maybe Wayne people are upset that Rice wasn't POY, but should he have been over Cupps?

All I've seen are Beavercreek people upset that Liam Gluck was 2nd team GWOC. I mean, that seems fine? Maybe Wayne people are upset that Rice wasn't POY, but should he have been over Cupps?
I would say yes:
Rice led the league in points and steals, 2nd in rebounds and assists, shot 54% to Cupps 46%, 36% from three to Cupps 33%. Cupps better from the line and beat Wayne twice. Best player was Rice, best team was Centerville but no chance they beat Wayne without Powell and O'Conner transferring in. Rice carried Wayne.

Any idea what the rest of the list looks like?

Based on the league standings and stats, unless there were six or more first team spots Beavercreek should have only gotten one, and I don't think that's the kid that would get picked.

I haven't seen it yet, but I'd think Centerville would have 2-3 kids and Wayne 2 kids.

Based on the league standings and stats, unless there were six or more first team spots Beavercreek should have only gotten one, and I don't think that's the kid that would get picked.

I haven't seen it yet, but I'd think Centerville would have 2-3 kids and Wayne 2 kids.

Not sure the comprehensive list is available, but I saw Martindale tweet that Rice was POY and Cranford was 1st team.

I heard him and Cupps were co-poy, if Rice got it by himself the coaches got it right.

No problem from me if they share it. Rice was ahead of Cupps last year in points, rebounds, and steals and Cupps was standalone POY. No different than this year, and Centerville won the league once again.

No problem from me if they share it. Rice was ahead of Cupps last year in points, rebounds, and steals and Cupps was standalone POY. No different than this year, and Centerville won the league once again.
Fair, but Wayne lost 4 league games last year. Centerville loses multiple GWOC games without Powell and O'Connor, Rice carried Wayne

I guess they just need to play 1v1 to determine who is MVP?!

Do we have a dribble limit? 1 shot or can they get their own offensive rebound?

Win by 2 or 11 straight?

Make it, take it?

GWOC commish is shady. Last year the votes were 5-2 in favor of Cupps and they gave him POY outright. this year the votes were 5-2 in favor of Rice and tried to make him and Cupps POY. the commish won't show anyone the votes of any of the coaches.....says it's confidential. y? everyone see's how each team is voted for in the tournament.

GWOC commish is shady. Last year the votes were 5-2 in favor of Cupps and they gave him POY outright. this year the votes were 5-2 in favor of Rice and tried to make him and Cupps POY. the commish won't show anyone the votes of any of the coaches.....says it's confidential. y? everyone see's how each team is voted for in the tournament.
How do you know the commish "tried" that? And how could he do that arbitrarily if the votes were 5-2? And who cares how each coach voted - 5-2 is the winner and that evidently got shared to somebody because you state it as fact.

They don't vote in person? How does the commish have the votes and nobody knows?? And who doesn't get a vote since 7 teams voted and there is 8 GWOC teams.

It’s simple how could Cupps get serious consideration for Mr Basketball if he is not even POY in his conference. If the commish did do that he was thinking of the publicity for the GWOC with a back to back Mr Basketball.

Each coach emails the votes to the commish for player of the year, coach of they year and the conference reports out the POY, 1st Team, 2nd Team, etc. the reason I say 7 votes is because you can't vote for your own player for poy

Each coach emails the votes to the commish for player of the year, coach of they year and the conference reports out the POY, 1st Team, 2nd Team, etc. the reason I say 7 votes is because you can't vote for your own player for poy
Secret ballots is wild to me, zero accountability.

Even so wouldn't votes go:
Cville - Lawrent
Wayne - Cupps
6 others - ???

If it's an email to the commissioner - a secret ballot - how do you know the results? Are you the commissioner?

If it's an email to the commissioner - a secret ballot - how do you know the results? Are you the commissioner?
That is the point of this conversation. The commish says the votes were this. When other coaches are asked who they voted for, the results are different than what he says. that is why there is confusion. He said it was a tie between Rice/Cupps, but coaches say they voted 5 votes for Rice.

Cupps will still somehow probably win southwest district player of the year. Love watching him play but i’m not even sure he was the best player on Centerville this year

Cupps will still somehow probably win southwest district player of the year. Love watching him play but i’m not even sure he was the best player on Centerville this year
Completely agree, Powell was. And Cupps was voted District 15 player of the year over Rice, not sure when All-SWOH comes out but I think it is district finals week

Completely agree, Powell was. And Cupps was voted District 15 player of the year over Rice, not sure when All-SWOH comes out but I think it is district finals week

I think people consider different things when they talk about who they think the best player is. I think valid arguments could be made for Powell, House, and Rolf the last two years. There is, though, only one common denominator for a team who won a state title, then was top 10 nationally, then was #1 in the final AP poll.

I look at it like Villanova in 2015. Ryan Arcidiacono averaged 12 points, 3 rebounds, and 4 assists and was Big East Player of the Year. They had Josh Hart, Kris Jenkins, Daniel Ochefu, and a young Jalen Brunson. You could say that any one of them was the best player on any given night or over the course of the season. I think Arch got the award because he's the one who made them go.

I think people consider different things when they talk about who they think the best player is. I think valid arguments could be made for Powell, House, and Rolf the last two years. There is, though, only one common denominator for a team who won a state title, then was top 10 nationally, then was #1 in the final AP poll.

I look at it like Villanova in 2015. Ryan Arcidiacono averaged 12 points, 3 rebounds, and 4 assists and was Big East Player of the Year. They had Josh Hart, Kris Jenkins, Daniel Ochefu, and a young Jalen Brunson. You could say that any one of them was the best player on any given night or over the course of the season. I think Arch got the award because he's the one who made them go.
No real argument with any of that. I think looking at just this season Powell saved them in many games and was the best player on their team. That said, I think Rice was better than both of them.