GWOC 2023-2024

Wayne has to force turnovers and push the pace. It may result in them getting run out of the gym, but it’s the only chance they have. If they continue to let this be a GCL football game, they won’t hit 30 points.

Wayne looks very timid on offense. Elder settling for layups or nothing at all. They only attempted one shot outside of the paint. Wayne has a 6'6" kid... not sure why they don't use him but they need someone inside that can stop Elder's inside game.

I don’t think Wayne is going to beat Elder. I know everyone is going to point to the close game at Elder earlier in the year, but if Wayne plays the way they did against Lebanon (despite the win, they were terrible) and Elder plays the way they did against Lakota West, Elder will win by 20. Wayne is going to need to sit down and play some defense to have a chance.
Like I said, Wayne was going to need a better defensive effort, which they didn't get tonight at all.

Like I said, Wayne was going to need a better defensive effort, which they didn't get tonight at all.

the thing about Wayne is that they really did not play that well away from home this season. Or, I should rather say play consistently. They did not look right against Lebanon nor did they look good against Elder. I did not think that Wayne would win today but I thought they would of given a better effort. Overall, Wayne had a good season for what they had compared too what they had lost over the years..... I was not sure they could of won a Sectional this season especially early in the year so at the end of the day I will take this season and how it went.

At the half, Centerville leads Middletown 30-19 in the District Championship. Elks ball to start the half!
Centerville let the pace slacken in that 2nd quarter. If they stay uptempo, Middletown can't run with them. If the pace stays slow, Middies need to run their stuff and not panic when Centerville pressures and gradually chip away.

Middletown has cut the lead to 59-52 in favor of the Elks, 1:49 left, Elks ball. Middies pressure and made 3's have turned this into a game

Njie misses wo FT's, Middletown within and 1, 59-55 Elks, Eli Greenberg shooting 2, 1:08 left. Makes both, Elks lead 61-55

Ethan Greenberg hit both, Elks lead 65-58, Powell fouls a 3 point shooter, Elks now lead 65-60, :24 left. Eli Greenberg goes to the line for 2 shots. He makes both, 67-60 Elks